DMac

Re: Games Today

Post by DMac »

5 min to go, 14-14.

15-14, Ahern.

15-15, Mascone (sp?).

16-15, MARY KELLY DOHERTY...Irish girl.
35 sec to go.

Wow, disastrous TO by Brown after winning the draw.
16-15, ND, final.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:23 pm 5 min to go, 14-14.

15-14, Ahern.

15-15, Mascone (sp?).

16-15, MARY KELLY DOHERTY...Irish girl.
35 sec to go.

Wow, disastrous TO by Brown after winning the draw.
16-15, ND, final.
Wowwww What a crazy season this has been so far I would not think in a million years brown would hang let
Alone take the lead against the Irish It really is going to be interesting to see who’s standing come Memorial Day
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:31 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:15 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:56 am
Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 pm I forget.....has he ever gotten out of the elite 8?
No he hasn't. But let's not pretend he has the same talent level as any of these other top 10 teams. Yes, he gets some great players like Masera, Ohmiller, etc. But he's not getting top ranked recruiting classes year after year like the teams he's competing against. I'm not a fan of his personality at all, but there's no denying the guy can flat out coach.
I tend to agree. He can get it done and he’s a good coach.
Spallina's had some bad luck, too. Taryn Ohlmiller was injured in the game before the 2018 quarterfinal vs BC. No doubt the team missed her 52 goals and 55 assists. I was at the game. Stony Brook choked more than BC won. Of course it didn't help that Spallina shot off his big mouth and predicted a victory over Boston College beforehand, but that's a whole other barrel of blintzes.
I will be curious to follow the first year Caporuscio's career. She seems to come from a rural part of PA but has thus far looked fearless in a starting lineup of a high-level D1 program.
She’s going to be good. Seems they let some freshman play early on and she’s the only real keeper. Good for her.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:02 pm And Rider losing to Presbyterian who has lost every game and only been close against a very bad Xavier team in 5 games.
Broncs storm back for a 17-10 win.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:15 pm These refs are useless and letting this get out of control..
Probably one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Completely out of control to the point of being dangerous. Bad for the sport.
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

Watcher, agreed there were some plays in the 4th quarter that were absolutely brutal. Many resulted in no call or just a restart foul. Multiple plays should have been yellow cards. One of the Princeton girls got absolutely hammered in the back while going for a ground ball late in the game. In the men's game this would have been a penalty resulting in man up situation. This was called as a restart foul, but if between the 30's a green card. Makes no sense.......
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:31 am Watcher, agreed there were some plays in the 4th quarter that were absolutely brutal. Many resulted in no call or just a restart foul. Multiple plays should have been yellow cards. One of the Princeton girls got absolutely hammered in the back while going for a ground ball late in the game. In the men's game this would have been a penalty resulting in man up situation. This was called as a restart foul, but if between the 30's a green card. Makes no sense.......
And yet the refs pretty much ended the game by calling a charge on Princeton that was questionable at best and more likely should have been called a foul on the defense.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Stanford finally get a much needed W

18-12 over Colorado
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:35 pm Stanford finally get a much needed W

18-12 over Colorado
They've now won 5 in a row so not sure what "much needed" implies here. Lost two tight ones to a top 10 and 20 team but otherwise, no blemishes...
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:32 pm

18-12 over Colorado
They've now won 5 in a row so not sure what "much needed" implies here. Lost two tight ones to a top 10 and 20 team but otherwise, no blemishes...
First ranked win of the season that’s all. Doesn’t matter how tight the losses were to the other teams, they needed at least one win over a ranked opponent to act as insurance in case they don’t get an AQ. None of the previous 4 wins would hold any weight - Holy Cross, Vanderbilt, Davidson and Army.

The remaining ranked teams they have scheduled to play are Denver, USC and Stony brook, not saying they can’t get a result in those games, but none are particularly easy.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

any Lindenwood non-believers out there? The Wagon rolls on. Still feels like people aren't fully grasping just how impressive this is..they were a good program in D2 but weren't some unbeatable juggernaut by a long shot. They've only had recent success and 1 championship. Adelphi has always been the class of that division.

Their transition has been seamless. They basically bypassed the bottom half of division 1 within a year. That win over Louisville looks even more impressive now. If anyone gets a chance i recommend you watch them play. Extremely well coached. Great chemistry. geat lacrosse. Jack Cribbin should be on the short list of every program in need of a head coach. He's still in his early 40s. He can do alot with more talent and better resources. He reminds me alot of Spallina but dare i say..maybe better?? idk..
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 pm any Lindenwood non-believers out there? The Wagon rolls on. Still feels like people aren't fully grasping just how impressive this is..they were a good program in D2 but weren't some unbeatable juggernaut by a long shot. They've only had recent success and 1 championship. Adelphi has always been the class of that division.

Their transition has been seamless. They basically bypassed the bottom half of division 1 within a year. That win over Louisville looks even more impressive now. If anyone gets a chance i recommend you watch them play. Extremely well coached. Great chemistry. geat lacrosse. Jack Cribbin should be on the short list of every program in need of a head coach. He's still in his early 40s. He can do alot with more talent and better resources. He reminds me alot of Spallina but dare i say..maybe better?? idk..
I'll admit to be a non-believer pre-season. They definitely keep proving me wrong, that said, their latest win wasn't very impressive. I see two games left on their schedule that could give them trouble, but that's it.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm

18-12 over Colorado
First ranked win of the season that’s all. Doesn’t matter how tight the losses were to the other teams, they needed at least one win over a ranked opponent to act as insurance in case they don’t get an AQ. None of the previous 4 wins would hold any weight - Holy Cross, Vanderbilt, Davidson and Army.

The remaining ranked teams they have scheduled to play are Denver, USC and Stony brook, not saying they can’t get a result in those games, but none are particularly easy.
Agree with laxlaxlax, but I predict USLAXMAG will be the first to jump on the hype train.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:37 am
laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:41 pm

18-12 over Colorado

Agree with laxlaxlax, but I predict USLAXMAG will be the first to jump on the hype train.
Not watching BC game but not seeing Belle Smite stats, Tough year for her.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 pm any Lindenwood non-believers out there? The Wagon rolls on. Still feels like people aren't fully grasping just how impressive this is..they were a good program in D2 but weren't some unbeatable juggernaut by a long shot. They've only had recent success and 1 championship. Adelphi has always been the class of that division.

Depends what you want me to believe in. Are they are middle tier (45-70) D1 team in their 2nd D1 year? Without a doubt.

However, they are more well-funded than pretty much every team they beat. And giving up 12 goals to Detroit Mercy isn't a good look. I think the top couple D2 teams would also perform equally well with the same schedule. Also Lindenwood probably gives more academic merit $$ so lots of lax players are effectivey going there for free.

I think they will finish top 2 or 3 in Asun, but won't win the reg season. But Liberty, CCU and maybe KSU (programs which are funded at similar levels) will play them in some close games.

Agree about Cribbin. My 25 daughter was really impressed with him at camps and he can recruit.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

good battle between ND - BC, ND up 11 - 9 end of 3.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 pm Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
When is last time carolina has a running clock against them ?? Crazy . Not sure what is happening this year ? Chemisty ? Coaching ? Just seems like a lot of turnovers and no one to help carry team on O….
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:42 pm Cuse up 13-3 over UNC. They are scoring for fun now, UNC having a nightmare in the dome
Can we stop pretending UNC is still a top program? Cuse has struggled this season (a lot) and they are beating them by 11.
UNC has all those “top recruits” and can’t beat another “competitive” program. Ortega days are long gone.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

When was the last time UNC got running clocked?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”