Syracuse 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Finster

Re: Syracuse 2024

Post by Finster »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 am Ticket prices at the Dome have gone nuts, seem mighty high to me anyway.
Tickets at the gate for the Maryland game were $27, get two, park your car
and get something from the concession stand and you're in for $100. My, my
how things have changed. $22 for the Gate game, the rest are in that ballpark
too. $5 less if you buy in advance.
Season tickets were $110 (+$10 for a stick it in your asz a little fee) which is
good for all M & W lax games. I aint no fool. Are we the highest is all of the
land for lacrosse tickets???

Utah will beat some teams, they play a pretty good and physical game. Better
than I thought they would be. What a get Kohn was!!
Mark is an incredible GK, wow, is he ever good. Focus on him during an opposing
team possession and watch him follow the ball. That GK is focused!!

Take four 14 year old girls to a Taylor Swift concert at The Meadowlands and get back to me. The merchandise is the gravy on top. Thankfully none wanted food.

The real kicker is we could have resold our six tickets and easily cleared $10k profit.
genghiskhanbluejay

Post by genghiskhanbluejay »

Finster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:20 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 am Ticket prices at the Dome have gone nuts, seem mighty high to me anyway.
Season tickets were $110 (+$10 for a stick it in your asz a little fee) which is

Take four 14 year old girls to a Taylor Swift concert at The Meadowlands and get back to me. The merchandise is the gravy on top. Thankfully none wanted food.

The real kicker is we could have resold our six tickets and easily cleared $10k profit.
Thanks for the post, I have daughters too, Schadenfreude just kicked in and i enjoyed your pain
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

Impartial fan here – a few outside observations.

I have really enjoyed watching this Syracuse offense zip the ball around, the face off unit & wings look great and Will Mark makes saves that he has no business making. The main questions look to remain their settled defense, and who else is going to initiate the offense.

Spallina is a great initiator and watching him vs. Zapitello was awesome lacrosse. Outside of Spallina, this offense cannot initiate with their attack. I don’t know if Mule benefited from Scott Cole getting the number 1 pole most games, but he does not seem to be the dodging threat SU might have hoped for. He is a great off ball player, but not necessarily going to beat his guy to the goal.

I am curious with all the midfield depth if anyone sees Leo/Rhoa/Birtwistle sliding down to attack. Spallina already plays the right point on attack, and could play the right wing interchangeably with the 3rd attackmen, leaving Hiltz on the left. My concern for Syracuse would be expecting teams to double pole the midfield, in which case either Hiltz or Mule need to be able to beat their man.

Curious if others feel differently and I am very excited to continue watching this team win!
OldOrange

Post by OldOrange »

DTL94 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 pm Impartial fan here – a few outside observations.

I have really enjoyed watching this Syracuse offense zip the ball around, the face off unit & wings look great and Will Mark makes saves that he has no business making. The main questions look to remain their settled defense, and who else is going to initiate the offense.

Spallina is a great initiator and watching him vs. Zapitello was awesome lacrosse. Outside of Spallina, this offense cannot initiate with their attack. I don’t know if Mule benefited from Scott Cole getting the number 1 pole most games, but he does not seem to be the dodging threat SU might have hoped for. He is a great off ball player, but not necessarily going to beat his guy to the goal.

I am curious with all the midfield depth if anyone sees Leo/Rhoa/Birtwistle sliding down to attack. Spallina already plays the right point on attack, and could play the right wing interchangeably with the 3rd attackmen, leaving Hiltz on the left. My concern for Syracuse would be expecting teams to double pole the midfield, in which case either Hiltz or Mule need to be able to beat their man.

Curious if others feel differently and I am very excited to continue watching this team win!
I wouldn't move any of the middies down. If the mids get double poled then the attack get set big/little picks behind to get a shorty stuck on Spillina. Plus, I think both Mule and Hiltz could take advantage of a shorty.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

DTL94 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 pm

Nice first post, welcome to the board.

