Nate Kabiri
40%
McCabe Millon
25%

Total votes: 20

Farfromgeneva

Re: Top Frosh 2024?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm The best freshmen aren’t even listed. How you can make that list without Wambach and Jamison? Wambach is arguably a top 5 fogo in the country. Jamison was leading the ACC in save percentage, during the regular season. None of the guys on the list can say that. I didn’t even mention D-poles that had better seasons, than guy on the list like Lyght and Kilrain
Did you watch much of Kabriri this year? How about the ACC finals where ND dropped what like 16-17 on Duke? I like their goalie but he is still improving at the college level. The d poles had better seasons than kabriri is strong

If you’re going to throw Ben Johnston in there - and look at Charles Balsamo FR to Soph mid, Johnston could get replaced next year too, I’d submit Colin Kurdyla will be a 2x at least 2nd team AA
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 am Kabiri is going to be a serious problem for everyone over the next 3 years. He's so smart and so slick.

For as great as I think Millon is going to be...and if Duffy remains at UNC, you know, what will he really do...Kabiri this year was pretty sublime.

And yikes...Mackesy is back with Burns and Kabiri. Good luck everyone.
And Wade and Cameron and Palumbo and the close D etc.
Maybe Quinn Krammer too?
See Martin, Malcolm
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:48 pm
coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm The best freshmen aren’t even listed. How you can make that list without Wambach and Jamison? Wambach is arguably a top 5 fogo in the country. Jamison was leading the ACC in save percentage, during the regular season. None of the guys on the list can say that. I didn’t even mention D-poles that had better seasons, than guy on the list like Lyght and Kilrain
Did you watch much of Kabriri this year? How about the ACC finals where ND dropped what like 16-17 on Duke? I like their goalie but he is still improving at the college level. The d poles had better seasons than kabriri is strong

If you’re going to throw Ben Johnston in there - and look at Charles Balsamo FR to Soph mid, Johnston could get replaced next year too, I’d submit Colin Kurdyla will be a 2x at least 2nd team AA
I did watch Kabrini. I have nothing against him. Prior to the ACC tournament Jamison led the ACC in save percentage. Entrnmann passed him in tournament. He ended with .542 save percentage in ACC play. That is an insane year from a freshmen goalie. I don’t care about a singular game. That is like saying Entenmann doesn’t deserve any accolades, because he gave up 17 to Cornell. Wambach finished 4th in the country in faceoff percentage. Personally, I think that makes him the Freshman of the Year. No other freshmen can make a claim like that. There are 3 Freshmen that finished top 20 nationally. Jamieson in save percentage, Wambach in faceoff percentage, and Duffy in pts per game. I didn’t have Johnston on the list. If I am adding a Middie, it’s probably Faison. Dobson got AA accolades, but Faison gets the long pole. My comments are based on this season, not speculation about their futures.
Last edited by coda on Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 am Kabiri is going to be a serious problem for everyone over the next 3 years. He's so smart and so slick.

For as great as I think Millon is going to be...and if Duffy remains at UNC, you know, what will he really do...Kabiri this year was pretty sublime.

Where is Duffy going
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

blue angels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:56 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:24 am Of the big 3, who is your top frosh based on a) 2024 season play and b) general upside and trajectory?
Not Millon.
Fine to prefer others, but Let me guess………you hate the Millons…….
I was being facetious. Look at the yaHooz’s screen name… Millon is a good player. I like his athleticism. I like him a lot.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 pm

Maybe Quinn Krammer too?
Yes. And his brother.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:59 pm

Where is Duffy going
Depends on who the next UNC coach is..
See Martin, Malcolm
Red4Life

Post by Red4Life »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:19 pm

I know. They're loaded for bear for the next couple of years. McMeekin is going to get better. He's only a sophomore this year. Replacing Gianfrocaro won't be easy. They're going to have some losses in their defensive midfield, but they've recruited so well all over. Madalon also does a great job of getting his reserves action in meaningful games. He plays a lot of guys all year long.

