Mid-season All Americans 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxrat2319

Mid-season All Americans 2024

Post by Laxrat2319 »

It’s a little over halfway into the season, and many teams have already played a few in conference games. We’re now a week into April and I was wondering if anyone has guesses and predictions for all Americans?
BigMoose9

Re: Mid-season All Americans 2024

Post by BigMoose9 »

Laxrat2319 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:15 pm It’s a little over halfway into the season, and many teams have already played a few in conference games. We’re now a week into April and I was wondering if anyone has guesses and predictions for all Americans?
Just gonna give first team a go
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

BigMoose9 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:19 pm
Laxrat2319 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:15 pm It’s a little over halfway into the season, and many teams have already played a few in conference games. We’re now a week into April and I was wondering if anyone has guesses and predictions for all Americans?
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

Would take Dowd and Nestor off, Bromwell has been Burys best middy thus far. Give me Cook, Bromwell and Luke Murphy (RPI).

Agree with the rest of the list 🤝
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

StevieUAlum wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:26 pm
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

Would take Dowd and Nestor off, Bromwell has been Burys best middy thus far. Give me Cook, Bromwell and Luke Murphy (RPI).

Hot take, with the way SU’s first line is playing 2/3 should be 1st team aa’s. The 3rd should be 2nd team. I don’t think cook would be on the first line for bury rn. Most likely would be playing attack or a 4 man 1st line with him being the 4th. I don’t think he shoots the ball as well as either of those three.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

I thought Defazio was playing close this year?
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:09 pm
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

Hot take, with the way SU’s first line is playing 2/3 should be 1st team aa’s. The 3rd should be 2nd team. I don’t think cook would be on the first line for bury rn. Most likely would be playing attack or a 4 man 1st line with him being the 4th. I don’t think he shoots the ball as well as either of those three.
I put Nestor and Dowd on first but I agree that Bromwell should be on the second team if I were to vote. I think the other two just get more attention from other teams and are slightly more feared than Bromwell. However, to say Cook wouldn’t start for Bury is a hot take. If he was on Bury other coaches couldn’t guard him the way they do currently. They either lock him off or send two or three guys right away when he’s dodging. Not saying he’s head and shoulders above the other 3, but he’d still be drawing the pole in my opinion.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

BigMoose9 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

I put Nestor and Dowd on first but I agree that Bromwell should be on the second team if I were to vote. I think the other two just get more attention from other teams and are slightly more feared than Bromwell. However, to say Cook wouldn’t start for Bury is a hot take. If he was on Bury other coaches couldn’t guard him the way they do currently. They either lock him off or send two or three guys right away when he’s dodging. Not saying he’s head and shoulders above the other 3, but he’d still be drawing the pole in my opinion.
Salisbury offense has not reached full stride just yet,Once Dowd hits next gear they will even more difficult to defend.Can’t put a pole on all of them, scoring has been spread across the board all year.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

BigMoose9 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm
A- Jude Brown
A- Clifford Gaston
A- Judge Murphy
M- Andrew Cook
M- Jack Dowd
M- Luke Nestor
FO- Paddy Condon
LSM- John DeFazio
Dmid- Zack Goorno
D- Mike Grace
D- Joey Waldbaum
D- Regan McNamara
Goalie- Joe Perry

Definitely a hot take. If Cook had a shorty and was surrounded by 2 other serious dodging/shooting threats on his line, he would be unstoppable. Salisbury’s trio is unbelievably talented, but Cook is the best mid in the country. Teams have to lock him off or send a slide immediately to stop him and even then it sometimes doesn’t work. They put him at attack in the 3rd quarter and he immediately had 3 goals on Salisburys best cover guy(McNamara) with 2 of them being straight up one on ones.

I do believe Bromwell/Dowd/Nestor will have 2 1st team guys and 1 2nd team guy. However the committee distributes that list is up to a guess. Nestor and Bromwell may have better numbers, but Dowd typically draws the pole. Nightmare to try and stop these guys.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

I'm surprised this didn't pick up much traction. I feel like IL usually posts one of these but I guess not this year

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”