Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:15 am
a fan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:30 pm
old salt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 pm I do not recall the National Review advocating for a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan.
I believe they endorsed leaving the residual force that Biden's military & Intel chains of command recommended.

From the NR link cited above :
America’s presence in Afghanistan was a relatively low-cost and high-return investment not just in preventing future terrorist attacks originating from Central Asia but foreclosing on the need to introduce a larger American force on the ground as a response to some terrible contingency in the West. If nothing else, the Discord leaks demonstrate the value of that insurance policy and the Biden administration’s unwise decision to give it up.
You remember correctly. It's why I said that if you, BIbi, and the NR all use this line of thinking: Israel is planning to occupy Gaza, and there's no way they're gonna let Palestine self govern with no one else helping.

The residual force didn't work as claimed, as a reminder. We had terrorist activity all over the globe while we were in Afghanistan, including Afghanistan itself, the US, and the EU.

Don't need Afghanistan to plan, fund, and arm attacks. Iran is enough, all by itself. Or as we've forgotten to learn, Saudi Arabia is enough to yield terrorists.

At some point we'll try a new path. If Trump did what he claimed he would do? That would have been a new path. Instead, he kept on the path.
Well trump ain't in charge right now. It is Joe Biden blazing the path today. Joe thinks he knows how Israel should be handling this conflict. He has a unique perspective. He wants Israel to conduct combat operations in a highly dense civilian environment and do so with zero collateral damage. Of course DFJ has no idea how to accomplish this objective. Maybe Bibi should yield control of the military operation over to DFJ? Somehow those biting words of DFJs former boss come into focus. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JOES ABILITY TO F**K THINGS UP. Withholding precision ordnance to Israel means more dumb bombs being dropped and more dead Palestinians. Way to go Dumb F**K Joe. Is it possible Joe is doing this to solidify the Muslim vote in Michigan? DFJ when he drifts in and out of reality has been told he will need Michigan to win in November. ;)
All Joe is saying is: enough is enough. That's all this is. The arms aren't the issue.....they're a message.

My view is that there are no right moves, and the extremes of both Hamas and Israel have been, and will continue to, run the show for a while longer.

How long? I have no clue.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:59 am
old salt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 pm I do not recall the National Review advocating for a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan.
I believe they endorsed leaving the residual force that Biden's military & Intel chains of command recommended.

America’s presence in Afghanistan was a relatively low-cost and high-return investment not just in preventing future terrorist attacks originating from Central Asia but foreclosing on the need to introduce a larger American force on the ground as a response to some terrible contingency in the West. If nothing else, the Discord leaks demonstrate the value of that insurance policy and the Biden administration’s unwise decision to give it up.
You remember correctly. It's why I said that if you, BIbi, and the NR all use this line of thinking: Israel is planning to occupy Gaza, and there's no way they're gonna let Palestine self govern with no one else helping.

The residual force didn't work as claimed, as a reminder. We had terrorist activity all over the globe while we were in Afghanistan, including Afghanistan itself, the US, and the EU.

Don't need Afghanistan to plan, fund, and arm attacks. Iran is enough, all by itself. Or as we've forgotten to learn, Saudi Arabia is enough to yield terrorists.

At some point we'll try a new path. If Trump did what he claimed he would do? That would have been a new path. Instead, he kept on the path.
Well trump ain't in charge right now. It is Joe Biden blazing the path today. Joe thinks he knows how Israel should be handling this conflict. He has a unique perspective. He wants Israel to conduct combat operations in a highly dense civilian environment and do so with zero collateral damage. Of course DFJ has no idea how to accomplish this objective. Maybe Bibi should yield control of the military operation over to DFJ? Somehow those biting words of DFJs former boss come into focus. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JOES ABILITY TO F**K THINGS UP. Withholding precision ordnance to Israel means more dumb bombs being dropped and more dead Palestinians. Way to go Dumb F**K Joe. Is it possible Joe is doing this to solidify the Muslim vote in Michigan? DFJ when he drifts in and out of reality has been told he will need Michigan to win in November. ;)
All Joe is saying is: enough is enough. That's all this is. The arms aren't the issue.....they're a message.

My view is that there are no right moves, and the extremes of both Hamas and Israel have been, and will continue to, run the show for a while longer.

I believe Netanyahu will string it out through the election and if Trump wins (which I am praying he does) he will crush whomever is left on the Egyptian border before walling off the land and making it very difficult for any of the Palestinians to come back..... Maybe allow old people that won't procreate and will die off to return. That is what I would do if I were him. Trump would greenlight it. It is a ways off to the election but it can easily be strung out until November.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

About time some reality was injected into the US campus protests discussion. Enough of the right-wing narrative, the people who think every problem is the opportunity to demonstrate the use of a hammer. The cherry picking of incidents, the false flags, external agitation, the blaming of the protestors exclusively when the violence was initiated by counter non-campus based protestors, etc.

