NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthieLax

Re: NESCAC

Post by SouthieLax »

Motorman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:05 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:46 pm
Motorman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:11 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm Another rough day for the Laxattackjack and Choochoo crew as Middlebury blows out #4 and previously undefeated St. Lawrence. They are so terrible and overrated yet sit at 5-2 in conference and now have a win over a higher ranked team than any team down South has pulled off this year. Their losses are three top-10 teams, a Babson team that is easily top-15 and Hamilton (better team than Lynchburg). Marathon, not a sprint.
Pretty tough to question the South unless Salisbury has been moved from Maryland. Have beaten 7 teams from 2023 NCAA tournament plus Stevenson in first 13 games. Nothing less than a 5 goal spread. 20 Nat Finals in last 30 years. Enough said regarding the South.
It was a factual statement, that’s all. RPI has beaten #2 RIT and Middlebury has beaten #3 St. Lawrence. Salisbury is the clear favorite to repeat but their best wins are against #8, #9, #15 and #17. Not exactly murderers row, not suggesting they aren’t the top team but they haven’t played the current Top-8. And the rest of the South? CNU did beat Dickinson but lost to everyone else. And that Dickinson team is the ultimate paper tiger. Wins over #14 Stevens and #20 Roanoke, blown out by CNU and nothing else.
If we are going with facts then we must consider the ranking for each week, as you know it changes. The ranking for every Salisbury opponent goes down once they play. You can actually thank Salisbury for your higher ranking, opponents lose and you go up. BTW, only one ranking has not changed since preseason hasn’t changed. Take a guess.
Right, it’s easy to chest thump as defending champs. But the fact remains that none of the teams Salisbury has played were top-8 at the time. It’s not really their fault, they had CNU on schedule, preseason #3 which proved to be totally false. Bottom line, the Gulls toughest games will come in May when they have to play some of the higher ranked teams for the first time this year.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

D3LaxFan2 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 am
BallHunt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:27 am Has been a plague this year. Lots of axes to grind I suppose.
Does this site have any Admins/Moderators, or any sort of community post standards?
Yes, appears as ADMIN or Matnum PI, but nothing here is even close to being banned posts (ok maybe calling someone a dbag would do it).
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

ah23 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:26 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:28 pm They have the best goalie and arguably the best fogo who btw subdued Mason Kohn (the now Syracuse FOGO) in the Natty.
Two very unserious takes, one of which even uses made up stats.

What are we even doing here?
Had to be there at the game. Malamphy made every faceoff a 50/50 fight and Salisbury had great wing play. That combined with the shut off was the reason they won.
liongoes

Post by liongoes »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:07 am
liongoes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:59 am Toughen up and take the good with the bad. The NESCAC has been great for so long, and some of the fans (including here), coaches and sidelines haven’t been modest about it. This is a #downyear, and some of that which was sown, now must be reaped. I don’t care to dance on the NESCAC’s proverbial grave, but I do find humor in the pushback that is happening as people merely state some of the negative facts.
"I don’t care to dance on the NESCAC’s proverbial grave"

pretty quick scan says that you're a CNU fan who spends 99% of their time trolling about the NESCAC, so
Is there something you would like to say about the other 7 lines of my post? Or were you just here to cherry pick 1 of them? A bit of a more thorough scan of my posts would show you that those NESCAC ones you tallied are mainly back and forths about my prediction that Middlebury wouldn’t be strong this year. Which, even as it came to fruition, proved my last line that you ignored, the push back I and others received against facts.
Look man...you can tell yourself that, but no one has to buy it. "A more thorough scan of your posts" (seriously) is mostly you either coming at people unprompted or complaining about something, there's no discussion or interest in it in the first place. The reality is...anyone who spends all their time fixated on one thing and one thing only...has some kind of personal fixation with that thing! Pretty simple
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:36 am
BallHunt wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:27 am Has been a plague this year. Lots of axes to grind I suppose.
Does this site have any Admins/Moderators, or any sort of community post standards?
Yes, appears as ADMIN or Matnum PI, but nothing here is even close to being banned posts (ok maybe calling someone a dbag would do it).
Oooh, sowwwy if you can’t handle a little locker room talk….I apologize if I offended your wittle virgin eyes….maybe some should stop calling coaches offensive, insulting names and I won’t jump all over your sh!t.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

callaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:59 am
Oooh, sowwwy if you can’t handle a little locker room talk….I apologize if I offended your wittle virgin eyes….maybe some should stop calling coaches offensive, insulting names and I won’t jump all over your sh!t.
Hey callaxdad, I didn't call any coach an offensive, insulting name. I am not your target so cool it. I was just pointing out what the mod objects to.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

StevieUAlum wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 am
ah23 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:26 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:28 pm They have the best goalie and arguably the best fogo who btw subdued Mason Kohn (the now Syracuse FOGO) in the Natty.
Two very unserious takes, one of which even uses made up stats.