Duke, ND, UVA, and some other teams loaded up on experience for this year, and the portal probably isn't deep enough to really replace what they''ll lose. So they'll have some adjustments to make. And then Princeton comes back on the rise. Definitely a Top 5 team all season long next year.
uva lost a lot more last year than they will for next year.
Something tells me that losing Schellenberger and Cormier will hurt. Just a guess.
:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:12 pm

I did watch Kabrini. I have nothing against him. Prior to the ACC tournament Jamison led the ACC in save percentage. Entrnmann passed him in tournament. He ended with .542 save percentage in ACC play. That is an insane year from a freshmen goalie. I don’t care about a singular game. That is like saying Entenmann doesn’t deserve any accolades, because he gave up 17 to Cornell. Wambach finished 4th in the country in faceoff percentage. Personally, I think that makes him the Freshman of the Year. No other freshmen can make a claim like that. There are 3 Freshmen that finished top 20 nationally. Jamieson in save percentage, Wambach in faceoff percentage, and Duffy in pts per game. I didn’t have Johnston on the list. If I am adding a Middie, it’s probably Faison. Dobson got AA accolades, but Faison gets the long pole. My comments are based on this season, not speculation about their futures.
I don’t have an issue with your guys but it was the language of “the best FR aren’t even listed” which sure is some type of relative value indictment of those in the list. Heck I threw a yo with my son and took dukes d for our fantasy team as he always does the boy crushed them all. (Sorry tld-I told him to pick you up and dust you off after). So was quite happy with Jamison. I’m just saying there’s other FR goalies who do fine but the delta between what Kabriri did and the median FR Attack is right there. Small pool for goalies and fogos so you have to somehow do more than just their relative stats. Also watching the actual championship game he still can give up some softer ones which he will improve upon I’m sure. That was my point. Otherwise we can start tossing stats of MAAC and SoCon kid around
See Martin, Malcolm
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm

I don’t have an issue with your guys but it was the language of “the best FR aren’t even listed” which sure is some type of relative value indictment of those in the list. Heck I threw a yo with my son and took dukes d for our fantasy team as he always does the boy crushed them all. (Sorry tld-I told him to pick you up and dust you off after). So was quite happy with Jamison. I’m just saying there’s other FR goalies who do fine but the delta between what Kabriri did and the median FR Attack is right there. Small pool for goalies and fogos so you have to somehow do more than just their relative stats. Also watching the actual championship game he still can give up some softer ones which he will improve upon I’m sure. That was my point. Otherwise we can start tossing stats of MAAC and SoCon kid around
Wambach’s relative stats were top 5 in the country with an ACC schedule and arguably the best fogo in the ACC. That’s pretty good. My biggest issue with the poll is it was the typical lazy list of attackmen. 2/3 of the 3 didn’t even see the #1 pole in most games. You have freshmen Poles that have been asked to take the opponents #1. The freshmen attackmen haven’t been given that kind of faith from their coaches (except Duffy). Lot more to the game than just scoring goals
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:59 pm

Where is Duffy going
Constant rumors swirling to the point where his father apparently had to say he wasn't going into the portal...which did nothing to stop the swirling rumors.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm

Wambach’s relative stats were top 5 in the country with an ACC schedule and arguably the best fogo in the ACC. That’s pretty good. My biggest issue with the poll is it was the typical lazy list of attackmen. 2/3 of the 3 didn’t even see the #1 pole in most games. You have freshmen Poles that have been asked to take the opponents #1. The freshmen attackmen haven’t been given that kind of faith from their coaches (except Duffy). Lot more to the game than just scoring goals
Wait I thought scoring goals was all that lacrosse was about. Well
Damn, now I know better.

I would prefer a few more names also that aren’t attack. But Kabriri is the real deal. Moreso than Spallina.l by way of comparing last years (one of) top FR. He’s earned it now to be on a top FR list and to suggest otherwise is all I was paying back on regardless of who you throw at me.

