Army @ Cuse, 2/14, 1600 hrs.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Army @ Cuse, 2/14, 1600 hrs.

Post by DMac »

A nice Valentine's Day gift, wlax in the Dome, make it a date.
Didn't see the Cuse-Northwestern game, was quite surprised by the outcome, didn't think Cuse would be able to hang with the force that is Northwestern but they did, actually beat 'em 13-10 in the last three quarters (make their FPSs and they win it).
Watched most of the Army-USC game, wasn't overly impressed by Army (Duffy is a whirlwind, non stop moving machine who is everywhere), think this might be a tough homecoming for Michelle. Gotta figure the Cuse girls are going to want this one to grab their first W and rid themselves of the funk of that L from the first one.
Very much looking forward to seeing the girls play, anxious to see what this team looks like.
This one is on ACCNX.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Army @ Cuse, 2/14, 1600 hrs.

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I think Michele will always have "depth envy" when she plays teams of Syracuse's caliber, and that should tell in this game. But I do love watching Duffy play -- just an endless motor and a warrior heart.

Hope to hear from you after the game, with reports from the crowd and your inevitable meetings with Mrs. R.U. Effinuts.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Mrs. Effinnuts......every time I see a coat hanging on the backrest of the bleachers I think of her.
All I can ever think is, are you efin' nuts?????? Not thinkin' she'll need to "save" some seats at the
the wlax game but I kinda hope she does. :lol:
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

I love to see Army doing so well and BD is super fun to watch. There is great women's lacrosse throughout division 1. I am a huge fan, but pump the breaks on top 15 and beating Loyola for the Patriot. Loyola is just a much better team with better players that fit their system with great coaches. One great player does not beat Loyola, it takes teams with 5 great players to compete with Loyola. I can not wait to watch Army vs Cuse and hope Army hangs, but I predict a running clock before the half. Cuse coming off a loss and playing in the Dome should lead to 13+ goals by half.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

laxdadpat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 am I love to see Army doing so well and BD is super fun to watch. There is great women's lacrosse throughout division 1. I am a huge fan, but pump the breaks on top 15 and beating Loyola for the Patriot. Loyola is just a much better team with better players that fit their system with great coaches. One great player does not beat Loyola, it takes teams with 5 great players to compete with Loyola. I can not wait to watch Army vs Cuse and hope Army hangs, but I predict a running clock before the half. Cuse coming off a loss and playing in the Dome should lead to 13+ goals by half.
13+ and running clock by half seems excessive to me. However I do think Cuse will win with not too much trouble.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxdadpat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 am I love to see Army doing so well and BD is super fun to watch. There is great women's lacrosse throughout division 1. I am a huge fan, but pump the breaks on top 15 and beating Loyola for the Patriot. Loyola is just a much better team with better players that fit their system with great coaches. One great player does not beat Loyola, it takes teams with 5 great players to compete with Loyola.
I agree. I think the Cuse/Loyola game this year could be a very interesting one.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

If I was asked to set a line for this game, I'd make it

Syracuse -7-1/2

That means Army can't lose by 8 or more if you took Army. Syracuse would have to win by 8 or more if you chose Syracuse.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:12 pm If I was asked to set a line for this game, I'd make it

Syracuse -7-1/2

That means Army can't lose by 8 or more if you took Army. Syracuse would have to win by 8 or more if you chose Syracuse.
It might be an 8 goal game by half....6-1 in the first Q
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:27 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:12 pm If I was asked to set a line for this game, I'd make it

Syracuse -7-1/2

Initial thoughts - Army's D is not good enough to compete with a Cuse.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Syracuse -7-1/2

11-2 with 11 minutes in the half....running clock a certainty
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

Cuse does not run it up on their alumni opposing coaches. They are tough in the dome.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

My girl Nat Smith is just tearing it up for the Orange already this year. The kid is a beast and she is tough as nails. Let's go #15!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Syracuse -7-1/2

Army drops considerably in my estimation after this loss. And to think there was a sentiment that Army could possibly challenge for the Patriot this year. As hmmm mentioned in another thread, Army isn't as good as the hype/hope surrounding them after last years success.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:07 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Syracuse -7-1/2

Army drops considerably in my estimation after this loss. And to think there was a sentiment that Army could possibly challenge for the Patriot this year. As hmmm mentioned in another thread, Army isn't as good as the hype/hope surrounding them after last years success.
BD is a star....but as someone on here mentioned (referring to Loyola), to win at the highest level, you need 5 scorers (in fact I heard this on the JMU/VT broadcast yesterday). They don't. Plus their defense was not good yesterday.

Unless somethings change, Loyola shouldn't fear the black kaniggits...
DMac

Post by DMac »

First time seeing the Cuse girls play, sure looked to me as if there's a lot to like about this year's team. Sweitzer looking strong in the cage, made some nice saves, did a nice job on clears too. Her sister played a pretty good game as well, had a nice goal that takes some good stick handling ability to score, was the right shot to take if you have the ability too. Am sure the poster here who would rather the Sweitzer sisters be shipped out was disappointed in their play.
Nattie and Maddy both assuming bigger roles and being more aggressive getting to the cage. Both have always had the ability, both have the right mindset this year. Both playing good D as well. Nattie is so pesky, quick feet, tough to get away from. Maddy uses her length beautifully, when she gets that stick out at arm's length she cuts off of passing lanes, also plays mighty tough 1v1 D. I'm sick about her hopping off the field after twisting her ankle. Her speed is such a huge asset and big part of her game that an ankle injury is really going to affect her game, and not for the better. No way, imho, she's 100% for the Maryland game (if she's able to go at all). Payton Rowley, a previously unknown to me, is a sweet player around the cage. Very comfortable around the crease (or is it a circle in wlax?), good instincts and puts the ball past the GK when she gets a look at the cage. Nice player. Adamson is just flat out good too. Emma W is Emma W, good luck containing her.
Goodale is worth her weight in gold, just a very tough and outstanding player (drew two charges on top of everything she does too). The freshman Benoit is a mighty fine looking D player, all 5'3" of her. Effective in the clear game too.
There's a whole lot more but that's enough. Was pretty pleased with what I saw all in all (DCs are going to be big trouble for Cuse).
Oh, and Nattie buried her FPS just the way she should from a good hash. Pretty shot about 180 mph right under the pipe.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Thanks DMac. Yes, pretty happy and little surprised by this relative beatdown. A real opponent over the weekend, no?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, very anxious to see Cuse v a different level of competition.
Cuse is a good looking team, lot of speed out there, get the ball
downfield quickly, sharp passes, good stick handlers, ball moves
quickly, unselfish play, taking good shots, making the right plays.
13 of 18 goals assisted, gotta like that.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”