Consider the data for a change.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... an aside. The right-wing argument against Biden's action is as usual flawed. They claim no president has ever taken such an action and Biden can't be a friend of Israel, he hates Israel. What about Ronnie Rayguns sitting on the shipment of F-16s to Israel over the Oslo Agreement?

By the way, the US population is now polling in the 62-67 range across 3 polls, in favor of stopping the slaughter -- it isn't just college students!
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 pm

... an aside. The right-wing argument against Biden's action is as usual flawed. They claim no president has ever taken such an action and Biden can't be a friend of Israel, he hates Israel. What about Ronnie Rayguns sitting on the shipment of F-16s to Israel over the Oslo Agreement?

By the way, the US population is now polling in the 62-67 range across 3 polls, in favor of stopping the slaughter -- it isn't just college students!
IMHO, you have to be a doorknob to think that additional war is going to do thing one to get rid of Hamas.

....Israel would be far better served to tell the world, "we're looking for hostages, and we won't stop until we find them".

But it's plain as day that Netanyahu doesn't give a fig about what anyone says.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:43 am he will crush whomever is left on the Egyptian border before walling off the land and making it very difficult for any of the Palestinians to come back.
I sure hope he gets Mexico to pay for that wall. I am still pissed at the Mexicans for not paying for Trump's wall.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The right-wing groups attempting to disrupt campus protests. Of course blaming the violence they create on the student protestors.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm The right-wing groups attempting to disrupt campus protests. Of course blaming the violence they create on the student protestors.
Another reason I keep telling folks who are upset about the protests and counterprotests should. stop. clicking.

It's clickbait. These people want attention, and to appear like they are 100x larger group than they are.

I wish folks could understand the power they have in the internet age....want something to go away? Stop clicking.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm The right-wing groups attempting to disrupt campus protests. Of course blaming the violence they create on the student protestors.
Another reason I keep telling folks who are upset about the protests and counterprotests should. stop. clicking.

It's clickbait. These people want attention, and to appear like they are 100x larger group than they are.

I wish folks could understand the power they have in the internet age....want something to go away? Stop clicking.
... none of this is surprising. My experience from back in the day, you had to look for undercover COPs acting as protestors trying to whip up trouble so they could arrest protestors. It is better today, at least the COPs as far as I can tell are better trained and largely play it down the middle, although we can re-evaluate that when the protests end. Probably still be one or two cases of undercover COPs whipping up the trouble. I suspect the COPs / FBI will arrest some of the right-wing agitators. The real problem is the brain-dead administrators and scumbag politicians.

The day-after problem on campus.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 pm

... none of this is surprising. My experience from back in the day, you had to look for undercover COPs acting as protestors trying to whip up trouble so they could arrest protestors. It is better today, at least the COPs as far as I can tell are better trained and largely play it down the middle, although we can re-evaluate that when the protests end. Probably still be one or two cases of undercover COPs whipping up the trouble. I suspect the COPs / FBI will arrest some of the right-wing agitators. The real problem is the brain-dead administrators and scumbag politicians.

So now it's the under cover cops fault? :lol: paranoia is surely striking deep in your world. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The real Columbia story... as told by a Columbia professor of journalism.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:39 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 pm

So now it's the under cover cops fault? :lol: paranoia is surely striking deep in your world. :D
... learn to read, that is not what I wrote, troll boy. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Was looking for articles about the SU lacrosse game and ran across this article about a Jewish parent who was arrested by the SU campus police. A really weird story. The parent Ronn Torossian is an interesting character (from Wikipedia).

Ronn D. Torossian is an American public relations executive, founder of New York City-based 5W Public Relations (5WPR), and author. He has made a significant impact in the PR industry through his firm’s aggressive media tactics, which have occasionally led to controversy1.

Early Life: Torossian was born in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in The Bronx. He attended Stuyvesant High School in New York City. At age 13, he joined Betar, an international Zionist youth movement associated with Israel’s Likud party. While studying at SUNY Albany, Torossian became the national president of the North American branch of Betar. Later, he moved to Israel and founded an organization called Yerushalyim Shelanu (Our Jerusalem), which promoted Jewish settlement in East Jerusalem1.

Business Career: Torossian began his PR career in 1998, working with then New York City Council speaker Peter Vallone, Sr. during Vallone’s trip to Israel. He also worked for the Likud Party in Israel. In 2002, he launched his own PR firm, 5W Public Relations, which has since become one of the largest independently-owned PR firms in the United States.

