Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:44 am Retry his fat ass. Of course. Can’t let the criminal walk.
That might become problematic counselor if trump wins in November. IMO the only effective solution lies in the hands of the grim reaper.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

First, he ain't gonna win.

Second, let's have any retrial in August or September.

Third, this is a state case. He can't pardon himself or order his goons to drop the prosecution.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:03 pm First, he ain't gonna win.

Third, this is a state case. He can't pardon himself or order his goons to drop the prosecution.
Your pretty confident. He SHOULDN'T win. His opponent is scarily reminiscent of HRC. Joe Biden could be the only Democrat on the planet that trump has the slightest chance of defeating.
For point # 3 and I certainly am not into your league in the world of legal eagles. If trump pardons himself outright or via executive order then it becomes game on for the SCOTUS. As an added bonus counselor that should make you smile... a lot of litigators from a lot of law firms are going to make a lot of money when all those court cases begin to stack up. ;) A question to you counselor, what happens if a sitting president pardons him/herself by executive order? Is there any precedent that even remotely addresses such a situation? I'm assuming a pardon generated at the federal level even if by the POTUS does not supercede legal proceedings at a state level.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Your pretty confident. He SHOULDN'T win. His opponent is scarily reminiscent of HRC. Joe Biden could be the only Democrat on the planet that trump has the slightest chance of defeating.
For point # 3 and I certainly am not into your league in the world of legal eagles. If trump pardons himself outright or via executive order then it becomes game on for the SCOTUS. As an added bonus counselor that should make you smile... a lot of litigators from a lot of law firms are going to make a lot of money when all those court cases begin to stack up. ;) A question to you counselor, what happens if a sitting president pardons him/herself by executive order? Is there any precedent that even remotely addresses such a situation? I'm assuming a pardon generated at the federal level even if by the POTUS does not supercede legal proceedings at a state level.
It’s 100% straightforward, presidents have no pardon power with state crimes.

Where I think there would be an argument would be regarding prosecution of a sitting President. While sitting.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He can’t pardon himself for any state crimes.

One would think he couldn’t pardon himself for federal crimes, but how would it be challenged? Certainly no federal prosecutor while Trump is in office would challenge it. It would have to come after he left office. A normal Supreme Court would reject the argument out of hand. What would these bozos do? Beats me.

Trump groveled for votes at the Libertarian convention. Pretty compelling evidence that even he knows he is losing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:09 pm

One would think he couldn’t pardon himself for federal crimes, but how would it be challenged? Certainly no federal prosecutor while Trump is in office would challenge it. It would have to come after he left office. A normal Supreme Court would reject the argument out of hand. What would these bozos do? Beats me.

Trump groveled for votes at the Libertarian convention. Pretty compelling evidence that even he knows he is losing.
The convention was hilarious. Trump is shocked that the Libertarians can add and subtract, and know Trump made the government well over 50% larger in his four years. Swamp, bigger than ever, with TrumpFamily lining their pockets ever chance they had.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Just because he can't doesn't mean he can't try.
njbill

Post by njbill »

We’ve got a verdict. To be announced shortly.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The know everything talking heads think it will be a split verdict. They say it took 30 minutes to fill out the verdict forms. What they are saying is that if it was unanimous either way, they could fill out the forms in a couple of minutes.

We shall see in a moment.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Verdict is in. Guilty apparently. Sounds like the Judge will confine Trump to House Arrest, not sure he is seeing the inside of prison cell.

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:11 pm Verdict is in. Guilty apparently. Sounds like the Judge will confine Trump to House Arrest, not sure he is seeing the inside of prison cell.

Joe
Well, this just made America a whole lot more complicated.

What will Republican leaders and their voters do?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Guilty on all 34 counts.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:12 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:11 pm Verdict is in. Guilty apparently. Sounds like the Judge will confine Trump to House Arrest, not sure he is seeing the inside of prison cell.

Joe

Did many voters think he wasn't going to get convicted? Certainly sounds like Trump accepted the fact as the trail wore on.

Joe
ggait

Post by ggait »

Judge Jeanine in full melt down on Faux News.

Must see tv.

And they also have Saltys favorite gaslighter Andy McCarthy on too.

More 🍿 please.
Last edited by ggait on Thu May 30, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:15 pm

Joe

Did many voters think he wasn't going to get convicted? Certainly sounds like Trump accepted the fact as the trail wore on.

Joe
You tell me. I'm not a Republican. Can't speak for them.

The Foxnews.com picture and headshot next to large font "Guilty" feels like a shot across Trump's bow.... will R's put up a felon as their leader?

Or will they play the "let's wait two years for an appeal, this doesn't count" card on 57 separate counts?

I have no clue.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

🤡🤡🤡
Witch hunt
🤡🤡🤡
Rigged trial
🤡🤡🤡
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:17 pm

Joe

Joe

The Foxnews.com picture and headshot next to large font "Guilty" feels like a shot across Trump's bow.... will R's put up a felon as their leader?

Or will they play the "let's wait two years for an appeal, this doesn't count" card on 57 separate counts?

I have no clue.
Yup, I agree with you. The crazy part is that until he is actually sentenced, this doesn't hurt his chances for election in November. I don't think today's ruling was surprising.

Joe
ggait

Post by ggait »

FNC talking a lot right now about…wait for it…

Hunter Biden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:22 pm
a fan wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:17 pm

Joe

Joe

I have no clue.
Yup, I agree with you. The crazy part is that until he is actually sentenced, this doesn't hurt his chances for election in November. I don't think today's ruling was surprising.

Joe
It wasn't. Pretty obvious he broke laws, and pulled a "Nixon", where the cover up was the problem. Trump didn't understand the "I can shoot someone in broad daylight, and my followers will still vote for, and love me" thing. There was NO REASON for him to cover this sh(t up. No one who voted for him cared about this stuff.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I understand that one of the laptops given to the jury to review the evidence was actually Hunter Biden‘s laptop, which had all sorts of stuff about why Trump should be guilty.

Terrible, just terrible.

Return to “POLITICS”