Notre Dame
79%
Albany
21%

Total votes: 29

jrn19

Re: #1 Notre Dame vs Albany Sunday @ 5

Post by jrn19 »

ND will play much better than this as the tournament goes on; but the way they played last weekend was them at full capacity. Couldn't play any better. It's really unlikely they play *that* well throughout the whole tournament, heck it'll be hard to play that well even once. They've played quite a few close games this year. They've even lost. Not unbeatable
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:41 pm ND will play much better than this as the tournament goes on; but the way they played last weekend was them at full capacity. Couldn't play any better. It's really unlikely they play *that* well throughout the whole tournament, heck it'll be hard to play that well even once. They've played quite a few close games this year. They've even lost. Not unbeatable
Not unbeatable at all. This is the tournament, it’s any given day. They show up like this again next week, assuming they pull this off, and they’re done
azim21

Post by azim21 »

BigTurn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:45 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:41 pm ND will play much better than this as the tournament goes on; but the way they played last weekend was them at full capacity. Couldn't play any better. It's really unlikely they play *that* well throughout the whole tournament, heck it'll be hard to play that well even once. They've played quite a few close games this year. They've even lost. Not unbeatable
Not unbeatable at all. This is the tournament, it’s any given day. They show up like this again next week, assuming they pull this off, and they’re done
I’m more worried about Georgetown than any other team they’d see from here on out. But having a chance to beat the only team that’s bestest you this season? They’ll show up.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

azim21 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:45 pm
I’m more worried about Georgetown than any other team they’d see from here on out. But having a chance to beat the only team that’s bestest you this season? They’ll show up.
I don’t disagree. May be good to remind them they can be beat.
coda

Post by coda »

I wonder if this game hurts Entrnmann and his Twaaraton chances..40% on the day
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 pm I wonder if this game hurts Entrnmann and his Twaaraton chances..40% on the day
Yea he has not looked good. Even Pat has looked fairly pedestrian with 5 points.
Finster

Post by Finster »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 pm I wonder if this game hurts Entrnmann and his Twaaraton chances..40% on the day

Probably a little.

Pat Kavanaugh might be having one of his better days in a while, but I’d add that he’s had a few completely open looks due to Albany defenders getting hung up.
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:17 pm

Probably a little.

Pat Kavanaugh might be having one of his better days in a while, but I’d add that he’s had a few completely open looks due to Albany defenders getting hung up.
Just a strange year, where it feels like a big tournament is necessary
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Sloppy and poor decision making all over the field but managed to escape. Team had finals this week with limited practice time, hope we can chalk it up to that. Survive and advance.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Horrific first half, worst in memory. Can't repeat the same as tourney is now down to quality teams.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Feels like Dobson being down and I believe hurt still is a weakness. Especially when 17 plays like he did in this one.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:26 am Feels like Dobson being down and I believe hurt still is a weakness. Especially when 17 plays like he did in this one.
Haven’t heard anything about Dobson being injured. Seems like he’s just having a down shooting year.
random observer

Post by random observer »

He's been great this year as usual, but he's living off his rep in awards season. Emmett Carroll was indisputably head and shoulders better than him this year. Fracyon too IMO. Entenmann is a first team AA talent and the first guy I'd look at to fill the position if I were to start a team, but when you look at the landscape this year, he was HM AA level relative to the competition.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

random observer wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:31 am
He's been great this year as usual, but he's living off his rep in awards season. Emmett Carroll was indisputably head and shoulders better than him this year. Fracyon too IMO. Entenmann is a first team AA talent and the first guy I'd look at to fill the position if I were to start a team, but when you look at the landscape this year, he was HM AA level relative to the competition.
Obviously, we each have our opinions, and impossible to be 'indisputable' when comparing goalies on different teams with largely uncommon schedules. "HMM AA Level" - seems like that's reserved for goalies pulled after a quarter last weekend, and who should have been last night. Of the others, admire Fracyon in particular, but I (and i suspect vast majority of college coaches) wouldn't trade Entemann for any goalie in college lacrosse,

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”