NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
CentennialPundit

Re: NESCAC

Post by CentennialPundit »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:41 am
SixBySix wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:39 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:30 am FWIW laxreference has Denison winning 74 times out of 100 sims vs Babson.
I think LaxReference has improved a lot this year, but their Elo model has failed to adequately account for the geographic imbalance in D3 lacrosse for years. They consistently have Midwestern teams wildly overrated and the correction factors when they get smoked by mediocre OOC opponents is way too low. Massey has the Beavers as 72% favorites and Laxpower has them as 3.5 goal favorites, which I think is a much more accurate assessment.
Fair. Does Massey have a result prediction for Endicott Swarthmore?
Realistically I think both games could be close- but expect babson and Swarthmore to both win somewhat handily.
twohandsonestick

Post by twohandsonestick »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:26 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:24 am
SouthieLax wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 pm False (as usual). If only every Region I team could have just played Christopher Newport (#2 in Region 3) this year, it would have been win after win. Or Swarthmore (#3 in Region 3), or Gettysburg (#5 Region 3).

Bottom line Region 1 team are 5-1 against Region 3. Babson or Endicott would have had little problem with a team like Christopher Newport. Just look at Williams.
Bout to get REAL, Babson will meet Denison and Endicott Swarthmore. Guess we will get to see how they actually stack up.
if babson losses to denison, that will be an embarrassment. i don’t see it happening. denison doesn’t have a good win all year
I wouldnt say losing to a perennial powerhouse such as Denison would be an embarrassment for a program new to winning a few games like Babson. That said, I agree Denison is in a down year this season so somewhat understand where you are coming from
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 am
Backlax wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 pm Been a coach and teacher for 30+ years. The best way to extinguish poor behavior is to ignore it.
What? You’re ignoring bad locker room behavior as a coach?
You’re ignoring the behavior of the bad kid in class as a teacher?
Youve been ignoring it for 30 years? How’s that working out?
His idea of bad behavior is dissenting opinions.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:26 am if babson losses to denison, that will be an embarrassment. i don’t see it happening. denison doesn’t have a good win all year
(Looking past the fact that neither of those teams plays in the NESCAC) Why? Denison is a very good program (and has been for a long time), and Babson is in year two as a top twenty team with zero history of postseason success AFAIK. Don't think a loss for either team is an embarrassment unless it's a complete blowout, both teams are good and someone has to lose.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Back pedaling beginning in 5….4…3..2, oh wait.
It already started.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:54 pm Back pedaling beginning in 5….4…3..2, oh wait.
It already started.
Babson won. You changing the narrative again beginning in 5…4…3….2….1.
choochooCharlie

SouthieLax wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:47 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:54 pm Back pedaling beginning in 5….4…3..2, oh wait.
It already started.
Babson won. You changing the narrative again beginning in 5…4…3….2….1.
Haha. Nah. It was a great game.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Good Luck to the NESCAC teams in the tournament. Lets bring the trophy back to NE where it belongs.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Down goes Wesleyan. A little crazy that Tufts got the biggest cream puff of 2nd round and Wes got SJF (not that I'm complaining).
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm Down goes Wesleyan. A little crazy that Tufts got the biggest cream puff of 2nd round and Wes got SJF (not that I'm complaining).
Wow did not see that coming. Although Tufts did get a better draw, Wesleyan played a SJF whose best win of the season was against Geneseo. Shocked they lost.
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

SJF healthy and hungry at the right time! Nescac over rated!
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Fisher always tries to challenge themselves out of conference (including their opponent in the next round SLU).

Crazy the zone was as "effective" as it was against Wesleyan. Even with the face off disadvantage, great job finishing their opportunities.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

RocLaxFan wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:04 pm SJF healthy and hungry at the right time! Nescac over rated!
I don't think so. Three teams advancing to play tomorrow.
choochooCharlie

Excited to hear the analysis.
Definitely not a #downyear… definitely not. :roll:
RetroChode

Post by RetroChode »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm Down goes Wesleyan. A little crazy that Tufts got the biggest cream puff of 2nd round and Wes got SJF (not that I'm complaining).
Credit to SJF. Now thats out of the way, here’s some deep state forces that were working against Wes: 1) had to play second game at home. Rude from NCAA. 2) the hamas camp tried to sabotage the medicine game with their unholy prayers. 3) clearing skills were lacking because of having to get their fingers sized with lab grown diamonds. 4) SJF copied their mascot so the hockey fans were confused on how to cheer. 5) bad calls on clean hits all year brainwashed the defense. (Casey Dannolfo wants NESCAC lax to look like the NBA and pays refs to make it happen. Its not 6s Casey,this is a big boy game!)

Not making excuses, just something to think about.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Didn’t watch any of the game, but St. John Fisher is not very good this year - that is a huge upset. So much for what would have been a very interesting St. Lawrence-Wesleyan matchup with two completely different styles. Will have to wait until the QFs against Tufts.

Related…does this impact hosting for next weekend, or was Wesleyan like just hosting for the first weekend anyway?
Lacrossefan25

Post by Lacrossefan25 »

I thought the NESCAC was the best conference??? It’s sad to see their best lose
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Lacrossefan25 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:25 pm I thought the NESCAC was the best conference??? It’s sad to see their best lose
[/quote

Upsets happen what is your point?
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Winning the NESCAC does not necessarily mean you're the best. Yes that day - no doubt. Solid representation moving to the next round. I have Bowdoin and Tufts reaching the semi's.
JunkyardBobcat

Post by JunkyardBobcat »

RetroChode wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 pm
Credit to SJF. Now thats out of the way, here’s some deep state forces that were working against Wes: 1) had to play second game at home. Rude from NCAA. 2) the hamas camp tried to sabotage the medicine game with their unholy prayers. 3) clearing skills were lacking because of having to get their fingers sized with lab grown diamonds. 4) SJF copied their mascot so the hockey fans were confused on how to cheer. 5) bad calls on clean hits all year brainwashed the defense. (Casey Dannolfo wants NESCAC lax to look like the NBA and pays refs to make it happen. Its not 6s Casey,this is a big boy game!)

Not making excuses, just something to think about.

This is my kind of analysis, keep it up Retro Chode.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”