We Need New Announcers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
New Announcers

We Need New Announcers

Post by New Announcers »

If I was a novice to lacrosse and tuned in to watch any games commentated by Carcaterra or Kessenich, I would stop watching. I have turned the volume off because both announcers live in their past and say the exact same things game to game. Every game Carcaterra announces has at least “one of the greatest players ever with ice in their veins.” Someone also needs to remind Carcaterra he is in his 50’s…he tries to act like a lax bro.

If lacrosse has a future to truly have high TV viewership, we need to find some professionals. It’s just awful.
gymman1031

Re: We Need New Announcers

Post by gymman1031 »

Who are the announcers for Duke-Utah?
New Announcers

Post by New Announcers »

Kevin Fitzgerald and Mark Dixon. Fitzgerald not bad, Dixon trying to stay neck to neck with Carcaterra and Kessenich with childish commentary.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

gymman1031 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:58 pm Who are the announcers for Duke-Utah?
Mark dixon Kevin Fitzgerald
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

gymman1031 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:58 pm Who are the announcers for Duke-Utah?
Mark dixon Kevin Fitzgerald
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

"Quaint" K is a embarrassment. It's an utter shame he got a degree from Hopkins. I'm sure most in Hopkins lax want nothing to do with him and vice versa.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

The angry elf carries such a petty chip on his shoulder; just so small time for ESPN. Today's Maryland dig referenced "scenic College Park". That's stupid for an internet message board poster; just weirdly angry for a 55 year old ESPN announcer. Definitely time for a new era.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

New Announcers wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:06 pm Kevin Fitzgerald and Mark Dixon. Fitzgerald not bad, Dixon trying to stay neck to neck with Carcaterra and Kessenich with childish commentary.
Dixon's tailgate commentary is first team all american. If we can't have cheerleaders or bands at all the games we should at least get to know the eats in the grandstands and parking lots.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

New Announcers wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:51 pm If I was a novice to lacrosse and tuned in to watch any games commentated by Carcaterra or Kessenich, I would stop watching. I have turned the volume off because both announcers live in their past and say the exact same things game to game. Every game Carcaterra announces has at least “one of the greatest players ever with ice in their veins.” Someone also needs to remind Carcaterra he is in his 50’s…he tries to act like a lax bro.

If lacrosse has a future to truly have high TV viewership, we need to find some professionals. It’s just awful.
I wonder if anyone at ESPN reviews these games. If they did, they would definitely hear the same thing over and over. I agree with the hyperbole - "one of the greatest players to play the game" - "he will be a top draft pick in the PLL."

For the average fan - maybe it's okay with them. But for true fans - it just gets super old.
DMac

Post by DMac »

They are who they are, fellows. Quint, Carc, and Anish, three long time and successful commentators, all of whom do more than just lacrosse. The three of them will have nothing to do with the growth of lacrosse just as they've had nothing to do with the steady growth the sport has enjoyed during their long time tenure.
DA/PU

Post by DA/PU »

I like Jules H a lot. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic without being goofy or hyperbolic. Boyle is also awesome (Sunday night). Anish and his Jurassic park stuff drove me nuts during uva game.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

DA/PU wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:16 pm I like Jules H a lot. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic without being goofy or hyperbolic. Boyle is also awesome (Sunday night). Anish and his Jurassic park stuff drove me nuts during uva game.
Boyle is fantastic. He could basically do any sport and be a star.

Heningburg needs a suit that fits.

As a Hop guy I'd love to see Harrison and jesse schwartzman on these.

Since Belichek is on the ESPN team, their lacrosse exec Burke Magnus should've looked into getting him into the coverage. His daughter is the coach at holy cross.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

New Announcers wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:06 pm Kevin Fitzgerald and Mark Dixon. Fitzgerald not bad, Dixon trying to stay neck to neck with Carcaterra and Kessenich with childish commentary.
Oof that’s harsh re Dixon, I think he’s waaayyy better than the three headed monster (carc-anish-qk). Really nice guy too.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

middleAgedBear wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:01 pm
Oof that’s harsh re Dixon, I think he’s waaayyy better than the three headed monster (carc-anish-qk). Really nice guy too.
Agreed. Especially in comparison to the three ACC worshipers

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”