ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
luxlaxbro

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by luxlaxbro »

LaxRAT410 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:17 pm Ill say it once, Ill say it again... Lburg to the Linc. Those Pansies in maroon with the lucky escape. Give-em Hell Stevens 🐝🐝🎯

While it would be nice to see LC return to the Championship game I am not sure that it is realistic this year. If I recall correctly they would have to beat W/L and then Salisbury. W/L is possible I am not sure they can beat Salisbury.
whippie07

Post by whippie07 »

2laxers wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm
camskidamski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 am My last look at the first team after the ODAC tournament:

RMC boys moving up after an impressive week!! Congrats to Noke, W&L, Lynchburg for making the big dance…good for the conference!

1st team

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th
You were pretty close, 1st team below. Link for the rest https://odaconline.com/news/2024/5/7/05 ... wards.aspx

POY - Hadley
COY - Sheridan
ROY - Spano

Ray O’Brien * Sr. A Hampden-Sydney College
Jack Smith * Sr. A Randolph-Macon College
Luke Kammerman * Sr. A Roanoke College
Alex Brown + Sr. A Washington and Lee University

Jake Rust * Sr. M Lynchburg, University of
Dylan Wolfe Gr. M Lynchburg, University of
Julian Kammerman * So. M Roanoke College
Jack Elliott ^ Jr. M Washington and Lee University

Gabriel Alexander ^ Sr. FO Bridgewater College
Tyler Spano Fy. FO Washington and Lee University

Conor Kilfeather + Jr. LSM Hampden-Sydney College

Gaines Weis * Jr. SSSP Hampden-Sydney College
Elliot Cohen ^ So. SSSP Washington and Lee University

Thomas Harry ^ Sr. D Hampden-Sydney College
Dom Zingo ^ Sr. D Lynchburg, University of
Mike Allen ^ So. D Randolph-Macon College
Weston Hammond * So. D Roanoke College

Tyler Hadley * Gr. GK Lynchburg, University of
Where's that SU keeper? Pretty sure he was #1 overall in save% and 3rd in odac only. Way above both Smith and Lewis. Biggest snub this year??
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

2laxers wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm
camskidamski wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 am My last look at the first team after the ODAC tournament:

RMC boys moving up after an impressive week!! Congrats to Noke, W&L, Lynchburg for making the big dance…good for the conference!

1st team

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th
You were pretty close, 1st team below. Link for the rest https://odaconline.com/news/2024/5/7/05 ... wards.aspx

POY - Hadley
COY - Sheridan
ROY - Spano

Ray O’Brien * Sr. A Hampden-Sydney College
Jack Smith * Sr. A Randolph-Macon College
Luke Kammerman * Sr. A Roanoke College
Alex Brown + Sr. A Washington and Lee University

Jake Rust * Sr. M Lynchburg, University of
Dylan Wolfe Gr. M Lynchburg, University of
Julian Kammerman * So. M Roanoke College
Jack Elliott ^ Jr. M Washington and Lee University

Gabriel Alexander ^ Sr. FO Bridgewater College
Tyler Spano Fy. FO Washington and Lee University

Conor Kilfeather + Jr. LSM Hampden-Sydney College

Gaines Weis * Jr. SSSP Hampden-Sydney College
Elliot Cohen ^ So. SSSP Washington and Lee University

Thomas Harry ^ Sr. D Hampden-Sydney College
Dom Zingo ^ Sr. D Lynchburg, University of
Mike Allen ^ So. D Randolph-Macon College
Weston Hammond * So. D Roanoke College

Tyler Hadley * Gr. GK Lynchburg, University of
Smith had a good farewell tour. Might have been too hard on the Tigers GK throughout the season, but impressed by his end of the year stretch. O'Brien, Kilfeather, and Weis all names that I expected on the 1st team as well.

Surprised both Kammermans were included on the first team. Agree with the POTY selection as well as COTY. Surprised Marindin bumped to 2nd team, as he wiped many of the 1st Team attackmen off the map when the Bugs matched up against them. Alex Brown and Burns are a matchup that will tear up this tournament if teams do not gameplan effectively, so look out for them this weekend.

Overall, committee did a decent job this year, although agree with the post about SU GK not making it even if he posted that about himself.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

With all due respect to the great players on that list, I don't know how Jay Frye - M - Roanoke didn't make it. He had 80 GBs this year with a shorty no FOGO. C'mon now.
Congrats to Sean Kennedy on ODAC Scholar-Athlete of the Year, that kid is special.
Yeah I'm a homer, so be it. Roll Noke.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I agree with you on Jay Frye from Roanoke. He was the best short stick on the wing during face offs in the entire ODAC.
It seems like once you get on the list as a first or second year it means you are on the list throughout your career even if you plateau talent wise. Guys that have a steady climb to be one of the better players or just have a breakout year don't seem to be acknowledged.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

I actually thought Wyatt Whitlow or Docking, Roanoke, should be on 1st team attack, over R. O'Brien.

valaxfan
ODACguru

Post by ODACguru »

valaxfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am I actually thought Wyatt Whitlow or Docking, Roanoke, should be on 1st team attack, over R. O'Brien.

valaxfan
The Pilat stat stuffing rule in full effect^
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

ODACguru wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:33 am
valaxfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:03 am I actually thought Wyatt Whitlow or Docking, Roanoke, should be on 1st team attack, over R. O'Brien.

valaxfan
The Pilat stat stuffing rule in full effect^
Maybe, but both did have 4 goals, and Docking 4 assists, against HSC and O'Brien only had 2 goals and 1 assist, as a comparison.

valaxfan
Laxerbro10

Post by Laxerbro10 »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am I agree with you on Jay Frye from Roanoke. He was the best short stick on the wing during face offs in the entire ODAC.
It seems like once you get on the list as a first or second year it means you are on the list throughout your career even if you plateau talent wise. Guys that have a steady climb to be one of the better players or just have a breakout year don't seem to be acknowledged.
He also didn’t play defense or offense what would he have been listed as??
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

O’Brien is a tough cover, always drew #1 pole. Docking had a fantastic year and think he’ll be the difference vs. Stevens.