Controversy and Activism: Torossian’s aggressive media tactics have sometimes landed him in controversy. He has also been heavily involved in Israeli right-wing politics and activism. Notably, he co-founded an organization that promoted Jewish settlement in East Jerusalem1.

He and his "interaction" with the SU administration smells like Gefilte fish that has set out in the heat of July for a month! :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jerks for Palestine block the exit from Disney World. I wonder if jerks for Palestine understands the warm reception they would get from Hamas? I believe throwing gay people off of tall buildings is huge fun for many extremists in some Muslim nations. :roll:

You can't use the word kweer on this forum. Go figure, that is how it was reported in the media. Being kweer doesn't correlate to being a jerk does it? Perhaps management might try and look for a more appropriate replacement word. So it has to be written as Kweers for Palestine. :lol: It is appropriate to use jerks for Palestine when discussing an increasing # of US college students. 8-)
Typical Lax Dad

https://neurosciencenews.com/cognition- ... ent-22212/

I had noticed this maybe a couple of years ago. The decline seems to have accelerated in the past 9 months based on the posts. They have become increasingly demented. Some of it purposefully and perhaps some not. Get a scan. A good friend was diagnosed with early onset dementia and medication has slowed the decline. A guy in mother in law’s memory care unit is probably 55 and in decline. Memory is ok but not his cognition. Get yourself checked.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:36 pm https://neurosciencenews.com/cognition- ... ent-22212/

I had noticed this maybe a couple of years ago. The decline seems to have accelerated in the past 9 months based on the posts. They have become increasingly demented. Some of it purposefully and perhaps some not. Get a scan. A good friend was diagnosed with early onset dementia and medication has slowed the decline. A guy in mother in law’s memory care unit is probably 55 and in decline. Memory is ok but not his cognition. Get yourself checked.
I use my own barometer. I call it Jeopardy. My wife and I have watched every night for years. It never gets old listening my wife tell me " how do you know that" ?? I guess that is the way the brain works in us odd folks. I can often recall trivial stuff I learned decades ago in the blink of an eye. It may take me longer to remember what I had for breakfast.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:36 pm https://neurosciencenews.com/cognition- ... ent-22212/

I use my own barometer. I call it Jeopardy. My wife and I have watched every night for years. It never gets old listening my wife tell me " how do you know that" ?? I guess that is the way the brain works in us odd folks. I can often recall trivial stuff I learned decades ago in the blink of an eye. It may take me longer to remember what I had for breakfast.
Dementia is not just about memory loss
“A person with early-stage dementia might ask for the same information repeatedly or forget something they were recently told. But dementia can also affect the way people think, speak, perceive things, feel and behave.”

Really get a scan to be sure. Your behavior is much different than it was 2-3 years ago.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

4 dead in Ohio. I made a mistake giving the COPs the benefit of the doubt. At least two incidents now of the COPs watching as vigilantes attack and beat up protesters. Certainly not playing it down the middle. It hasn't reached the point of the Vietnam protests, but it could and likely will. This guarantees the protests will not end, they will only get bigger. The more of this that goes on, the quicker American mothers will come to side with the protesters. It took many years in the Vietnam war protests. Don't think it will take that long in this case for the mothers to make their position clear. ~65% of voters already agree with the protestors that the genocide should end, even if they don't agree with the protests. That will change more likely faster than during the Vietnam war.

PS: we already know the vigilantes are right-wing bully boys - friends of Trump.

So predictable!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:36 pm

“A person with early-stage dementia might ask for the same information repeatedly or forget something they were recently told. But dementia can also affect the way people think, speak, perceive things, feel and behave.”

Really get a scan to be sure. Your behavior is much different than it was 2-3 years ago.
Thanks for the advice. I watched my dad die from rapid onset dementia. I was his primary care taker 24/7/365. My late sister was with him when I was at work. I came to become more than familiar with what dementia is about. One day my dad was on Aricept. The next day he advanced to Haldol. Once you graduate to Haldol the writing is on the wall. Thanks for your concern? My wife keeps a close eye on me and the cookie jar. I'm doing just fine. If I wind up planting my tomatoes upside down then I'll seek out help. :D
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Thanks for the advice. I watched my dad die from rapid onset dementia. I was his primary care taker 24/7/365. My late sister was with him when I was at work. I came to become more than familiar with what dementia is about. One day my dad was on Aricept. The next day he advanced to Haldol. Once you graduate to Haldol the writing is on the wall. Thanks for your concern? My wife keeps a close eye on me and the cookie jar. I'm doing just fine. If I wind up planting my tomatoes upside down then I'll seek out help. :D
https://www.bhg.com/growing-tomatoes-up ... wn-7504602
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”