Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
GratefulRed

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by GratefulRed »

I guess I should watch more lax!

Congrats to the Ivies! Been a little inconsistent (Penn) but showed their strength today.

After Duke lost to BC in the ACCs, I’m not sure if I have ever seen a more dejected group. Couldn’t imagine them having to practice for 2 more weeks—then they got a bid. Impressed they showed up and competed today.

Thought UNC would be more competitive. Looks like they will go quietly.

As will I, to the ATM.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: NCAA TOURNEY ROUND 1

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 am MD - 15.5
Maryland 17  Robert Morris 1

Yale -12.5
Yale 17 Binghamton 4

Notre Dame -14.5
Notre Dame 24 Coastal Carolina 6

Penn -6.5
Penn 16 Richmond 5

Stony Brook -9.5
Stony Brook 19 Niagara 7

JMU -1.5
James Madison 14 Penn State 13  

UVA -13.5
Virginia 21 LIU 6

Denver -3.5
Denver 13 Stanford 12

Princeton -2.5
Princeton 14 Drexel 9

Loyola -7.5
Loyola 16 Duke 11

JHU -6.5
Johns Hopkins 11 Fairfield 5

Michigan -8.5
Michigan 17 Mercer 6

Florida -2.5
Florida 17 North Carolina 8
Pretty dang good lining
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut here and there...
spidey44

Round 2!

Post by spidey44 »

Today we should have some very good games to enjoy with all the moms in our lives :) - of course the NCAA condensed all 8 games within a 2:30 starting time window. What a disgrace. Not sure how this compares with the men's games yesterday, but we couldn't have had at least one late afternoon game??

On to the games...

Princeton @ BC
BC benefits from a bit of a break and uses those fresh legs to put up some points today. I don't think the Tigers can keep up with the Eagles. I expect things to be tight early, but the Eagles pull away in the second half.
BC -7.5

Michigan @ Notre Dame
This will be a tough out for the Irish. While I think they walk away with a win today, the Wolverines aren't going to make it easy. Expect a low scoring affair (o/u 23.5). While the line favors the Irish, I can see the Blue and Maize with the upset today.
ND -1.5

JMU @ Maryland
Rematch of last year's quarters. The host has just flipped this time. The Terps got the better of the Dukes earlier this season, but can they beat them twice in one year?? The homefield advantage doesn't appear to be as it once was for the Terps, but I think they get it done today. Two of my favorite teams, but both have been a bit disappointing this season if I'm being honest. Terps Protect This House today.
Maryland -1

Florida @ UVA
This is my game of the day. I think this will be a battle and I can see either team coming out on top today. Florida coming off a shelling of the Heels, but can they keep the momentum on the Hoos home turf? My line will favor the home team, but I'd put my money on the Gators today.
UVA -2.5

Loyola @ Penn
Another rematch today. Penn put the wood to the Hounds earlier this season, but Loyola keeps this one closer. The Quakers will get another win, but will have to fight for this one.
Penn -3.5

Denver @ Northwestern
Denver eeked out a win against Stanford, using a questionable rule to their advantage (albeit the Cardinal still would have had to gotten a shot off, but I digress...). Just don't see them having what it takes to make another Final Four run this year. Still a decent year for the Pios, but their season ends today. This could be the biggest one sided game of the day.
NU -6.5

Stony Brook @ Syracuse
Spallina's ladies squeezed the juice out of the Orange in the dome once already this year (sorry, bad dad joke, but had to be done), but can they do it again. Stony Brook will come out firing today with that Strong Island attitude in tow. Look for the Seawolves to take the first round or two, before the Orange calms themselves down and regroups to get payback.
Cuse -2.5

Johns Hopkins @ Yale
This should be a decent game. Yale just seems to have a bit extra this year. Hopkins with an up and down season, but still with some good wins on their resume. But I just don't see them winning today. Just going with my gut here.
Yale -3.5
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Don't look now, Spidey's got some real competition :lol:

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/2024/5 ... e-syracuse
OuttaNowhereWregget

NULax2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:22 pm Don't look now, Spidey's got some real competition :lol:

I was wondering when it would go mainstream. Decent lines too.

Except the guy doesn't know the sport as well as Spidey:

The Wildcats are the odds favorite to hoist the trophy once again, and made a statement by burying Denver in a 17-4 first-round trouncing on Sunday. Meanwhile No. 2 Boston College is tracking right behind them and is fresh off a 21-16 victory over Princeton in round one.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

NULax2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:22 pm Don't look now, Spidey's got some real competition :lol:

:o :o :o

DK reached out to me. No lie... ok, maybe a bit...
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:48 pm

:o :o :o

DK reached out to me. No lie... ok, maybe a bit...
Haha--good one.
spidey44

NCAA QUARTERFINALS

Post by spidey44 »

Here we go kids! Elite 8 time. Should be some good games today...hopefully those that want to are able to watch!

