StephenBaldwin

Re: #5 Denver vs Michigan Saturday @ 5

Post by StephenBaldwin »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 pm
norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:17 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:15 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:10 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:04 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:00 pm Tierney would’ve murdered a kid for throwing a ball over the top with a second left on the shot clock and gifting Michigan transition on a silver platter like that. Unspeakably dumb
It was aggressive. Not the most prudent pass, but no way prudence wins the national championship this year.

Tierney’s era is over. This game proves it.

DocBarrister
It was dumb. Gifting other teams fast break goals has never won a national championship. Spotting teams 8 goals in the 1st half doesn’t win tournament games either.
Running into triple teams and dodging against Pederson are supposedly dumb things to do, but that’s how Denver won this game.

I was surprised by how aggressively Denver played. Absolutely loved it.

Hope the Blue Jays were watching.

DocBarrister
Different personnel
Yeah … I think ours are slightly better.

There is no f*cking excuse for Hopkins to be playing Tulip Ball.

DocBarrister
Remember when Denver beat Hopkins this year
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:29 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:00 pm Tierney would’ve murdered a kid for throwing a ball over the top with a second left on the shot clock and gifting Michigan transition on a silver platter like that. Unspeakably dumb
It was aggressive. Not the most prudent pass, but no way prudence wins the national championship this year.

DocBarrister
It was dumb. Gifting other teams fast break goals has never won a national championship. Spotting teams 8 goals in the 1st half doesn’t win tournament games either.
Running into triple teams and dodging against Pederson are supposedly dumb things to do, but that’s how Denver won this game.

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
That was on the coaches. Even I could have coached better in those last few seconds.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
First game of the season on a flukey shot with 1.3 seconds left ahead by 1. Hopkins lost that game instead of Denver winning.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
First game of the season on a flukey shot with 1.3 seconds left ahead by 1. Hopkins lost that game instead of Denver winning.
Oh ok. Good to know Hopkins is better. I was unsure after watching them dog a team that just smoked the jays.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Transition offense is key... as I just watch MD put the first goal in off quick transition.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:34 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
Oh ok. Good to know Hopkins is better. I was unsure after watching them dog a team that just smoked the jays.
You also think Denver is the 3rd best big east team after they beat georgetown and is the highest big east seed - great takes as usual bud. I guess Hopkins is better than Duke since they smoked UNC right?
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
You also think Denver is the 3rd best big east team after they beat georgetown and is the highest big east seed - great takes as usual bud. I guess Hopkins is better than Duke since they smoked UNC right?
No hopkins is dust
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:37 pm
norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Different personnel

DocBarrister
No hopkins is dust
Just like your math
Puck Swami

Post by Puck Swami »

Well, Denver came out harder and executed their game plan of staying on Michigans hands, and getting the better of the off-ball movement. As a result, they were the better team for 70% of the game today and got the win. Denver's focus on team defense and ground balls was a bit better than Michigan, and that was the differnce.

I think this might be Denver's most important win since 2018.

This was a man's game today.
https://twitter.com/upstreamlax/status/ ... 2960443518
molo

Post by molo »

Bud stealer goes out hard.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Wild, the 7th best big ten lax school beat the 2nd best ivy school. Did I do that Stephen math right?
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 pm Wild, the 7th best big ten lax school beat the 2nd best ivy school. Did I do that Stephen math right?
No you’re still an idiot keep trying
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:50 pm
norcalhop wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 pm Wild, the 7th best big ten lax school beat the 2nd best ivy school. Did I do that Stephen math right?
https://youtu.be/RFKdg-WQnbE?si=v1RNTt4qZJHx1jF2
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm
StephenBaldwin wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:50 pm
https://youtu.be/RFKdg-WQnbE?si=v1RNTt4qZJHx1jF2
:D
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Highlight reel play of the game was a wild dodge by Richie Connell … first against Beau Pederson and then through several other Michigan defenders. He got a step on Pederson but it was a power dodge the rest of the way.

Connell is about 6 ft 5 in, 220 lbs … comparable to another player we know ….

https://twitter.com/Inside_Lacrosse/sta ... icle%2Fadd

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

DA/PU wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 pm Wonder how Breschi feels watching that after scapegoating the most accomplished OC of all time to save his own hide. Great game pios.

Really interesting take on Breschi, hadn't thought of it during game, thanks..Denver looked great, and speaking for myself, need to watch them more frequently during regular season - they don't get as much exposure as others. Dodges that have purpose, and hustle all over field... fun team to watch.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

NYlax222 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:37 am
DA/PU wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 pm Wonder how Breschi feels watching that after scapegoating the most accomplished OC of all time to save his own hide. Great game pios.

Really interesting take on Breschi, hadn't thought of it during game, thanks..Denver looked great, and speaking for myself, need to watch them more frequently during regular season - they don't get as much exposure as others. Dodges that have purpose, and hustle all over field... fun team to watch.
Good point. The Big East crappy TV deals definitely contribute to posters often underestimating those teams. Maybe Villanova beat Denver and almost beat Gtown because they are a good team and not because those other teams are weak?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:29 am
NYlax222 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:37 am

Good point. The Big East crappy TV deals definitely contribute to posters often underestimating those teams. Maybe Villanova beat Denver and almost beat Gtown because they are a good team and not because those other teams are weak?
pay for a ton of streaming, cable, yada, especially during the lax season. refuse to allow flo sports to try to rip me off for a bad product. denver used to have some games streamed out of their athletics site, maybe they still do. but the league has tamped down getting any real effort from moi.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”