What are we even doing here?
Had to be there at the game. Malamphy made every faceoff a 50/50 fight and Salisbury had great wing play. That combined with the shut off was the reason they won.
Most were not a 50/50 fight, let alone “every faceoff.” Credit to Salisbury for starting out the game strong at the dot, but after that, Kohn was dominant. Even when he wasn’t winning them clean on the initial clamp, he was out-dueling the Seagulls for ground balls, a critical part of being a successful FO man. The video below has every FO clip from that game. Check out Kohn’s clean win at 9:15 which he took to the cage for an unassisted goal. Great game overall for Salisbury, but Kohn won the faceoff battle hands down.

https://youtu.be/0P0yA4oBcEY?si=E1MP_nlWoCD57DFs
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:40 am
Hey callaxdad, I didn't call any coach an offensive, insulting name. I am not your target so cool it. I was just pointing out what the mod objects to.
I realize that UP but, you did call me out. However, I suppose you were just saying that’s something that could get one a suspension. Sorry, shouldn’t have shot the messenger, my bad.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Tufts taking it out on Midd right now....Ouch
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 pm
Um, I believe that would be dingleberry!! :lol: :lol:
choochooCharlie

callaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:04 pm
Um, I believe that would be dingleberry!!
If you detect something and think that’s the case, check your upper lip and wipe better.

I wonder if the side-line Dumbos busted out any new team celebrations today.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:26 pm
callaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:04 pm
Um, I believe that would be dingleberry!!
If you detect something and think that’s the case, check your upper lip and wipe better.

I wonder if the side-line Dumbos busted out any new team celebrations today.
If you say so choochooDinglie!! Hahahaha!!
choochooCharlie

callaxfraud wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 am If you say so choochooDinglie!!
:roll: How very classy of you. This is what the NESCAC fan base is reduced to? Sad, this year, while down isn’t that bad. Comeon, keep your head up. Y’all should be watching the Masters in a club-house somewhere, not speaking as though you just brushed your tooth and are headed out to the barn for work. One observation about Middlebury’s weak season, an arrogant coach, or bad taste sideline cellys, and this place devolves into chaos where people like callaxdad are most comfortable.

#downyear #callaxfraud #1bid?
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:09 am
callaxfraud wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 am If you say so choochooDinglie!!
:roll: How very classy of you. This is what the NESCAC fan base is reduced to? Sad, this year, while down isn’t that bad. Comeon, keep your head up. Y’all should be watching the Masters in a club-house somewhere, not speaking as though you just brushed your tooth and are headed out to the barn for work. One observation about Middlebury’s weak season, an arrogant coach, or bad taste sideline cellys, and this place devolves into chaos where people like callaxdad are most comfortable.

#downyear #callaxfraud #1bid?
Oh no, being lectured on class by choochooD!ckie!! LOL, troll!! Why are you such a miserable, negative person? Tightie whiteys a little too snug?!! Haha.
choochooCharlie

callaxfraud wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:45 am Oh no, being lectured on class by choochooD!ckie!! LOL, troll!! Why are you such a miserable, negative person? Tightie whiteys a little too snug?!! Haha.
:roll: like I said…#fraud
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:58 am
callaxfraud wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:45 am Oh no, being lectured on class by choochooD!ckie!! LOL, troll!! Why are you such a miserable, negative person? Tightie whiteys a little too snug?!! Haha.
:roll: like I said…#fraud
Ok #boofooCharlie!! LMAO!!
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

lets get back to discussing lacrosse.
Bantams roll again.
Breathing on the necks of the 3rd and 4th places of NESCAC.
Not quite time to start talking at large bids, but ...
First things first- wondering if they sneak into top 20 in IL this week.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

bonesnjnts wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:42 pm lets get back to discussing lacrosse.
Bantams roll again.
Breathing on the necks of the 3rd and 4th places of NESCAC.
Not quite time to start talking at large bids, but ...
First things first- wondering if they sneak into top 20 in IL this week.
Trinity getting some W's at the right time for polls votes. They lost to Skidmore and Williams, also fringe poll teams, but those teams have been losers lately. Do pollsters sill have love for Middlebury and York with their mountains of losses? Blocking Trin Trin are teams like Stevenson, Cabrini, Denison, etc. who are racking up massive wins against atrocious conf opponents.
nelaxman

Post by nelaxman »

Trinity will not receive any votes because they're considered a second-tier team. Their recent losses to Williams, Tufts, and Bowdoin were decisive, and they also fell to Skidmore. Their overtime win over Wesleyan, Clarke, West Conn, and Scranton is unlikely to boost their ranking and earn them any consideration for votes. Not unless they have a great finish to the season, then we can talk about votes. The upcoming games against Middlebury and Amherst will be telling. Let’s be honest, Tarnow hasn't been able to elevate Trinity to the top of NESCAC in the past five years, with a win percentage below 45%. They haven't played any legitimate out-of-conference teams like most of the NESCAC teams do. If this trend continues, there are rumors JT might be gone after this year. Parents and alumni not happy with him and how he goes about running a program. Some coaches just can’t figure it out year after year. We will see if he is one of those coaches over the next couple of weeks. If he loses both games, then that answers the question. On another note, Bill Mason from Bowdoin is the real deal; he is running a very successful program and in only his third year completely turned Bowdoin around. They were like Trinity at the bottom most of the time, but he got them into the top four every year since arriving. He is doing it at a less athletic friendly school and up in Maine.Now that is impressive!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”