I personally don't see any moves being made, but it's still early in the season. I think for Spallina to be at his most efficient, he needs to run with another X attackman to free him up on the wings. I think Mule is the best bet they have on the team for that role. Rhoa is a pure midfielder who attacks the goal from up top. Birtwistle, I have advocated for being moved to attack, but coaches have never once played him there, and right now he's more of a finisher/crease guy. I think he would take the same place on the field as Spallina. Leo is the intriguing choice, but he's more of a wing dodger, and I think as long as he's drawing short sticks, the staff is happy for him to exploit that. If that changes, then maybe they move him to attack with Mule out of the box. I think the issue with that is he occupies a lot of the same field space as Hiltz. I think the best course of action is to hope Mule just plays a little bit better than he has been.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

My first game back to the dome since new lid. You’re right on todays pricing. $15 game tix. Does that mean they’re now using special pricing for big games? $20 parking (not easy on a weekday), $10.50 LaBatts (no craft beers), $5 dog. As a collector of game tickets and programs I’m sorry to see the end of the paper era.Sorry to see the posters of former players missing from the corridors. New LED light above top row of seats instead of roof was an eye burner. New roof scoreboard has plenty of data. Can’t go wrong with P troughs.
IMG_6252.jpeg
IMG_6252.jpeg (66.45 KiB) Viewed 956 times
IMG_6249.jpeg
IMG_6249.jpeg (140.7 KiB) Viewed 956 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yeah, prices vary for games, think they're always five bucks higher at the gate.
I prefer the ticket too and the paperless "ticket" sure as hell doesn't speed things up. Am not
a fan of the new system.
Why would you take the pictures off the walls in there???? There were some really good ones.
Lighting definitely takes some getting used to, they can be too bright. Scoreboard is cool.
I stopped visiting the concession stand years ago except for a cup of coffee ($3.50), those prices
have gone nuts.
You need to hook up with us at the watering hole before the Army game if you're going. Ride over
with us and your parking is free (not a better spot either), twenty bucks to park is nuts. Only catch
there is, you've got to tolerate us for a couple of hours (although we can be highly entertaining). If
you're going, PM me.
molo

Post by molo »

SU has gotten off to an impressive start, demolishing some weaker teams and going tie to toe with Maryland, who may not be as good as the 2022 team but definitely look like a potential MDWE team. Army West Point looks like the class if the Patriot League. How does the top team in the PL stack up against the number three or four team in the ACC. I’m anticipating another game like the Maryland game with the hosts prevailing this time. If only we could get Ryan Powell on color!
lorin

Post by lorin »

molo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:48 pm SU has gotten off to an impressive start, demolishing some weaker teams and going tie to toe with Maryland, who may not be as good as the 2022 team but definitely look like a potential MDWE team. Army West Point looks like the class if the Patriot League. How does the top team in the PL stack up against the number three or four team in the ACC. I’m anticipating another game like the Maryland game with the hosts prevailing this time. If only we could get Ryan Powell on color!
I am curious to see if they put a shortie on Mule or Hiltz?
Finster

Post by Finster »

lorin wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:46 am
molo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:48 pm SU has gotten off to an impressive start, demolishing some weaker teams and going tie to toe with Maryland, who may not be as good as the 2022 team but definitely look like a potential MDWE team. Army West Point looks like the class if the Patriot League. How does the top team in the PL stack up against the number three or four team in the ACC. I’m anticipating another game like the Maryland game with the hosts prevailing this time. If only we could get Ryan Powell on color!
I am curious to see if they put a shortie on Mule or Hiltz?

I'd keep your eye on the FO dot as well. If Syracuse's Kohn or Army's Coletti goes for 60%+, I'm fairly sure that will tell you who wins this game. Anything inside 60%-40%, I think this match goes OT. Two very good teams all over the field.

Maryland's Weirman went 55% versus Kohn and Mullen, inside the 60% line, and of course the game spun on an OT goal. Should be a great game.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

SU's ssdms will be very busy today covering Army middies. Some big cannons from up top.

