The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:13 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:40 am Garland in Contempt? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-69022395
Assume that the GOP House Oversight Committee contempt citation is issued. Now what happens?

The President has interposed executive privilege against disclosure of the videotapes. The DOJ will likely contest the legal basis for the subpoenaed materials, asserting that the Congress does not have an appropriate legislative purpose for the disclosure, and that the disclosure of the transcripts was sufficient for any such purposes in any event.

I know you have registered your disagreement with Trump's interposition of executive privilege on many...whoa, strike that.

So a case is filed in the federal district court in Washington, House Oversight v. Garland. The Court issues an order quashing the contempt and effectively validating the DOJ's/Garland's measured and lawful approach to evaluation of the subpoena and DOJ's decision to contest its scope and purpose. Appeal is had to the DC Circuit, and a briefing schedule is published and the case is briefed and argued.

Where in the foregoing is the GOP Majority doing anything that helps Americans? Do you not understand that this is all of the mishmash you purport to hate, but now, as it is coming from Comer the Gomer, you seem OK with it. Weird. Wonder what the legal authority "bubblebathgirl" thinks?
Objection. speculation. "Sustained"
Ahh, clever reply that I can label, "YA takes the Fifth."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:55 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:40 am Garland in Contempt? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-69022395
Assume that the GOP House Oversight Committee contempt citation is issued. Now what happens?

The President has interposed executive privilege against disclosure of the videotapes. The DOJ will likely contest the legal basis for the subpoenaed materials, asserting that the Congress does not have an appropriate legislative purpose for the disclosure, and that the disclosure of the transcripts was sufficient for any such purposes in any event.

I know you have registered your disagreement with Trump's interposition of executive privilege on many...whoa, strike that.

So a case is filed in the federal district court in Washington, House Oversight v. Garland. The Court issues an order quashing the contempt and effectively validating the DOJ's/Garland's measured and lawful approach to evaluation of the subpoena and DOJ's decision to contest its scope and purpose. Appeal is had to the DC Circuit, and a briefing schedule is published and the case is briefed and argued.

Where in the foregoing is the GOP Majority doing anything that helps Americans? Do you not understand that this is all of the mishmash you purport to hate, but now, as it is coming from Comer the Gomer, you seem OK with it. Weird. Wonder what the legal authority "bubblebathgirl" thinks?
The plot thickens (my little pretty) .....love the video and background music by Luna, makes it kinda scary... :lol:

https://x.com/MJTruthUltra/status/1791473442237075779
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Youth,
You do understand what the Republicans want to do with it, right?

It's not as if they don't know exactly what was said. Heck, they can get Hur under oath to attest that he agrees that it's an accurate transcript of his interview. Probably already did that, right?

So...that ain't a legislative purpose. They will lose in court soundly on this BS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 pm Youth,

It's not as if they don't know exactly what was said. Heck, they can get Hur under oath to attest that he agrees that it's an accurate transcript of his interview. Probably already did that, right?

So...that ain't a legislative purpose. They will lose in court soundly on this BS.
So let them cut themselves off at the kneecaps....it helps us all, right? Or stop making it continually appear that everything Biden does is perfect and everything Trump did was not...so much he must live in prison or court or both. As I have said plenty of times.....every move the democrats make that puts on further on display the perceived cover up vs the applied guilt, further gives Trump an edge. If Biden's call was "perfect' ( :lol: remember that from Trump) then release it.....BFD they have the transcript, what is there to hide?

No, I am not here advocating on behalf of Trump, I am playing the InTouch intercessor for the 'get off my lawn' fanlax folks, I think you may be one of them. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 pm Youth,

So let them cut themselves off at the kneecaps....it helps us all, right? Or stop making it continually appear that everything Biden does is perfect and everything Trump did was not...so much he must live in prison or court or both. As I have said plenty of times.....every move the democrats make that puts on further on display the perceived cover up vs the applied guilt, further gives Trump an edge. If Biden's call was "perfect' ( :lol: remember that from Trump) then release it.....BFD they have the transcript, what is there to hide?

