Lehigh
20%

Total votes: 44

AreaLax

#3 Hopkins vs Lehigh Sunday @ noon

Post by AreaLax »

Let’s go

Anish Shroff & Quint Kessenich are calling this game
Last edited by AreaLax on Thu May 09, 2024 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HopFan16

Re: #3 Hopkins vs Lehigh Sunday @ noon

Post by HopFan16 »

Don't think Lehigh has the firepower to put up a big number on Hopkins' defense and while I'm not expecting the Jays' O to suddenly blow anyone away, think they'll have enough here to get out of Homewood with a win. Last game on the wood for guys like Degnon, Angelus, etc...should see a better and more urgent effort than their B1G tourney game.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

AreaLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 amLet’s go
Lehigh is a solid team and defensively they can lock down at time but I just don't know they are going to score enough to keep up. Hopkins O has had some major issues at times and maybe if that carries over from the Penn State game they have a shot but it's hard to see how Hopkins doesn't blow it open eventually. I also don't believe Lehigh has an elite fogo so that shouldn't come into play. I could see Lehigh covering but after the Penn State debacle I think it's much more likely Hop wins going away.
coda

Post by coda »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:21 am
AreaLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:12 amLet’s go
Lehigh is a solid team and defensively they can lock down at time but I just don't know they are going to score enough to keep up. Hopkins O has had some major issues at times and maybe if that carries over from the Penn State game they have a shot but it's hard to see how Hopkins doesn't blow it open eventually. I also don't believe Lehigh has an elite fogo so that shouldn't come into play. I could see Lehigh covering but after the Penn State debacle I think it's much more likely Hop wins going away.
I think this is set up to be one of the more boring games. I like Hopkins here, only because the styles match up. Both are defensive teams that play at a snails pace on offense.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Jays 14 - 6... :D
molo

Post by molo »

To me, the most dangerous team in the PL is Army, maybe BU next. I don’t know much about Lehigh and realize that Hopkins finished on a sour note, but I expect them to win by something like 12-8.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I think the Blue Jays will win this one, but their O will need more than 7 goals.

Lehigh is capable of forcing Hopkins to play a lot of D with their lengthy possessions. I think that will leave Hopkins vulnerable to a late run by Lehigh.

This is one game where the Blue Jays need to start fast and keep the pedal slammed to the floor. Let Lehigh hang around and there’s the potential for a fourth quarter surge and upset.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 pm I think the Blue Jays will win this one, but their O will need more than 7 goals.

Lehigh is capable of forcing Hopkins to play a lot of D with their lengthy possessions. I think that will leave Hopkins vulnerable to a late run by Lehigh.

This is one game where the Blue Jays need to start fast and keep the pedal slammed to the floor. Let Lehigh hang around and there’s the potential for a fourth quarter surge and upset.

DocBarrister
This I agree with. The pace of this one will be slow. I could see a game where it feels like Hopkins is dominating, but you look up and it is 8-5 going into the 4Q. With a break or 2 in the 4Q, all of sudden Doc is chewing his nails to the bone.
Finster

Post by Finster »

coda wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 pm I think the Blue Jays will win this one, but their O will need more than 7 goals.

DocBarrister
This I agree with. The pace of this one will be slow. I could see a game where it feels like Hopkins is dominating, but you look up and it is 8-5 going into the 4Q. With a break or 2 in the 4Q, all of sudden Doc is chewing his nails to the bone.

I’m not a Hopkins fan, so obviously bear that in mind with what I’m about to say, but I just don’t trust this Hopkins team. They can beat UVA but they can also lose to Navy.

C’mon man.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 pm

DocBarrister

I’m not a Hopkins fan, so obviously bear that in mind with what I’m about to say, but I just don’t trust this Hopkins team. They can beat UVA but they can also lose to Navy.

C’mon man.
It's been a weird year for a lot of teams. Penn State doubled up Cornell and Maryland but lost to Colgate. Georgetown got crushed by Loyola but was the only team to beat Notre Dame. Duke has 4 and 6 goal games on its resume and got boatraced by Carolina, but beat UVA and trounced Cuse the second time and is seemingly schizophrenic. Denver beat Hopkins and Georgetown but lost to Villanova. Princeton lost to freaking Brown and then strolled through the Ivy tournament. Michigan was a nonentity before suddenly igniting for the B1G tourney.

Notre Dame is really the only team that has earned weekly "trust." Everyone else has had at least one or two head-scratching moments, Hopkins is far from alone.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Might be another decade before Hopkins gets a 1st teamer on offense:

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -americans
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
You just described every team this year outside of Notre Dame
a fan

Post by a fan »

primitiveskills wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:18 pm

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
+1
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Massey has Hopkins as prohibitive favorites in this game.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm Massey has Hopkins as prohibitive favorites in this game.
it would have been shocking if they didn't?
Finster

Post by Finster »

a fan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:37 pm

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
+1

When you’re right, you’re right. 😂

I guess I don’t trust any team to be blunt, including ND.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... acks/63359
Hopkins 24-5 under PM when it gets 12 goals or more but has been held under 10 in 5 of last 7.
Lehigh 48th in adjusted offensive efficiency 28th in adjusted defensive efficiency.
Lehigh 5-0 in one goal games.
In the last 4 tournaments the only top 3 seed to lose was Georgetown
a fan

Post by a fan »

Finster wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:58 am

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
+1

I think we all agree that if you don't show up this weekend with your A game, you're going to get sent home sooner rather than later......
Finster

Post by Finster »

a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 am

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
+1

I think we all agree that if you don't show up this weekend with your A game, you're going to get sent home sooner rather than later......

It’ll be something that after such an unpredictable season, this weekend all the favorites win. 😂
a fan

Post by a fan »

Finster wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:57 am
a fan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 am

DocBarrister

C’mon man.
+1

It’ll be something that after such an unpredictable season, this weekend all the favorites win. 😂
I was JUST talking to a friend about that....as up and down as this season has been, I gotta say, I'd be disappointed if the same old, same old make the Final Four. The spreading of great players around D1 has made the game SO much fun to watch. The Ivies in particular, have been fantastic.

That said, best of luck to the Jays, having them in the Final Four would be a nice reward for their fans.....

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”