Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Womenslaxxfan

Re: Recruiting

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:40 pm
BigRedChant wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:24 pm School wants you… You like the school…

Happy for these girls to earn what they have so worked so hard to achieve

I don’t understand any negativity around these early decisions
I agree. Especially since they are throwing money around like candy on Halloween. Kids should know what their dream schools are at this point. If that school offers on Sept 1, so be it. If that’s where you want to go, take it. Most kids are making lists of reach, fit and safety schools. Now if a school that you didn’t visit and never emailed or wanted is contacting you on Sept 1 with an offer and you’re taking it, that’s a big difference. But I don’t that is the case.

This: Kids should know what their dream schools are at this point. If that school offers on Sept 1, so be it. If that’s where you want to go, take it.

Agree with the excerpt above
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:09 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:51 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:41 pm Though I don't have a dog in the fight for this round of recruiting, though I'd pass on some tidbits i've heard over the past 2 days from some 26 parents who reached out to this "experienced" recruiting parent.

- Many full rides are being offered, not just by top 10 schools.

- Its not just the top 100 players who getting these offers. One girl from my daughter's club who didn't get invited to BIC, JO or American Select have multiple full ride offers from schools in the 45-60 range.

- However, lots of these full rides are exploding offers. Eg we need you to commit by next Sunday or we move on to someone else. We still want you, but the offer will be less. I expect IG to blow up Sunday with commits.

- JMU, Coastal and Ohio State going HAM with offers.

- At least one top 25 coach said they are targeting a recruiting class of 6 or 7. This school usually takes 11 or 12. Said they are "focusing" on quality.

- Noone has heard from Georgetown, including some legacy kids on top 20 club teams.
I figured this was the route things were going. I discussed this a few weeks ago but i didn't think it would be happening this fast..Honestly good for the players. But i fear mismanagement of this will break some programs
This is a poor development for players. It’s probably better than offering rising sophomores like when my d1 daughter went through the process 8 years ago—-but the pressure it puts on young women and their families is a bummer. For those families who need every single dollar of aid for the their daughter’s educations, then an early grab at a full ride may end up being worth it.
But my experience (my daughters and many other friends daughters over the years) is that patience pays off IF you can afford it. Focus on the intersection of those schools that show interest and those schools you would actually want your daughter to attend irrespective of whether she ever sets foot on the lacrosse field. And the odds are that things will work out with respect to the program and enough money to make it work.

My 2 cents…
agreed. think it will end up being a terrible development. lacrosse needs to get back to the drawing board on recruiting rules.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:46 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:31 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:17 pm UNC’s first commit is Elizabeth Smith, 5-star midfielder.
right out of Syracuse's backyard. Could be significant and a sign of a trend to come. we'll see
Will be interesting to see if they can land Powell or Rothfuss.
If what I have heard over the last couple years is true, Rothfuss won’t be dealing with snow in college
AroundTheWorld

Post by AroundTheWorld »

LaxUpstate wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:17 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:17 pm UNC’s first commit is Elizabeth Smith, 5-star midfielder.
right out of Syracuse's backyard. Could be significant and a sign of a trend to come. we'll see
If what I have heard over the last couple years is true, Rothfuss won’t be dealing with snow in college
Florida or Cuse. I bet Florida will get Rothfuss and Bragg this weekend during their visit.
AroundTheWorld

Post by AroundTheWorld »

AroundTheWorld wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:38 pm
Florida or Cuse. I bet Florida will get Rothfuss and Bragg this weekend during their visit.
And Rothfuss to Florida already
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

AroundTheWorld wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:58 pm
No snow. No clue on Powell. I hope Cuse, but if she hasn’t committed already then I’m losing hope
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxUpstate wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:02 pm
AroundTheWorld wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:58 pm
No snow. No clue on Powell. I hope Cuse, but if she hasn’t committed already then I’m losing hope
Powell is UNC or BC bound. I wasn't expecting Cuse to land any of the top girls but these are girls they usually land. the KT thing might hold some water
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Penn State grabbing their first Pennsylvania commit. And got But Horvath who is a 4 star. So that was good. Missy doing the recruiting all by herself since she got rid of everyone.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Powell to UNC
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:54 pmPowell to UNC
oof. Saw it comming. Still hurts. KT recruited her hard. The vibes are def rotten in syracuse
Last edited by Kleizaster on Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:03 pm
oof. Saw it comming. Still hurts. KT recruited her hard. The vibes are def rotten in syracuse
Sucks losing a top commit that lives 20 minutes away
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I'm not surprised. I hate saying it but how can schools in less than desirable locations compete with UNC and Chapel Hill? Honestly. If the money is the same (and from what I'm hearing just about everyone will be playing there for free), who the heck would take Syracuse over UNC if they had the choice. I'm not saying they are winning championships (ah I'll say it, they win one in the next 4) , but they can recruit just about anyone and everyone they want. Just my opinion. No dog in the fight. ;)
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxUpstate wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:06 pm
Sucks losing a top commit that lives 20 minutes away
I would think that is very common. Most kids want to get away. Especially if it isn't a money thing.
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:13 pm I'm not surprised. I hate saying it but how can schools in less than desirable locations compete with UNC and Chapel Hill? Honestly. If the money is the same (and from what I'm hearing just about everyone will be playing there for free), who the heck would take Syracuse over UNC if they had the choice. I'm not saying they are winning championships (ah I'll say it, they win one in the next 4) , but they can recruit just about anyone and everyone they want. Just my opinion. No dog in the fight. ;)
Completely agree. Syracuse doesn’t have the passionate fan base like some SEC or BIG10 schools, so it’s easy to go elsewhere. Similar to Maryland missing out on top recruits in their backyard over the years.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:13 pm I'm not surprised. I hate saying it but how can schools in less than desirable locations compete with UNC and Chapel Hill? Honestly. If the money is the same (and from what I'm hearing just about everyone will be playing there for free), who the heck would take Syracuse over UNC if they had the choice. I'm not saying they are winning championships (ah I'll say it, they win one in the next 4) , but they can recruit just about anyone and everyone they want. Just my opinion. No dog in the fight. ;)
Add to that bigger football, basketball, and more hope with conference realignment than a Syracuse.
AroundTheWorld

Post by AroundTheWorld »

At least they got one of the top goalies in the class (M&D)
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

LaxUpstate wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:32 pm
Completely agree. Syracuse doesn’t have the passionate fan base like some SEC or BIG10 schools, so it’s easy to go elsewhere. Similar to Maryland missing out on top recruits in their backyard over the years.

They seem to be doing pretty good
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Yes it's true that UNC gets their pick of top recruits. But Syracuse is a big enough lax program that they can also get their fair share. The problem is that they have a very small margin of error. They have to be very good on the field and avoid off field issues for top players to wanna go there or stay local. New York winters are no joke. UNC can afford to have mediocre seasons and still land top girls for the reasons you stated above. I think Cuse will be fine, they had excellent 2024 and 2025 classes, even with the decommitments. But for this Cycle all the noise hurt them
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

LaxUpstate wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:32 pm
What? Cuse leads the country in attendance almost every year. Cuse may have the most passionate fanbase? This isnt football we are talking about its lax
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

And I am not knocking Syracuse the school(figure that should be said before somebody with three boys that play lacrosse in Syracuse decides to try and call my daughter's coach again). Just saying, playing lax for four months and then hanging out for four months, Syracuse or Chapel Hill? It's really a no brainer.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”