Spring Scrimmages

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MidwestSharp

Re: Spring Scrimmages

Post by MidwestSharp »

D2fan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:29 pm
lax1983 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:53 am I saw Mercyhurst was beating Denison 6-5 at half time. I'm not sure what the final was.
Was told Mercyhurst was up by 5 when starters were pulled.
Many Denison starters did not play in the Mercyhurst game after a full game vs Cleveland St
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

I think I heard that W&L is scrimmaging with UNC and Drexel this weekend.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

:D
Last edited by SKUD on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

With both W&L and Lynchburg playing tomorrow, it will definitely be a day to show ODAC supremacy over all conferences and divisions. Name a more complete conference… I'll wait.
KnowingWizardofODAC

With both W&L and Lynchburg playing tomorrow, it will definitely be a day to show ODAC supremacy over all conferences and divisions. Name a more complete conference… I'll wait.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:33 pm With both W&L and Lynchburg playing tomorrow, it will definitely be a day to show ODAC supremacy over all conferences and divisions. Name a more complete conference… I'll wait.
Do 2 good teams make a complete conference? If 2 teams is the measuring stick, CLC, Liberty, Centennial, Landmark and NESCAC are better.
KnowingWizardofODAC

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:33 pm With both W&L and Lynchburg playing tomorrow, it will definitely be a day to show ODAC supremacy over all conferences and divisions. Name a more complete conference… I'll wait.
Do 2 good teams make a complete conference? If 2 teams is the measuring stick, CLC, Liberty, Centennial, Landmark and NESCAC are better.
I don’t think you really follow college lacrosse if you believe that could be factual. The ODAC is by far thee most dominant conference top to bottom, there are 5 times easily in top 20 by the end and 3 that are on the cusp. Read up bud.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:09 pm
I don’t think you really follow college lacrosse if you believe that could be factual. The ODAC is by far thee most dominant conference top to bottom, there are 5 times easily in top 20 by the end and 3 that are on the cusp. Read up bud.
I love the ODAC. But 5 teams in the top 20? Did some new teams join the ODAC this year?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

List them…
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

While you are at it, list all of the national titles that the odac has won since playoffs begin!
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

KnowingWizard you are out of the penalty box? How many profiles do you have now? Nescac. Tufts 19-4 over Lynchburg.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

If we were ranking conferences. I would put the ODAC in the top 5

Off the top of my head for this year (I could be missing some)

NASCAC
Centennial
Liberty
MAC

ODAC would probably be the next. Or maybe C2C
goaliedad

Post by goaliedad »

you can not put centennial above liberty , its really not close look at the tournament results
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:43 am If we were ranking conferences. I would put the ODAC in the top 5

Off the top of my head for this year (I could be missing some)

NASCAC
Centennial
Liberty
MAC

ODAC would probably be the next. Or maybe C2C
MAC combined has 3, maybe 4 good teams. York, Stevens, Stevenson and maybe DeSales.

CLC (best 2 teams in D3)
Liberty
Centennial
NESCAC
Landmark
MACS
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Agree with laxattack.

Back to scrimmages.
Sounds like W&L had a good showing. 16-3 after 3 is 💪

LYN bench against CNU bench playing now 3Q’s.
LYN starters vs UVA
CNU starters vs Penn 2:30
Anyone there with updates?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 pm
I love the ODAC. But 5 teams in the top 20? Did some new teams join the ODAC this year?
I agree with LAJ, its daydreaming to say the ODAC is the top conference in D3, daydreaming. The NESCAC and Centennial, at the very least, are much better than the ODAC. ODAC has way too many weak teams at the bottom, to overcome any good teams at the top.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

valaxfan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:32 am
I agree with LAJ, its daydreaming to say the ODAC is the top conference in D3, daydreaming. The NESCAC and Centennial, at the very least, are much better than the ODAC. ODAC has way too many weak teams at the bottom, to overcome any good teams at the top.

valaxfan
Nailed it, any additional color on yesterday’s scrimmage. Sounds like the Generals had a strong showing. Saw they posted the 2024 roster. Not sure 🤔 if it’s significant but they don’t show Cohen and Beatty as Ssdm’s . Between their point totals ( particularly their assists) and 100 plus ground balls, shut down D I’m hoping they stay in those roles they are just too good. Can’t see them impacting the game anymore than they did last season as Ssdm. Unless they are 35 to 45 pt players each on an offensive line they are invaluable defensively. Nothing more deflating for an opponent than to see their offense get stripped and a break the other way for a goal . Devastating
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 am

valaxfan
Last edited by valaxfan on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 am

valaxfan
Nailed it, any additional color on yesterday’s scrimmage. Sounds like the Generals had a strong showing. Saw they posted the 2024 roster. Not sure 🤔 if it’s significant but they don’t show Cohen and Beatty as Ssdm’s . Between their point totals ( particularly their assists) and 100 plus ground balls, shut down D I’m hoping they stay in those roles they are just too good. Can’t see them impacting the game anymore than they did last season as Ssdm. Unless they are 35 to 45 pt players each on an offensive line they are invaluable defensively. Nothing more deflating for an opponent than to see their offense get stripped and a break the other way for a goal . Devastating
Dehunt, you cannot use the same post, on 2 different threads, that doesn't make any sense.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Is that contrary to the rules of engagement

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”