Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxinallthetime

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by laxinallthetime »

flushlax77 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:03 am
laxinallthetime wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:10 pm Ana White, Asst. Coach out at Rutgers
Headed to one of these openings? William & Mary?
removed
610Lax

Post by 610Lax »

Christy Leach and Stetson have mutually agreed to part ways.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Thought there'd be more "movement" since the regular season ended. Unless I missed it in the past and more changes happen after the tournament... Still waiting for FSU's big splash too :roll:
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:06 pm
Laxdadfor2 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:08 am As far as the Furman hire, there is no context to why she is a bad hire. Started 2 program in the last 8 years. Went 74-22 at UAH over 6 seasons (including the 7 game Covid season) and went 24-11 in 2 seasons at Anderson (SC). This year they finished in a 3 way tie for the regular season SAC championship and their 3 losses were by a combined 9 goals if my math is correct. Those are some pretty solid numbers.
It's not about her numbers, it more about Furman already having a solid coach (ASUN COY Rachel Shuck Whitten) and the athletic department deciding they do not want to invest in women's lacrosse to get them across the line and win the conference. This is now their third coach in 3-4 years when they could have found the success the needed with the coach that left for better support.

I wish her luck, but I don't think she will have much on her side since the school doesn't support WLax...
On this note, any news about the Anderson hire?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Disappointed (but not surprised) that no announcement have come from Colgate or San Diego State.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I believe the Colgate coach has a five-year contract which runs out after this season. Perhaps others on the board know what the usual commencement and termination dates are for such contracts. June 1? July 1?

Assuming that is the case with her, I’m not surprised that an announcement has yet to be made. I’m sure we will hear something once her contract expires.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:33 pm I believe the Colgate coach has a five-year contract which runs out after this season. Perhaps others on the board know what the usual commencement and termination dates are for such contracts. June 1? July 1?

Assuming that is the case with her, I’m not surprised that an announcement has yet to be made. I’m sure we will hear something once her contract expires.
Bill, another thread here reporting she is out. And she has been sterilized from the Colgate Women's Lacrosse website.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I saw that. The announcement was just made today evidently. The website no longer lists her as coach, but the article regarding her resignation is still on the Colgate women’s lacrosse page.

If, in fact, it is true that she still had two years to go on her contract, she must have gotten extended at some point. When she was initially hired in 2019, she had a five-year contract. Maybe after the 2020 Covid year and the PL’s truncated 2021 year, they extended her. Don’t know.
laxinallthetime

What assistant coach is out at JMU????
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

NO ONE involved w Colgate should be surprised by this.

Dear Alumni, Families, and Friends of Colgate Women’s Lacrosse,
I write to let you know that Kathy Taylor has decided to step aside from her role as Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Colgate. I thank Kathy for her hard work and dedication over the past five years and her efforts to build Colgate’s women’s lacrosse program into a tough competitor and one that is poised to take the next step and battle for league championships.
Kathy departs Colgate completing a 36-year career in coaching that began at Fayetteville-Manlius High School in 1988 and included stints as the Head Coach at SUNY Cortland and Le Moyne before her current post at Colgate. She came to Colgate in 2019 and helped guide the Raiders to three Patriot League tournament appearances, including a semifinal berth in 2021. She developed eight All-Patriot League honorees, a pair of Academic All-League selections, and numerous IWLCA academic recognitions. In 16 seasons as a head coach, Taylor’s career record stands at 233-76 (.754).
I have asked assistant coach Katherine Sweeney to stay on and lead the program during the transition. She will continue recruiting and running the program during the interim period.
A national search for Colgate’s next Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach will begin immediately.
Sincerely,
Yariv Amir ’01
Vice President and Director of Athletics
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
NotFromMD

Post by NotFromMD »

laxinallthetime wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm What assistant coach is out at JMU????
Well, the job posting says "Experience working with the Draw position preferred".......
laxinallthetime

NotFromMD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:38 pm
laxinallthetime wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm What assistant coach is out at JMU????
Well, the job posting says "Experience working with the Draw position preferred".......
Oh so maybe looking for new coach! Thanks for pointing that out!
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Nigel wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:27 pm NO ONE involved w Colgate should be surprised by this.

Dear Alumni, Families, and Friends of Colgate Women’s Lacrosse,
I write to let you know that Kathy Taylor has decided to step aside from her role as Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Colgate. I thank Kathy for her hard work and dedication over the past five years and her efforts to build Colgate’s women’s lacrosse program into a tough competitor and one that is poised to take the next step and battle for league championships.
Kathy departs Colgate completing a 36-year career in coaching that began at Fayetteville-Manlius High School in 1988 and included stints as the Head Coach at SUNY Cortland and Le Moyne before her current post at Colgate. She came to Colgate in 2019 and helped guide the Raiders to three Patriot League tournament appearances, including a semifinal berth in 2021. She developed eight All-Patriot League honorees, a pair of Academic All-League selections, and numerous IWLCA academic recognitions. In 16 seasons as a head coach, Taylor’s career record stands at 233-76 (.754).
I have asked assistant coach Katherine Sweeney to stay on and lead the program during the transition. She will continue recruiting and running the program during the interim period.
A national search for Colgate’s next Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach will begin immediately.
Sincerely,
Yariv Amir ’01
Vice President and Director of Athletics
I'm kinda surprised Jess Becker is out as well. From everything I've heard, she was the reason many of the girls stayed as long as they did.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

NotFromMD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:38 pm
JMU only had 2 paid assistants this year. could just be getting back to being a fully funded program.
SocalGeoff

Post by SocalGeoff »

Does Florida State compete this coming season or is it 2025-2026? Who was the other Florida school that is playing for first time this coming year - is it USF or UCF?
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

FSU is 25-26 school year or later. USF comes in this year with Rhode Island and Charlotte.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Has the Florida State top secret current Division 1 head coach who was hired 6 months ago finally arrived in Tallahassee? :lol:
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:32 pm Has the Florida State top secret current Division 1 head coach who was hired 6 months ago finally arrived in Tallahassee? :lol:
It’s coming very soon.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:32 pm Has the Florida State top secret current Division 1 head coach who was hired 6 months ago finally arrived in Tallahassee? :lol:
It’s coming very soon.
Already locking up transfers! (I'm not buying it...).
SocalGeoff

Post by SocalGeoff »

It would seem that no one would announce a transfer to FSU until next summer, right ? They can’t announce they are transferring a year in advance and then not play for their current program , that makes no sense.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”