No, I am not here advocating on behalf of Trump, I am playing the InTouch intercessor for the 'get off my lawn' fanlax folks, I think you may be one of them. ;) :lol:
Nope, this ain't remotely the same thing. Sad that you see it otherwise.

I'm not sure why you think that anyone on here or the mainstream media or Democrats in Congress or...think "everything Biden does is perfect". There's critique of Biden near constantly in each venue from people who very likely support him over Trump.

Nor "everything Trump did was not" (perfect). I could come up with some things Trump did perfectly, but frankly they're not any reasons to vote for him.

And yeah, he deserves to be in jail...for a whole lot of different crimes. I predict he'll never go to jail. I think the current trial is most likely to end in a hung jury and even if it ends in conviction, I suspect that Biden would pardon him post election. Same for other convictions that are going to take multiple years of appeals before completed.

But he's definitely a criminal IMO. A fraud, a con, a cheat in all aspects of his life.

But that's what I've always thought of him. He just keeps giving more reasons confirming.

As to contrast between these guys and their capacities to think clearly and make sense to voters, Biden challenged Trump to debate and the voters will have a chance to see the differences 'live'. Unless Trump reneges and pulls another no show like he did in the primaries.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:51 am

The plot thickens (my little pretty) .....love the video and background music by Luna, makes it kinda scary... :lol:

Performative nonsense that you pass on. You are a purposeful or unwitting agent of deep MAGA bullsh@t. But you got Jesus going on, so you’re good.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:51 am

Performative nonsense that you pass on. You are a purposeful or unwitting agent of deep MAGA bullsh@t. But you got Jesus going on, so you’re good.
Amen to that brother... Amen to that....
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:30 pm Seems they are clsoing in: https://x.com/MorningsMaria/status/1791078644846383244
I believe we have now reached maximum, dumb ass, gaslighting, escape velocity, trollery.

Comer + Bartiromo + YA. That's what you call dumb fork synergy! Turned up to 11!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

How in the world is Maria still not fired? She must have compromising info on Fox.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:30 pm Seems they are clsoing in: https://x.com/MorningsMaria/status/1791078644846383244
I believe we have now reached maximum, dumb ass, gaslighting, escape velocity, trollery.

Comer + Bartiromo + YA. That's what you call dumb fork synergy! Turned up to 11!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

How in the world is Maria still not fired? She must have compromising info on Fox.
:lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice job Joe.....cancelling the debate at Virginia Statue HBCU, only to follow with a tweet shortly after trying to CYA....what kciD move.

https://www.wfxrtv.com/news/your-local- ... te-at-vsu/

https://x.com/POTUS/status/1791600836625252807
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 pm Nice job Joe.....cancelling the debate at Virginia Statue HBCU, only to follow with a tweet shortly after trying to CYA....what kciD move.

Man, you are nailing the big issues today. @bubblebathgirl!!!!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 pm Nice job Joe.....cancelling the debate at Virginia Statue HBCU, only to follow with a tweet shortly after trying to CYA....what kciD move.

😂😂😂
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I read somewhere online that the majority of the public has more confidence about the economy in tRump rather than Biden. Interesting if true because tRump caused record unemployment whereas Biden has record job creation. Will be interesting to see how this issue develops during the campaign which is just around the corner.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:02 pm I read somewhere online that the majority of the public has more confidence about the economy in tRump rather than Biden. Interesting if true because tRump caused record unemployment whereas Biden has record job creation. Will be interesting to see how this issue develops during the campaign which is just around the corner.
To be fair Brooklyn, Trump didn't cause Covid, right?
He made a bunch of really stupid statements and moves, but Covid is what cost jobs in the short run.
Trump goosed the economy with tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, promising reduced deficits...which made no sense, but did goose the economy...until Covid hit...