* and you didn’t actually address my point hat it’s a smaller pool. 70 odd fogos vs 225 attack = smaller pool to stand out in. Like how Hobert’s current FB and Las coaches parade around Geneva not realizing it’s at best a 13,000 person community for Rochester not some great empire attained through achievement and struggles.
See Martin, Malcolm
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:27 pm
coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 pm

Wait I thought scoring goals was all that lacrosse was about. Well
Damn, now I know better.

I would prefer a few more names also that aren’t attack. But Kabriri is the real deal. Moreso than Spallina.l by way of comparing last years (one of) top FR. He’s earned it now to be on a top FR list and to suggest otherwise is all I was paying back on regardless of who you throw at me.

* and you didn’t actually address my point hat it’s a smaller pool. 70 odd fogos vs 225 attack = smaller pool to stand out in. Like how Hobert’s current FB and Las coaches parade around Geneva not realizing it’s at best a 13,000 person community for Rochester not some great empire attained through achievement and struggles.
It’s a smaller pool, but a much more physically taxing position to play as freshman. Again he was top 5 in the nation and best % in the ACC. If we were drafting Freshmen to play in the tournament this year. I think the attackmen would go behind 3 poles and Wambach. (Goalie probably not, since most Tourney teams have goalie set). The attackmen may end up being the biggest stars in 3 years, but I don’t think they are lead guys at this point in their career. The guys I mentioned (outside of Faison) are already there.
JustR3Lax

Post by JustR3Lax »

Truly a tremendous freshman class across the board, top down. Offensively, no question, in short time these guys will be the new faces of the college game.

Really impressed with a handful of these freshman poles. Crucial roles early for some top teams. ND, UNC, Hop, Gtown, etc. Massive step up from the high school level, and so many of these guys really answered the bell. Learning new defensive schemes, covering some of the best players in college lacrosse history, all within their first year on a college campus. Defensively, this class has been a joy to watch.
Hoxwurth

Post by Hoxwurth »

Hooz123 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:20 pm UVa has the #3, #9, #12, #15, #24, #34, and #39,+ handful of 4/3 star recruits coming next year, and then #1, #5, #15, #31, #36, #46, & #50 in '25. We're gonna be fine.
Have heard Lars is exceedingly excited for the players he has coming to Charlottesville.

As for the thread, Duffy did so much with so little on a moribund UNC offense this year. I have Millon at #2, but playing with Shelly is a double-edged sword, so folks will reasonably disagree. Kabiri racked up a ton of points in a conference that didn't excel in defense this year. Not sold on him yet.
coda

Post by coda »

JustR3Lax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:09 am Truly a tremendous freshman class across the board, top down. Offensively, no question, in short time these guys will be the new faces of the college game.

Really impressed with a handful of these freshman poles. Crucial roles early for some top teams. ND, UNC, Hop, Gtown, etc. Massive step up from the high school level, and so many of these guys really answered the bell. Learning new defensive schemes, covering some of the best players in college lacrosse history, all within their first year on a college campus. Defensively, this class has been a joy to watch.
This looks like it could be one of the best defensive classes lacrosse has seen in a long time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 am
JustR3Lax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:09 am Truly a tremendous freshman class across the board, top down. Offensively, no question, in short time these guys will be the new faces of the college game.

This looks like it could be one of the best defensive classes lacrosse has seen in a long time.
The class that graduated in 22 was pretty good.
See Martin, Malcolm
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:48 pm
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 am

The class that graduated in 22 was pretty good.
Who knows how it works out, but there are already 3-4 Poles you can reasonably slot to be AA. There will be others that emerge. Pole tends to have a longer development time. Hell of start
wahoomurf

Top Frosh 2024?

Post by wahoomurf »

I'd include Anderson Moore. I'm chuffed that a kid from Alabama is starting at Georgetown. Curious. Is the mascot the teams from Briarwood Christian the/a HOYA?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”