And away we go!

Florida @ Maryland
Before the round of 16, I would have predicted Florida big if this matchup was to happen. Post game, I'm not so sure. Maryland finally looked like the Terps of Christmas past. Can they continue against the Gators today? I'd love to see it, but just not sure they can keep up with Florida. Terps will keep it close for the most part, but Florida has their # and finally gets back to the Final Four.
Florida -3.5

Yale @ Syracuse
This is the round we get rid of the Ivies, starting with Yale. Treanor goes back-to-back Final Fours today. No tent-gate today as the game moves to the Dome. No excuses for the Bulldogs, but the Orange will prove too much.
Syracuse -4.5 ***Line shift from -6.5***

Michigan @ Boston College
This is the farthest the Wolverines have ever gone in the NCAA tournament, and this is as far as they will go. Michigan's tough D will keep this one close, but BC just has too many weapons to contain.
Boston College -3.5

Penn @ Northwestern
This one won't be close. Northwestern will continue with another big win today over the Quakers. Penn (along with Yale) has been a nice story this year with some good wins, but today their season will be complete. Scane with 5+ today (+125).
Northwestern -8.5
Last edited by spidey44 on Thu May 16, 2024 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmmm

Re: NCAA QUARTERFINALS

Post by hmmm »

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:17 am Here we go kids! Elite 8 time. Should be some good games today...hopefully those that want to are able to watch!

And away we go!

Florida @ Maryland
Before the round of 16, I would have predicted Florida big if this matchup was to happen. Post game, I'm not so sure. Maryland finally looked like the Terps of Christmas past. Can they continue against the Gators today? I'd love to see it, but just not sure they can keep up with Florida. Terps will keep it close for the most part, but Florida has their # and finally gets back to the Final Four.
Florida -3.5

Yale @ Syracuse
This is the round we get rid of the Ivies, starting with Yale. Treanor goes back-to-back Final Fours today. No tent-gate today as the game moves to the Dome. No excuses for the Bulldogs, but the Orange will prove too much.
Syracuse -6.5

Michigan @ Boston College
This is the farthest the Wolverines have ever gone in the NCAA tournament, and this is as far as they will go. Michigan's tough D will keep this one close, but BC just has too many weapons to contain.
Boston College -3.5

Penn @ Northwestern
This one won't be close. Northwestern will continue with another big win today over the Quakers. Penn (along with Yale) has been a nice story this year with some good wins, but today their season will be complete. Scane with 5+ today (+125).
Northwestern -8.5
With Draft Kings having lines for wlax for the first time this week, I hope you're right. I took Cuse -3.

DK Lines:
Florida -1.5 O/U 24.5
Cuse -3 O/U 24
BC -2.5 O/U 23.5
NW -5.5 O/U 25
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

I already don't like my Cuse line lol. I'd move it down to 4.5 if I did it over again. Since game hasn't started, I'm editing the line lol.
spidey44

Re: NCAA QUARTERFINALS

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:32 am
With Draft Kings having lines for wlax for the first time this week, I hope you're right. I took Cuse -3.

DK Lines:
Florida -1.5 O/U 24.5
Cuse -3 O/U 24
BC -2.5 O/U 23.5
NW -5.5 O/U 25
Are these live? Just logged in and could only find mens...
saltylaxer

Post by saltylaxer »

Also looking for this and can only find mens !
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Put on your readers! If you search for lacrosse, there is a View All(3) underneath it. Click on that and you'll be able to choose men, PLL or women
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:46 pm Put on your readers! If you search for lacrosse, there is a View All(3) underneath it. Click on that and you'll be able to choose men, PLL or women
Do I have my web cam on...how do you know I'm wearing readers?!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

spidey44 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 pm
hmmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:46 pm Put on your readers! If you search for lacrosse, there is a View All(3) underneath it. Click on that and you'll be able to choose men, PLL or women
It was an educated guess that a majority of the posters on this site are in their mid 40s to 50s and like me have had steadily declining visual acuity over the last few years.... :D
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:52 pm
spidey44 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 pm
It was an educated guess that a majority of the posters on this site are in their mid 40s to 50s and like me have had steadily declining visual acuity over the last few years.... :D
Touche'!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DraftKings lines are up:
Northwestern -2.5 O/U 27.5
BC -1.5 O/U 25.5
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:01 pm DraftKings lines are up:
BC -1.5 O/U 25.5
Putting me out of business! I like the NU/BC 2 game parlay though...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

spidey44 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 am
hmmm wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:01 pm DraftKings lines are up:
BC -1.5 O/U 25.5
Putting me out of business! I like the NU/BC 2 game parlay though...
Took my own advice…
Attachments
IMG_3149.jpeg
IMG_3149.jpeg (88.46 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”