And likewise, really can't give Biden all the credit in recovery of employment. Some for sure, as he didn't f-it-up, and the general policies of making sure the economy was running full steam did lead to best growth of any developed economy in the world, coupled with major infrastructure spending that's going to be an engine that fuels growth for another decade...unless f'd-up.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:54 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:02 pm I read somewhere online that the majority of the public has more confidence about the economy in tRump rather than Biden. Interesting if true because tRump caused record unemployment whereas Biden has record job creation. Will be interesting to see how this issue develops during the campaign which is just around the corner.
He made a bunch of really stupid statements and moves, but Covid is what cost jobs in the short run.
Trump goosed the economy with tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, promising reduced deficits...which made no sense, but did goose the economy...until Covid hit...

And likewise, really can't give Biden all the credit in recovery of employment. Some for sure, as he didn't f-it-up, and the general policies of making sure the economy was running full steam did lead to best growth of any developed economy in the world, coupled with major infrastructure spending that's going to be an engine that fuels growth for another decade...unless f'd-up.
Hey….at least brooksie understands the pulse of the people. You don’t get it b/c you are edumacated with a popped collar and a sweater toes around your neck. Most voters can barely find Maryland on a map….and you expect them to rationalize your comment…cmon man.

Most people had discretionary cash under Trump….that’s all they need to understand.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just doing my part to keep you grumpy old men up to date on what’s trending and being absorbed on social media. You should be thanking me 🤪
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:19 pm

Hey….at least brooksie understands the pulse of the people. You don’t get it b/c you are edumacated with a popped collar and a sweater toes around your neck. Most voters can barely find Maryland on a map….and you expect them to rationalize your comment…cmon man.

Most people had discretionary cash under Trump….that’s all they need to understand.
Yep. Remember why? Bet you do.

Uncle Sam, handing out money, cutting taxes, and increasing spending. Republicans Greatest Hits.

But you're right, if you ask them, they think that it fell from the sky. Or they "earned it".

Now that the inflation is coming from allllllll that Trump spending BEFORE Covid, and AFTER Covid?

You're right. Americans are stupid. They think it's Biden's fault, because of course they do.

You have to ask them "where did all the money come from that got the vaccine? And bailout businesses? And give DIRECT cash to every American?

Even then, as we've seen here at the forum over and over and over....they'll have excuses at the ready as to how "someone else" got that money.

Yeah, no. We ALL did. Time to pay up. Want to kill inflation? Move taxes to where they were under Reagan. THAT will do it.

Show of hands: besides me, who wants to pay taxes to where they were under just Clinton, let alone Reagan?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 pm

Uncle Sam, handing out money, cutting taxes, and increasing spending. Republicans Greatest Hits.

But you're right, if you ask them, they think that it fell from the sky. Or they "earned it".

Now that the inflation is coming from allllllll that Trump spending BEFORE Covid, and AFTER Covid?

You're right. Americans are stupid. They think it's Biden's fault, because of course they do.

You have to ask them "where did all the money come from that got the vaccine? And bailout businesses? And give DIRECT cash to every American?

Even then, as we've seen here at the forum over and over and over....they'll have excuses at the ready as to how "someone else" got that money.

Yeah, no. We ALL did. Time to pay up. Want to kill inflation? Move taxes to where they were under Reagan. THAT will do it.

Show of hands: besides me, who wants to pay taxes to where they were under just Clinton, let alone Reagan?
I tell others all the time…his tax changes effed us. I never had to pay Uncle Sam until Trump was in office.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:04 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 pm

I tell others all the time…his tax changes effed us. I never had to pay Uncle Sam until Trump was in office.
Nice. Tell your R leaders you're sick of handouts to the rich.

And in places like IL and NY? Dems giving away the State to Corporations, and handing the tab to small businesses and ordinary people.

At some point? The libs will gain power when the smart ones make a good pitch to citizens that we've had enough of this game.

Trickle down doesn't work. Never has. Never will.

And lest we forget? Biden and the Dem leaders "forgot" to roll back Trump tax giveaways to multinationals and the rich. So it's on them now.

Return to “POLITICS”