2024 NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals At Hofstra & Towson

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

2024 NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals At Hofstra & Towson

Post by gymman1031 »

While I am disappointed the southern half isn't returning to Navy, I am perfectly fine with these two places.
44WeWantMore

Re: 2024 NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals At Hofstra & Towson

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I think there is a UVA poster who can walk to Towson.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
coda

Post by coda »

I would not mind seeing them occassionaly move some games to non-hot bed areas. I dont think it would be a terrible thing to have an event in Dallas, Florida, CA, or Midwest.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

coda wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:36 pm I would not mind seeing them occassionaly move some games to non-hot bed areas. I dont think it would be a terrible thing to have an event in Dallas, Florida, CA, or Midwest.
I understand the sentiment, but travel might be an issue as well as attendance.
molo

Post by molo »

And the walk was even shorter until they put up the new fence thanks to some whiny neighbors!
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

mdk01 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:01 pm
coda wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:36 pm I would not mind seeing them occassionaly move some games to non-hot bed areas. I dont think it would be a terrible thing to have an event in Dallas, Florida, CA, or Midwest.
Since I live in CA, I'd love to see some D1 men's lax on the left coast, but since there are zero teams out here, with zero chance of any schools adding men's lax, it makes zero sense.
coda

Post by coda »

Big Dog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:23 pm
Since I live in CA, I'd love to see some D1 men's lax on the left coast, but since there are zero teams out here, with zero chance of any schools adding men's lax, it makes zero sense.
The reason is to gain exposure for the sport. There are tons of club teams in California. Big areas outside of the norm are probably California, Texas, and Colorado for club teams. Florida/Georgia area heating up also. Gives a lot of new fans a chance to see high level College lacrosse that they almost never get to watch live. Hard to grow the game if every major event is in a 250 mile radius of each other. Not to mention they dont usually pick the most enticing places to plan a vacation around to watch a game or 2
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

coda wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm
The reason is to gain exposure for the sport. There are tons of club teams in California. Big areas outside of the norm are probably California, Texas, and Colorado for club teams. Florida/Georgia area heating up also. Gives a lot of new fans a chance to see high level College lacrosse that they almost never get to watch live. Hard to grow the game if every major event is in a 250 mile radius of each other. Not to mention they dont usually pick the most enticing places to plan a vacation around to watch a game or 2
yeah, I get all that. But it runs into D1 reality: absolutely no college can afford to add men's lax on the west coast. Those men's club teams exist for a reason: cost & T9. Right now the athletic focus is being a Championship division football program when the relegation occurs in 5-6 years. High school football will be banned in CA before any CA Uni adds men's lacrosse.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

coda wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm
It just doesn't make sense for 4 teams to travel 2-3000 miles just so 15-20,000 fans (most of whom are former Northeast and Mid-Atlantic residents) can watch a game live. I've been a fan for 50 years and I've been hearing this for almost 30 years and it doesn't grow the game. Playing the game and adding youth teams grows the game, not two games on a Saturday afternoon. Keep the NCAA games in the hotbeds so real long time fans can go.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”