Collision course counting down.
Can’t imagine W&L or LYN letting down but both probably looking ahead.
Both had back to back games @ Mustang and both lost 2nd. Last 3 game were thrilling 1 goal games. Weather looks perfect sunny mid 70’s. Sun skirts and trash talk from track.

Going with my BUGS to move on with a 13-9 highlighted by 15 saves from Hadley and a breakout day from Mitchell and Schmidt.

Hug your lax Mom’s. Happy Mother’s day weekend!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

NBTL, here is hoping the Gennies and Hornets win their first round games. Wish I could be there but looking forward to seeing games on the Lynchburg Sports Network. I lost my Mom 4 years ago, but will celebrate with the better half on Sunday, and the valaxboys.

valaxfan
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Does anyone have any intel on Stevens? I hear they are good. Big defensemen with an ex D1 goalie and a slick attack unit. Any player in particular to keep an eye on?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

JustOneTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm Does anyone have any intel on Stevens? I hear they are good. Big defensemen with an ex D1 goalie and a slick attack unit. Any player in particular to keep an eye on?
Here is what I found on lacrossereference.com (I have an account):

Roanoke Upcoming Schedule:

Opponent: Stevens
Date May 11
Adj Off Rank 25th
Adj Def Rank 4th
Adj FO Rank 21st
Adj GK Rank 5
Win Probability: 12.7%

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am O’Brien is a tough cover, always drew #1 pole. Docking had a fantastic year and think he’ll be the difference vs. Stevens.

Both had back to back games @ Mustang and both lost 2nd. Last 3 game were thrilling 1 goal games. Weather looks perfect sunny mid 70’s. Sun skirts and trash talk from track.

Going with my BUGS to move on with a 13-9 highlighted by 15 saves from Hadley and a breakout day from Mitchell and Schmidt.

NBL, can’t handicap a W&L / Lynchburg contest. I have watched both teams closely, looked at stats, comparative scores , strengths and weaknesses and checked outs the horoscopes of the players. I’ve said it before if they played 10x they’d go .500 against each other. Only clear cut advantage is Lburg in the cage if Hadley is hot and goes 55-60%. w&L clear advantage is face offs w Spano. I do feel Lynchburg has held W&L in check when it’s 6 on 6 and has a slight edge there at least that was the sense I got in there last outing. Burns struggled last match up w the Bugs. I believe he is 100% now. Good luck to both teams
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

valaxfan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:21 pm
JustOneTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm Does anyone have any intel on Stevens? I hear they are good. Big defensemen with an ex D1 goalie and a slick attack unit. Any player in particular to keep an eye on?

Date May 11
Adj Off Rank 25th
Adj Def Rank 4th
Adj FO Rank 21st
Adj GK Rank 5

valaxfan
Well a win probability of 12.7% is not good so I hope the computer is wrong. Roanoke is due for a complete game by all phases, maybe this is the one.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

JustOneTime wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 pm

Date May 11
Adj Off Rank 25th
Adj Def Rank 4th
Adj FO Rank 21st
Adj GK Rank 5

valaxfan
Well a win probability of 12.7% is not good so I hope the computer is wrong. Roanoke is due for a complete game by all phases, maybe this is the one.
I think Roanoke beats that computer projection for sure.

valaxfan
ah23

Post by ah23 »

FWIW Massey ratings' prediction has it as a 50/50 tossup.
Nothinbutthelax

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:52 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am O’Brien is a tough cover, always drew #1 pole. Docking had a fantastic year and think he’ll be the difference vs. Stevens.

NBL, can’t handicap a W&L / Lynchburg contest. I have watched both teams closely, looked at stats, comparative scores , strengths and weaknesses and checked outs the horoscopes of the players. I’ve said it before if they played 10x they’d go .500 against each other. Only clear cut advantage is Lburg in the cage if Hadley is hot and goes 55-60%. w&L clear advantage is face offs w Spano. I do feel Lynchburg has held W&L in check when it’s 6 on 6 and has a slight edge there at least that was the sense I got in there last outing. Burns struggled last match up w the Bugs. I believe he is 100% now. Good luck to both teams
The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat will come down to a couple plays. Such a great match up. Win or lose another enjoyable year of banter and insight. Cheer and good luck!
Nothinbutthelax

Date May 11
Adj Off Rank 25th
Adj Def Rank 4th
Adj FO Rank 21st
Adj GK Rank 5

valaxfan

Interesting..
Wonder how side by side LYN / W&L would look?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:09 pm

Date May 11
Adj Off Rank 25th
Adj Def Rank 4th
Adj FO Rank 21st
Adj GK Rank 5

valaxfan

Interesting..
Wonder how side by side LYN / W&L would look?
If we win tomorrow, and you guys win, I'll check it out and post the results.

valaxfan

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”