Is anyone else sick and tired of the Kavanaghs?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Comeonman

Re: Is anyone else sick and tired of the Kavanaghs?

Post by Comeonman »

You’re selling yourself short, Hoo Boy. He fell to sixth.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

ramblings about almost every player being best in the country at something gets real fatiguing
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

No
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Hooz123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:14 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 am This entire thread should be removed. A bunch of old washed up keyboard warriors talking about if they like certain student athletes is absurd. Get a life.
Be quiet boomer. Go clutch your Kav pearls. It's hilarious the media just couldn't stfu about these brothers all year and dude fell to 5th. ESPN crew and Carc were just so visibly upset that the "Greatest Draft" and their heartthrob Kav blew up in their face. That was satisfying to watch.

If I have to hear one more time from ESPN that Kav "just plays like he's in the backyard" I'm going to lose it.
Hoozwhatever, I don't know the Kavs and don't know anything about them other than they are pretty good lacrosse players trying to win games. The love they get from the ESPN crew is no different than they gave Petey, Dox and many other recent UVA stars. The backyard comparison was like them telling me Petey is not a FOGO he's a lacrosse player five times a game, so spare me the drama. That crew has been discussed a lot here and we all get their lax bro game is nauseating. What is ridiculous is the title of this thread and people just taking keyboard shots at student athletes.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:14 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 am This entire thread should be removed. A bunch of old washed up keyboard warriors talking about if they like certain student athletes is absurd. Get a life.
Be quiet boomer. Go clutch your Kav pearls. It's hilarious the media just couldn't stfu about these brothers all year and dude fell to 5th. ESPN crew and Carc were just so visibly upset that the "Greatest Draft" and their heartthrob Kav blew up in their face. That was satisfying to watch.

If I have to hear one more time from ESPN that Kav "just plays like he's in the backyard" I'm going to lose it.
Watching you go from “hoos are gonna roll” to crying about the Kavs after they dog walked UVA has been laugh out loud funny. Please keep it up, your tears are delicious.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

He and his brother are fun to watch.

Don’t know about the negative comments on how they play, but PK is probably the one player on ND I would pick for a PLL team.

Frankly, I think PK may be the best all-around offensive lax player in Division I. I would pick him over O’Neill and Shellenberger.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Hello
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

Who wouldn't want the Kav bros on their team? They play the game with heart and lay it all out there. Nasty little buggers but dam they sure can play.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

KavanaghND24NCAAsmall.jpg
KavanaghND24NCAAsmall.jpg (214.98 KiB) Viewed 819 times
The parent, not the coach.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Jim Malone wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:39 pm KavanaghND24NCAAsmall.jpg
I mean they did combine for 11 points in the championship game so yeah I think it's a fair headline.

Not directing it at your specifically, but just this thread in general: Should I link the Mcafee interview for you all to hate on as well? These guys have been nothing but team first guys all year, not their fault the media uses their "star power" to help grow the game.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks Jim -- that's some good Lax coverage from Newsday. Looking at Tom Rock's archive, looks like he covered the QF's at Hofstra & the FF in Philly. Does he also cover any regular season Lax & does the Newsday lax coverage always have a LI tie in ? Cheers.
renault

Post by renault »

old salt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:51 pm
Thanks Jim -- that's some good Lax coverage from Newsday. Looking at Tom Rock's archive, looks like he covered the QF's at Hofstra & the FF in Philly. Does he also cover any regular season Lax & does the Newsday lax coverage always have a LI tie in ? Cheers.
Nice to see Tom Rock still writing, he interviewed me a couple times 20+ years ago!
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Rock was one of first Newsday reporters to fully cover boys and girls high school sports and did a great job of it for Newsday who gave him free reign. Newsday has excellent high school sports coverage for a modern-day rag. He still has his fingers in the HS pool while covering the college scene and LI athletes in schools they attend as well as at least two other beat reporters.
old salt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:51 pm Thanks Jim -- that's some good Lax coverage from Newsday. Looking at Tom Rock's archive, looks like he covered the QF's at Hofstra & the FF in Philly. Does he also cover any regular season Lax & does the Newsday lax coverage always have a LI tie in ? Cheers.
The parent, not the coach.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Kavanagh family incredibly nice; glad Pat won the Tewey.
Last edited by The Orfling on Thu May 30, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Not their fault about press/media French kisses.

Looking back, I thought the filth spewed at the female selection committee chair in 2022 was, ummmm, an interesting window into ND fandom. #Not all fans. Honestly don't recall whether ND spokespersons officially put out a "cut the $#it" message. Hope so.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Jim Malone wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:52 pm Rock was one of first Newsday reporters to fully cover boys and girls high school sports and did a great job of it for Newsday who gave him free reign. Newsday has excellent high school sports coverage for a modern-day rag. He still has his fingers in the HS pool while covering the college scene and LI athletes in schools they attend as well as at least two other beat reporters.
old salt wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:51 pm Thanks Jim -- that's some good Lax coverage from Newsday. Looking at Tom Rock's archive, looks like he covered the QF's at Hofstra & the FF in Philly. Does he also cover any regular season Lax & does the Newsday lax coverage always have a LI tie in ? Cheers.
Sounds like what we have with the Annapolis Capital-Gazette (now merged with the Baltimore Sun).
Good coverage of Navy sports + local athletes & HS sports.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How is this thread still bumping and in nearly 20yrs between LP and FL there’s never been a “is everyone else sick of Hopkins fans?” Thread?

Makes no sense. None.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:14 am How is this thread still bumping and in nearly 20yrs between LP and FL there’s never been a “is everyone else sick of Hopkins fans?” Thread?

Makes no sense. None.
Bingo. :D
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:14 am How is this thread still bumping and in nearly 20yrs between LP and FL there’s never been a “is everyone else sick of Hopkins fans?” Thread?

Makes no sense. None.
The Hopkins fans are at war with one another. Keeps everything self-contained on the team thread.

We could reignite the Duke one though?
2023 2024

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”