Re: Games Today

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:14 pm 9-9 17 seconds. Unc ball

OT
Unc wins
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Ingrilli is the goods ... surprising they have not used her more.
Bart

Post by Bart »

That was just a really good goal for the win. Gotta tip your hat and move on.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Just saw the Denver vs Ohio State game. Ohio State started the season with 4 cupcake wins where they outscored their opponents (Robert Morris, Kent State, Youngstown and Akron) 71-18. They play their first tough game against Denver and they get smoked 15-5.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

I don’t know what to make of the uva unc game. Is Iva that good? Is unc that down this year? It was a perplexing game. Unc barely was able to penetrate the uva zone and uva was barely able to win the 1 v 1 matchups against the unc defense. I think that game was a wash in terms of how I think about each team. UVA as a top 20 (check) and unc as a top 10, but definitely not a top 5….
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

PlayNice wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:19 pm ....and then reality set in

SBU 20-9 Final
SBU schedule is a joke!
Every top team has a few cupcakes (more or less depending on the team) on their schedule. Some compulsory (within conference), but others asked and accepted.

The Seawolves have scheduled 2 maybe 3 tough out of conference games this season:

3.5 at Syracuse
3.9 vs Johns Hopkins? (at Charlotte, NC)
3.11 Denver*
4.9 Rutgers?

But this is a noticeably weaker schedule than usual for Stony Brook. I wonder what Spallina's thinking was. Maybe some of it was beyond his control. I know for a fact that some teams just don't like Stony Brook/Joe Spallina and won't entertain the idea of playing them.

*Denver was a late add. They were not scheduled initially.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:39 pm I don’t know what to make of the uva unc game. Is Iva that good? Is unc that down this year? It was a perplexing game. Unc barely was able to penetrate the uva zone and uva was barely able to win the 1 v 1 matchups against the unc defense. I think that game was a wash in terms of how I think about each team. UVA as a top 20 (check) and unc as a top 10, but definitely not a top 5….
I think UVA's defense is very good, the goalie is outstanding and the offense will be up and down. I expect them to have alot of close losses to top ACC teams and win most of the games they should.

I think Alaimo is going to be a star, not sure why they didnt go to her more late.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:29 am
PlayNice wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:19 pm ....and then reality set in

SBU 20-9 Final
SBU schedule is a joke!
Every top team has a few cupcakes (more or less depending on the team) on their schedule. Some compulsory (within conference), but others asked and accepted.

The Seawolves have scheduled 2 maybe 3 tough out of conference games this season:

3.5 at Syracuse
3.9 vs Johns Hopkins? (at Charlotte, NC)
3.11 Denver*
4.9 Rutgers?

But this is a noticeably weaker schedule than usual for Stony Brook. I wonder what Spallina's thinking was. Maybe some of it was beyond his control. I know for a fact that some teams just don't like Stony Brook/Joe Spallina and won't entertain the idea of playing them.

*Denver was a late add. They were not scheduled initially.
Pretty much SBU has a 2 game regular season. Need to be at least one of Cuse and Denver to have any chance of being a top 8 seed. Otherwise, they will play on the road in round of 16.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:27 pm That was just a really good goal for the win. Gotta tip your hat and move on.
Indeed. UVA took 'em deep in the clock, UNC found a sliver, pass was delivered sharply and on the money, shooter placed it past the GK with mustard. Very nice play to win it. Was a good game.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:39 pm I don’t know what to make of the uva unc game. Is Iva that good? Is unc that down this year? It was a perplexing game. Unc barely was able to penetrate the uva zone and uva was barely able to win the 1 v 1 matchups against the unc defense. I think that game was a wash in terms of how I think about each team. UVA as a top 20 (check) and unc as a top 10, but definitely not a top 5….
I would think that you are right. Lamonica's zone was always tough, bordering on constant 3 seconds potential calls. It seems to be working for the hoos. Tough zone will make a good goalie great. I think I saw 2 seeing eye goals by UNC that were desperation shots from very odd angles. Cant fault the goalie on those.

I think UNC is down this year.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Terps v Gators
Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

^^^Some good games there^^^
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 am Terps v Gators
Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

Terps
Duke
Penn
Catholics
Tossup—go We Are
Michigan
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:26 am
Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

Terps
Duke
Penn
Catholics
Tossup—go We Are
Michigan
I expect a near blowout by Michigan. I don’t think it will be close. ND vs Cuse should be good. ND should win.

I’m hopeful for a Clemson win just so Duke can finally pull the trigger on getting a new coach.
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

Terps
Duke
Hopkins
Cuse
Princeton
Go Blue
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

Terps
Duke , but I want Clemson to win
Penn - not on the Hop train just yet and I think Penn is underrated
ND
PSU
Michigan
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This Syracuse-UND game is going to be fun. Anyone else feel like Choma and Ahern have been at Notre Dame for about 25 years?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

user1020 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:42 am
Duke c Clemson
Penn v Hop
Touchdown Jesus v Cuse
We are v Princeton
SC v Meechicken

Terps
Duke , but I want Clemson to win
Penn - not on the Hop train just yet and I think Penn is underrated
ND
PSU
Michigan
watching Cuse-ND game. both teams look quick, ward's 2 TO's not ideal and some dumb cards. Neither goalie has made a save . Not expecting that from the super star Cuse goalie. Cuse back to their swinging ways .....better watch the yellow crds.
They miss the other Tyrell clearly. They dont have that player you have to watch like a hawk fearing what they will do. Ward just isn't that player for them, imo.
Last edited by Madlax59 on Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Gators fighting back
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:23 pm This Syracuse-UND game is going to be fun. Anyone else feel like Choma and Ahern have been at Notre Dame for about 25 years?
Sometimes, but sometimes I can't tell if it's due to the additional press they received in HS as part of the US U19 team, as very highly ranked recruits individually, & as a part of ND's #2 ranked recruiting class. I think we may have been hearing their names longer than most in lacrosse media because of that
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

Is Notre Dame just really good this year or is Syracuse just much worse?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”