NCAA Tournament 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:54 pm Believe every word of that because he knows it to be true.
Which part of what I wrote do you know to be untrue, DMac?
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's all horseschidt.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm
laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 pm Yea that’s a 5 game suspension easy. Surely Coach Levy being all things safety will respond appropriately
The only reason Levy, and anyone else for that matter, got involved in "safety" issues was because Mrs. Everson wanted a pound of flesh for what happened to her daughter at Kenneth P. LaValle. Levy, nor anyone else, would have proposed anything like what happened between the 30's this season if the pissed off corporate executive didn't go on the warpath.
I’m sure the person you’re referring to has picked up the mantra again this time, right? After all, it wasn’t about her daughter but safety in the game overall that she desperately wanted to fix, right? I must have missed the Katie Couric post this time.
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm FWIW the last time something this egregious was caught on tape was in 2016 when an Oregon player was caught repeatedly slashing opponents off-ball in the same game. The video went viral and despite that, I believe she only served a one game suspension.
If this girl were on my team she would lose her scholarship (if she has one) and not be invited back, ever.
If you have that little respect for the game and your opponent(s) I don't want you on my team.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:12 pm It's all horseschidt.
Right. In other words, you don't know jack.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm
laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 pm Yea that’s a 5 game suspension easy. Surely Coach Levy being all things safety will respond appropriately
The only reason Levy, and anyone else for that matter, got involved in "safety" issues was because Mrs. Everson wanted a pound of flesh for what happened to her daughter at Kenneth P. LaValle. Levy, nor anyone else, would have proposed anything like what happened between the 30's this season if the pissed off corporate executive didn't go on the warpath.
I’m sure the person you’re referring to has picked up the mantra again this time, right? After all, it wasn’t about her daughter but safety in the game overall that she desperately wanted to fix, right? I must have missed the Katie Couric post this time.
Exactly. You know the score.
DMac

Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:24 pm
You don't know the "only reason" Levy got involved, and you sure as hell don't know why "anyone else" got involved either....that's horseschidt (ever so typical for you though). Fact of the matter is the crosschecking on the ride was out of control and needed to be dealt with. Officials weren't making the call and the crosschecking escalated. The girls brought this on themselves and the officials played a big role in being negligent in enforcing the rules and controlling the game. Consequently, green cards. Hopefully it will be (already is) recognized that the pendulum has swung too far and a little bit looser game will be allowed in the future.
Oh, and blow it out your asz.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 pm
You don't know the "only reason" Levy got involved, and you sure as hell don't know why "anyone else" got involved either....that's horseschidt (ever so typical for you though). Fact of the matter is the crosschecking on the ride was out of control and needed to be dealt with. Officials weren't making the call and the crosschecking escalated. The girls brought this on themselves and the officials played a big role in being negligent in enforcing the rules and controlling the game. Consequently, green cards. Hopefully it will be (already is) recognized that the pendulum has swung too far and a little bit looser game will be allowed in the future.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

DMac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 pm
I’m not really sure that’s a “fact”, but certainly you can have that opinion. The green card has been a debacle. And certainly the other proposals had absolutely nothing to do with safety whatsoever and thankfully coaches shot down Levy’s proposal to remove a field player.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think it's a whole lot more than just my opinion.
Open to hearing what's not factual there.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

“Fact that cross-checking was out of control” is not a fact and NCAA could easily emphasize yellow cards in the midfield instead of using new green cards to slow the game down and force teams to defend down a player on inadvertent contact/non dangerous plays. Meanwhile they add a flopping penalty. I’ve prob watched 50 games this year and not once have I seen this call made.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It is a fact, hence green cards now.
Go back and watch replays, very easy to see.
If it hadn't been happening there'd have been
no rule changes.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

DMac wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:47 am It is a fact, hence green cards now.
Go back and watch replays, very easy to see.
If it hadn't been happening there'd have been
no rule changes.
Certain teams absolutely took advantage of slowing down the break (so they could sub) and foul between the 30's last year.
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

100% true - See Denver Pios 2023. And they smartly took advantage of another terrible rule (running clock on a penalty in the last minute) to knock out Stanford last weekend. Still some more changes needed.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Quarters picks

Florida at Maryland, Gators
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse
Michigan at BC, - UM
Penn at NW, - NU
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Florida at Maryland- Gators take it.
Yale at Syracuse, - Cuse take it by 5.
Michigan at BC, - Michigan takes down BC.
Penn at NW, - NW wins easily.

Joe
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm Florida at Maryland- Gators take it.

Joe
Joe and NULax, just curious: why do you guys think BC is vulnerable against Michigan? I am thinking that Michigan just doesn't have enough offense to get over the BC hump. Curious about your thinking.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Michigan put the cherry on top of their record-setting season Sunday in Notre Dame. They will look gassed and outclassed by Boston College by the end of the day. BC by 5-ish.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Joe
Joe and NULax, just curious: why do you guys think BC is vulnerable against Michigan? I am thinking that Michigan just doesn't have enough offense to get over the BC hump. Curious about your thinking.
Because I think Michigan showed they can win an offensive shootout against ND on Sunday. If they can make a few timely stops, they can score on BC enough to take this game. I could be wrong, but just have a feeling.

Joe
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Joe
Every year needs a Cinderella. Last year was Denver with the #1 scoring D shocking UNC.
Who is the #1 scoring D this year? Michigan.
It's like playing NU but without the name recognition.

Also, I kind of feel bad for Acacia. It would suck for her to make the finals again just to lose. ;)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”