Nate Kabiri
40%
McCabe Millon
25%

Total votes: 20

Hooz123

Top Frosh 2024?

Post by Hooz123 »

Of the big 3, who is your top frosh based on a) 2024 season play and b) general upside and trajectory?
Wheels

Re: Top Frosh 2024?

Post by Wheels »

Kabiri is going to be a serious problem for everyone over the next 3 years. He's so smart and so slick.

For as great as I think Millon is going to be...and if Duffy remains at UNC, you know, what will he really do...Kabiri this year was pretty sublime.

And yikes...Mackesy is back with Burns and Kabiri. Good luck everyone.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its not just those three.
There are 3, 4 other I’d add to that list.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Kabiri or Duffy was the best this year

Long term, Duffy has the highest ceiling. He could win a Tewaaraton. Kabiri’s shooting gives him the higher floor and obviously he’s at the type of program that is going to give him much more of a chance to make deep tournament runs.

Think both are a smidge above Millon, but he’s also great and obviously we’ll see him in a more prominent spot next year
coda

Post by coda »

The best freshmen aren’t even listed. How you can make that list without Wambach and Jamison? Wambach is arguably a top 5 fogo in the country. Jamison was leading the ACC in save percentage, during the regular season. None of the guys on the list can say that. I didn’t even mention D-poles that had better seasons, than guy on the list like Lyght and Kilrain
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm The best freshmen aren’t even listed. How you can make that list without Wambach and Jamison? Wambach is arguably a top 5 fogo in the country. Jamison was leading the ACC in save percentage, during the regular season. None of the guys on the list can say that. I didn’t even mention D-poles that had better seasons, than guy on the list like Lyght and Kilrain
and banks and johnston. johnston maybe not for this past year vs other guys, but he could be a load the next 3 years as guys clear out.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

That may be a vote for the top freshman attackman but you need either a separate poll for other positions or a longer list
wrapcheque

Post by wrapcheque »

I'd add Cornellians Ryan Goldstein and Willem Firth as well.
Their roles will change as time goes forward.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hooz123 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:24 am Of the big 3, who is your top frosh based on a) 2024 season play and b) general upside and trajectory?
Not Millon.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 am Kabiri is going to be a serious problem for everyone over the next 3 years. He's so smart and so slick.

For as great as I think Millon is going to be...and if Duffy remains at UNC, you know, what will he really do...Kabiri this year was pretty sublime.

And Wade and Cameron and Palumbo and the close D etc.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:58 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 am Kabiri is going to be a serious problem for everyone over the next 3 years. He's so smart and so slick.

I know. They're loaded for bear for the next couple of years. McMeekin is going to get better. He's only a sophomore this year. Replacing Gianfrocaro won't be easy. They're going to have some losses in their defensive midfield, but they've recruited so well all over. Madalon also does a great job of getting his reserves action in meaningful games. He plays a lot of guys all year long.

Duke, ND, UVA, and some other teams loaded up on experience for this year, and the portal probably isn't deep enough to really replace what they''ll lose. So they'll have some adjustments to make. And then Princeton comes back on the rise. Definitely a Top 5 team all season long next year.
Typical Lax Dad

Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:19 pm

I know. They're loaded for bear for the next couple of years. McMeekin is going to get better. He's only a sophomore this year. Replacing Gianfrocaro won't be easy. They're going to have some losses in their defensive midfield, but they've recruited so well all over. Madalon also does a great job of getting his reserves action in meaningful games. He plays a lot of guys all year long.

Duke, ND, UVA, and some other teams loaded up on experience for this year, and the portal probably isn't deep enough to really replace what they''ll lose. So they'll have some adjustments to make. And then Princeton comes back on the rise. Definitely a Top 5 team all season long next year.
Actually the two SSDM starters were out all season. Two freshmen earned their stripes this season with more on the way. Will miss White and Fairback but the two freshmen have high upside. More athletes on the way also. Team exceeded expectations this season.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Quintan Kilrain, Collin Michener

two more to add to the list.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

uva lost a lot more last year than they will for next year.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 pm

Something tells me that losing Schellenberger and Cormier will hurt. Just a guess.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Something tells me that losing Schellenberger and Cormier will hurt. Just a guess.
don't dispute. maybe they reload, like they did this year. maybe they rebuild.
coda

Post by coda »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:13 pm

So hard to replace Shelly. Great player and such a high IQ. Going to need multiple people to step up to replace him. I will guess you see more of the ride next year, with Cormier moving in
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

coda wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:13 pm

So hard to replace Shelly. Great player and such a high IQ. Going to need multiple people to step up to replace him. I will guess you see more of the ride next year, with Cormier moving in
UVa has the #3, #9, #12, #15, #24, #34, and #39,+ handful of 4/3 star recruits coming next year, and then #1, #5, #15, #31, #36, #46, & #50 in '25. We're gonna be fine.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:56 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:24 am Of the big 3, who is your top frosh based on a) 2024 season play and b) general upside and trajectory?
Not Millon.
Fine to prefer others, but Let me guess………you hate the Millons…….
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:56 pm
Not Millon.
Fine to prefer others, but Let me guess………you hate the Millons…….

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”