UNC 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Finster

Re: UNC 2024

Post by Finster »

Laxfan016 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm 2025 Heel will be a top-ten team: I'm booking it right now. They will make big moves in the transfer portal and Duffy and Dom having a full year under them will only make them more deadly with chemistry. Also, I think this makes Matan move back to his natural position as that third attackmen and hopefully recreate what he did his freshman year. I think the Defense will be fine with Barton healthy, Thorman, ROPE unit, GIO coming to Chapel hill. But the only question marks I have is who will be the 3rd cover guy and can this midfield be able to produce. Teams like DUKE, ND, UVA losing so much talent from graduation, this is time for UNC to climb by to the top of the ACC

They’ve ALREADY MADE big moves in the transfer portal.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Finster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:04 am
Laxfan016 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm 2025 Heel will be a top-ten team: I'm booking it right now. They will make big moves in the transfer portal and Duffy and Dom having a full year under them will only make them more deadly with chemistry. Also, I think this makes Matan move back to his natural position as that third attackmen and hopefully recreate what he did his freshman year. I think the Defense will be fine with Barton healthy, Thorman, ROPE unit, GIO coming to Chapel hill. But the only question marks I have is who will be the 3rd cover guy and can this midfield be able to produce. Teams like DUKE, ND, UVA losing so much talent from graduation, this is time for UNC to climb by to the top of the ACC

They’ve ALREADY MADE big moves in the transfer portal.
Still could use a stud/veteran middie or 2.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cotter and carc are the only ones that call him gio.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:12 am
cotter and carc are the only ones that call him gio.
And he doesn’t like it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

One Johnny Hackett please.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:03 am
Kid can ball. Would be a great addition *fingers crossed*
Laxfan016

Post by Laxfan016 »

LOVE THE START OF A BRYANT TO UNC PIPELINE lol
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxfan016 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 pm
LOVE THE START OF A BRYANT TO UNC PIPELINE lol
Theyre still pressler kids so he's not done f**king with duke.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

Theyre still pressler kids so he's not done f**king with duke.

That is quite funny. Well done
NCblue

Post by NCblue »

I was in Baltimore over this past weekend and attended the Hop game with some alums. Given the miserable weather and more time in the bar than in the stands the talk was that Duffy is hitting the portal this summer and is interested in transferring to Hop next season. I had heard this rumor elsewhere but ignored it as end of season chatter. Was taking Nick Dupuis an insurance policy in the event that this unfortunate event occurs? Why else would we need to add to our attack ranks. Duffy(?), Matan, Dom, Wrede and the freshman Karestos with other quality players incoming next fall. If there is one unit on the team that does not need another player it is the attack. I hate the portal. Thank goodness we do not have to worry about NIL, yet.
Has anyone else heard this rumor or just drunken Jays.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

NCblue wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:23 am I was in Baltimore over this past weekend and attended the Hop game with some alums. Given the miserable weather and more time in the bar than in the stands the talk was that Duffy is hitting the portal this summer and is interested in transferring to Hop next season. I had heard this rumor elsewhere but ignored it as end of season chatter. Was taking Nick Dupuis an insurance policy in the event that this unfortunate event occurs? Why else would we need to add to our attack ranks. Duffy(?), Matan, Dom, Wrede and the freshman Karestos with other quality players incoming next fall. If there is one unit on the team that does not need another player it is the attack. I hate the portal. Thank goodness we do not have to worry about NIL, yet.
I have not heard this one yet, I'd be sad to see Owen Duffy go.

My guess to picking up Dupuis is to have a pass first attackman. Neither Duffy, Matan, Wrede or Dom strike me as that. They'll get some apples but they're trying to get goals. Plus, they'll need some veteran leadership there. Dupuis will be a 6th year senior.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I'd love for that to be true, but it sounds totally made-up
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

NCblue wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:23 am I was in Baltimore over this past weekend and attended the Hop game with some alums. Given the miserable weather and more time in the bar than in the stands the talk was that Duffy is hitting the portal this summer and is interested in transferring to Hop next season. I had heard this rumor elsewhere but ignored it as end of season chatter. Was taking Nick Dupuis an insurance policy in the event that this unfortunate event occurs? Why else would we need to add to our attack ranks. Duffy(?), Matan, Dom, Wrede and the freshman Karestos with other quality players incoming next fall. If there is one unit on the team that does not need another player it is the attack. I hate the portal. Thank goodness we do not have to worry about NIL, yet.
If that’s true, sounds like some serious tampering allegations as I’m sure NIL money had to have been floated.
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

JerrysWorld wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:42 am
If that’s true, sounds like some serious tampering allegations as I’m sure NIL money had to have been floated.
Well, the Heels (allegedly) used NIL to sway those middie recruits this year, so sword cuts both ways I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Laxfan016

Post by Laxfan016 »

Any reason why Duffy would want to transfer, I get UNC having a down year, but he was and still is the number 1 guy on the team. So I'm curious about the rumors about him leaving
coda

Post by coda »

Yes. Story is he is trying to get more NIL
CloutierPoutine

coda wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 pm
I hope you have a reputable source! Rumor mill really spinning with this story.
coda

Post by coda »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:27 pm
He asked, if anyone heard this. I answered with the "story is". The source was reputable and has donned Carolina Blue. That does not mean Duffy will hit the portal. It more prevalent in football, but lot of kids threaten to hit the portal as a negotiating ploy. No idea if that is what this is about or if he is really looking to leave. Welcome to the new world order
CloutierPoutine

coda wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm
He asked, if anyone heard this. I answered with the "story is". The source was reputable and has donned Carolina Blue. That does not mean Duffy will hit the portal. It more prevalent in football, but lot of kids threaten to hit the portal as a negotiating ploy. No idea if that is what this is about or if he is really looking to leave. Welcome to the new world order
What schools are going to succumb to NIL demands from non revenue generating players? Honest question because it is an interesting topic. JHU? Georgetown? Denver? Are Ivy's too elite to play the NIL game? UNC has all the marketing power to help a player capitalize on their Name/Image/Likeness which I am guessing is the recruiting pitch, but I cannot see them allocating NIL money from the funds put together for Football and Basketball (Heels4Life). Slippery slope especially with the recent BOT comments.
coda

Post by coda »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:53 pm
coda wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm
What schools are going to succumb to NIL demands from non revenue generating players? Honest question because it is an interesting topic. JHU? Georgetown? Denver? Are Ivy's too elite to play the NIL game? UNC has all the marketing power to help a player capitalize on their Name/Image/Likeness which I am guessing is the recruiting pitch, but I cannot see them allocating NIL money from the funds put together for Football and Basketball (Heels4Life). Slippery slope especially with the recent BOT comments.
If we are going by the rumor mill, the top schools would be Hopkins and Cuse.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”