Cuse could use Stevens without a doubt. Not sure he's back from injury.

Re FOGOs... don't wear Kohn out. Give Mullin some PT as well.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 am SU's ssdms will be very busy today covering Army middies. Some big cannons from up top.

Highly likely SU is going to double pole the midfield. Can't allow Morin or Plunkett to draw a shorty. Stevens is questionable for tonight, unclear if he will play.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:09 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 am SU's ssdms will be very busy today covering Army middies. Some big cannons from up top.

Highly likely SU is going to double pole the midfield. Can't allow Morin or Plunkett to draw a shorty. Stevens is questionable for tonight, unclear if he will play.
You're probably correct! I like both Alexo's and Wright's chances. Wright a fortuitous transfer in deed.

Shame if Stevens doesn't soon get back!
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Looks like Syracuse is building back. I love it!! I like the Syracuse, Cornell, UMD, Hopkins, Uva historic powers maintaining quality. Just have to get Navy back up there.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:16 am Looks like Syracuse is building back. I love it!! I like the Syracuse, Cornell, UMD, Hopkins, Uva historic powers maintaining quality. Just have to get Navy back up there.
Navy has been replaced by Army.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Turnandrake wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:23 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:16 am Looks like Syracuse is building back. I love it!! I like the Syracuse, Cornell, UMD, Hopkins, Uva historic powers maintaining quality. Just have to get Navy back up there.
Navy has been replaced by Army.
Navy with 17 all time natties and 2 ncaa runner ups has the pedigree. Needs to step up
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Good luck to Syracuse and Army tonight. Watching these NY rivalries like the Cornell/Hobart game last night, and on April 2nd Cornell/Syracuse, just showcases some of the great lacrosse being played in upstate NY.

Tonight's Syracuse/Army game has all the makings of a last possession winner.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Agree on giving Mullen a few more. Kohn is great but take more advantage of having two excellent logos.

Prefer Caccamo up top over Wright if you double pole mids and short stick a attackman

Cuse could have won Terp game, that loss has them needing this game more.

Had Army ranked higher than most in preseason threads and possible FF team , surviving UMass had me questioning but Army a good team and clearly cream of the weaker Patriot league .

Cuse has the talent where most neede at goalie and face-off to counter Army duo, at ssdm Rice is strong dm and Levine appears to be emerging as capable 2nd.

Be Cuse sixth game of season and should be prepared and refined by now to win a close one at home against a top ten team to validate their ranking.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Cuse favored by four, high line but this is a game that they should win if they are truly back as contender as many including myself believe.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

stupefied wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:42 pm Agree on giving Mullen a few more. Kohn is great but take more advantage of having two excellent logos.

Prefer Caccamo up top over Wright if you double pole mids and short stick a attackman

Cuse could have won Terp game, that loss has them needing this game more.

Had Army ranked higher than most in preseason threads and possible FF team , surviving UMass had me questioning but Army a good team and clearly cream of the weaker Patriot league .

Cuse has the talent where most neede at goalie and face-off to counter Army duo, at ssdm Rice is strong dm and Levine appears to be emerging as capable 2nd.

Be Cuse sixth game of season and should be prepared and refined by now to win a close one at home against a top ten team to validate their ranking.
I think its clear after losing the Maryland game this is a big game for Cuse, not a must win but pretty close to it. This is cleary Gait's best squad in his 3 year tenure but they need a Top 10 OOC win for tourney purposes and I think overall to show the program is getting back to where they want to be.

Army's a very good team, I wouldn't read much into the Umass game, they seem to play a close game every year. I think their Goalie has some questions but they have a lock down close guy and the SSDM tandem is pretty good. Their offense is probably the best Alberici has had at least the top 6, though they probably had other squads with more overall O depth. Colletti makes them super dangerous because if he's winning 60-65% + your in major trouble.

I suspect a very close game unless one team for some reason starts dominating at the X or is turning it over a crazy amount.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”