Hobart 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Hobart 2024

Post by FMUBart »

Bartfromboston wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:07 pm
eldeststatesman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:53 pm I look forward to watching how we rebound this week. I anticipate a full 60min performance out of the statesman.

The positive is that everything is still infront of this team ... expectations are meaningless, the follow through is everything. Excited to watch the statesman compete this weekend!

Hip Hip
Lets go!!
Need to control the X and possess...Richmond is going to score and, as we've seen, Hobart will not win a track meet style game! Gotta believe the team is ready to hit the road and play for a full 60!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Team has already quit in the 1st qtr.

Sick of this s…
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Where is it playing? WEOS isn't carrying it.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm Where is it playing? WEOS isn't carrying it.
On ESPN+. No Ted Baker that I can find.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Found it on ESPN+.. Not much worth watching on the Hobart side. Toss up whether O or D is worse.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm Where is it playing? WEOS isn't carrying it.
On ESPN+ - 14-2 at the half. This is disgraceful.
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Wow. 14-2 at the half. Did Hobart get off the bus?
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Surely there are hungry guys on the bench who can hustle and hit hard. Make the Richmond guys earn the goals.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Fabiola has stepped up
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

At least we scored some goals in the 3rd quarter
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Shame on the coaches for not putting the reserves in when the game was well out of reach. What's the point of keeping starters in there against Richmond's 3 and 4th lines, punishment? There were plenty of guys on the sideline who I'm sure had some pep in their step. Running the 1st line to death is not a formula for winning games.
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Agreed, Oldbartman. The starters must have realized the game was out of reach by halftime and should have expected to be rotated out. There are a lot of guys on the sideline who work hard every day and made the trip to Richmond. They deserve some minutes on the field.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

PDSlax wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:14 pm Agreed, Oldbartman. The starters must have realized the game was out of reach by halftime and should have expected to be rotated out. There are a lot of guys on the sideline who work hard every day and made the trip to Richmond. They deserve some minutes on the field.
Spot on oldbartman; down 16-3 at one point—has to be one of the worse dismantlings of Hobart in decades. Would speculate that the HC has lost the locker room. Oh well, at least they’re going to Italy this summer 🙄
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

I can’t believe coaches kept such a short bench for the entire game. Defense sub’s a bunch in but offense kept the same kids in the entire time. That was one of the sloppiest games I have seen in Hobart lacrosse for many years. The offense could not catch and throw for the first half. And coaches did nothing except the same again and again and again. Ted baker needs to ask some hard questions this week. Why would you not get fresh legs in there?

I’m so confused. I have never coaching like this.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

+1
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

For those who didnt see the game, look at the shots, SOG, and turnovers for our offense. When you see that, you might say, well I am sure that our coaches knew that and made adjustments. Then look at the number of players on the roster sheet under the number 25 (typically offense). For example, Herlihy had 6 shots, zero on goal and a turnover. I was watching on TV so didnt see all the shots but there were a few that looked like from about 25 yards that went nowhere near the goal. Our attack combined had about 15 turnovers. The stat sheet hurts more than watching the game honestly. Well, on to Saint Joe’s, unfortunately probably without seeing one thing change.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

What a mess
So much for guys are going to come out and play 4 full quarters
I know there’s been a lot of debate on this site about the coaching.
I have a simple question in the 10 + years that Raymond has been the HC how many “quality” wins have they had???
Maybe 5-6??? And that’s generous
They are absolutely not competitive with top 30 teams
I know there has been a ton of commentary about the wealth of talented young players …
Are there really?
Patterson , Datellas , Shea
Who else?
Before you answer think about it from a coach’s POV
In the last 10 years how many Hobart players do you think other D1 coaches are thinking “ how did we miss this kid?”
Very few if any
Which of our starters could have started at Syracuse? Cornell? Michigan ? Georgetown?
Very few if any
We continue to have a pretty solid D3 roster
We don’t offer enough financially , academically , facilities etc..to attract he talent that will be competitive
We are a slightly better Wagner, Bonnies , Canisius etc..
Trip to Italy does not solve any of that
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

catchnshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:51 pm What a mess
I have a simple question in the 10 + years that Raymond has been the HC how many “quality” wins have they had???
I know there has been a ton of commentary about the wealth of talented young players …
Are there really?
Who else?
In the last 10 years how many Hobart players do you think other D1 coaches are thinking “ how did we miss this kid?”
Very few if any
Which of our starters could have started at Syracuse? Cornell? Michigan ? Georgetown?
Very few if any
We don’t offer enough financially , academically , facilities etc..to attract he talent that will be competitive
I'm going to differ a bit with you Catch N Shoot. Albeit in a limited way. Hobart finally has athletic scholarships. We have 3 for the '24 roster, 6 for the '25 roster, 9 for the '26 roster and...finally.. the full 12.6 for the '27 roster. This combined with merit aid puts Hobart on a bit more equal footing. As far as academics are concerned, it depends on what the player is looking for. It certainly is hard to compete with big name schools. The idea of riding the bench at Michigan certainly isn't appealing to me. But I'm not a 16-17 year old recruit.
Bartfromboston

Post by Bartfromboston »

oldbartman wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:45 pm
catchnshoot wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:51 pm What a mess
Are there really?
Who else?
Very few if any
Very few if any
I'm going to differ a bit with you Catch N Shoot. Albeit in a limited way. Hobart finally has athletic scholarships. We have 3 for the '24 roster, 6 for the '25 roster, 9 for the '26 roster and...finally.. the full 12.6 for the '27 roster. This combined with merit aid puts Hobart on a bit more equal footing. As far as academics are concerned, it depends on what the player is looking for. It certainly is hard to compete with big name schools. The idea of riding the bench at Michigan certainly isn't appealing to me. But I'm not a 16-17 year old recruit.
I agree. We can recruit against any of the A10 schools except Richmond some of the patriot league but not the major conferences. But that does not make us have d3 players. I will tell you that top level recruits are not going to come to sit behind 5th years and seniors who are not producing. Or come when we are not able to finish games. Recruits watch records and it matters.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”