CNU 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: CNU 2024

Post by choochooCharlie »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am Not much chatter since CAC tourney ended. What are your thoughts and takes heading into NCAA's?

I think overall CNU should feel fortunate about how the bracket landed for them. Not having to face on their side of the bracket probably feels like a relief. I'm sure the team is eager to prove that, even if SU has their number, they're still a top contender.

Thrilled that we get to see a Cabrini matchup--CNU should win this game handily, but a team literally playing its last games ever could make for a real fun contest.

Stevens to upset CNU seems to be a trendy pick around the forum.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

CNU community! I know you didn't have a choice in the matter, in terms of playing Cabrini, but I'm still thankful for the contest. Best of luck tomorrow and in the seasons to follow. Great things to come for your Captains. MT is a gem.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

MVPiccoli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm CNU community! I know you didn't have a choice in the matter, in terms of playing Cabrini, but I'm still thankful for the contest. Best of luck tomorrow and in the seasons to follow. Great things to come for your Captains. MT is a gem.
Respect.
Your boys got a raw deal, but there is so much more to learn from sports than Ws and Ls and Xs and Os.
I think they’ve shown that they’ve learned quite a bit, and will come out of this situation better for it (In way more important aspects of life than lacrosse).
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm CNU community! I know you didn't have a choice in the matter, in terms of playing Cabrini, but I'm still thankful for the contest. Best of luck tomorrow and in the seasons to follow. Great things to come for your Captains. MT is a gem.
Respect.
Your boys got a raw deal, but there is so much more to learn from sports than Ws and Ls and Xs and Os.
I think they’ve shown that they’ve learned quite a bit, and will come out of this situation better for it (In way more important aspects of life than lacrosse).
CNU doesn’t deserve to win this game. Disappointed in the lack of discipline from the coaches and captains of this team. Players violate the rules including some of the captains themselves and it is pushed under the rug. No accountability. And that is exactly how they play. The coaches can’t or don’t adjust during the game and wait until halftime to make any changes. If CNU makes it out of this weekend, RIT will win comfortably next Saturday.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Is the second game in the CNU pod really at 7:00? That’s a tough turnaround for the winner of that game
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 pm Is the second game in the CNU pod really at 7:00? That’s a tough turnaround for the winner of that game
Yes. And the 3rd round game is at 7pm tomorrow night.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:52 pm
Respect.
CNU doesn’t deserve to win this game. Disappointed in the lack of discipline from the coaches and captains of this team. Players violate the rules including some of the captains themselves and it is pushed under the rug. No accountability. And that is exactly how they play. The coaches can’t or don’t adjust during the game and wait until halftime to make any changes. If CNU makes it out of this weekend, RIT will win comfortably next Saturday.
How would you know how the situation was handled internally? I remember a bunch of players being suspended for a game a few weeks back. Not sure what the issue was off the field, but to say they deserve to lose because some college kids made a mistake and violated a team rule is pretty ridiculous and an unfair thing to say.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

BigMoose9 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:45 pm
Respect.
How would you know how the situation was handled internally? I remember a bunch of players being suspended for a game a few weeks back. Not sure what the issue was off the field, but to say they deserve to lose because some college kids made a mistake and violated a team rule is pretty ridiculous and an unfair thing to say.
It sent exactly the wrong message to the team imo. And they have been playing undisciplined ball ever since.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 pm
Respect.
It sent exactly the wrong message to the team imo. And they have been playing undisciplined ball ever since.
Please stop spreading false rumors lol
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:40 pm
Nothing false about them.
Respect.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm
Respect.
Nothing false about them
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

Respect.
What are we talking about?
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:25 pm
Respect.
What are we talking about?
Sounds like a CNU player who isnt dressed for the tournament :lol:
aroundtheoutside

Yeah, anyway...

Cabrini is fighting hard, has some great players. But they just can't clear.

Also, Brendes getting left out of US Lacrosse All-American list is hilarious.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:46 pm Yeah, anyway...

Cabrini is fighting hard, has some great players. But they just can't clear.

Also, Brendes getting left out of US Lacrosse All-American list is hilarious.
That and Cook not being on first team is beyond laughable. The US lacrosse list is always a joke so I’m not surprised.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 pm
Respect.
Nothing false about them
As someone who knows the whole story, there is a lot of things false about the stuff you have posted. Stop being a troll and post about lacrosse.
aroundtheoutside

Time to pull the starters and rest up for tomorrow's game. Hoping to see the Maroons take tonight's game, personally.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm
Respect.
Nothing false about them
As someone who knows the whole story, there is a lot of things false about the stuff you have posted. Stop being a troll and post about lacrosse.
It is about lacrosse. It’s probably one of your kids involved which is why you don’t want to talk about it. Not a troll. Just an opinion. Sorry you don’t like the truth.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm
Respect.
Nothing false about them
It is about lacrosse. It’s probably one of your kids involved which is why you don’t want to talk about it. Not a troll. Just an opinion. Sorry you don’t like the truth.
I don’t have a kid on the team lol. Good friends with a lot of people in the program and have my sources to know you’re trolling.

No truth in what you’re saying.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I’m genuinely interested. I know some current CNU people by proximity at our beach community. Now I’m looking forward to hearing the unabridged version in a month or so.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”