Top Attack units D1

D1 Womens Lacrosse
NULax2

Top Attack units D1

Post by NULax2 »

intheknow247

Re: Top Attack units D1

Post by intheknow247 »

NULax2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:21 pm IMO, #3 & 4 are questionable..

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tack/62485
ND unit boasts 214G and 113A which is tops among all of the units measured. And stats are taken with a grain of salt.

Since ND is questionable to you, who are you replacing them with?
SU-LAXAHOLIC

Post by SU-LAXAHOLIC »

I’ll put Syracuse over Stony Brooke and ND and while BC has great attack on paper 2 of the 3 players they have listed have zero game experience together.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

SU-LAXAHOLIC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:08 pm I’ll put Syracuse over Stony Brooke and ND and while BC has great attack on paper 2 of the 3 players they have listed have zero game experience together.
Northwestern and bc and notre dame are a cut above any other attack unit this year. Cuse lost the best attacker they’ve had since Kayla Treanor. They aren’t going to be close to what they were. Unc has injuries. Stony brook? What?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

I thought the Stony Brook offense was just Ellie Masera.
SU-LAXAHOLIC

Post by SU-LAXAHOLIC »

I don’t think the Syracuse attack will drop off much at all Ward is a top 3 passer in the game in my eyes the best but I’m bias. Tyrrell and Adamson are duel threat attackers and there is most definitely a freshman showing a lot of potential
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

The questions around BC are legit. Tons of talent, can they create a unit?

And just reminding folks that ND’s OOC schedule is highly favorable to racking up stats.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

SU-LAXAHOLIC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:12 pm I don’t think the Syracuse attack will drop off much at all Ward is a top 3 passer in the game in my eyes the best but I’m bias. Tyrrell and Adamson are duel threat attackers and there is most definitely a freshman showing a lot of potential
I agree 100% with everything you said. I think it’s absolutely hilarious how so many posters on here think Syracuse’s offense will be so much worse without Meaghan Tyrrell leading them; stating how she was one of the best offensive players ever. I agree that was she was an all-time great but it’s just humorous to me because I distinctly remember lots of posters on here saying that she didn’t even deserve to be a tewaaraton finalist and now they’re all changing their tune stating cuse will be lost without her. I think the Emmas will lead the offense just fine.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

ultravisitor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:54 pm I thought the Stony Brook offense was just Ellie Masera.
Guess you were wrong, huh? :lol:
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:14 pm The questions around BC are legit. Tons of talent, can they create a unit?

And just reminding folks that ND’s OOC schedule is highly favorable to racking up stats.
AWW has history of bringing players together so if there is a team that Clark, LoPinto, et al can come together, it will be this squad.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Meh. No one is really reading IL's articles in a serious manner. I really don't know how they come up with these, but maybe that's just me.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

intheknow247 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:48 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:14 pm The questions around BC are legit. Tons of talent, can they create a unit?

AWW has history of bringing players together so if there is a team that Clark, LoPinto, et al can come together, it will be this squad.
BC offense will gel just fine just like it did with ball dominant players like North and Medjid. Lopinto and Davis are pass first low attackers and you have great on field senior leadership and very good coaching. BC will have their most balanced attack that they have had in years. As a defensive coordinator who do you key on?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:04 pm

BC offense will gel just fine just like it did with ball dominant players like North and Medjid. Lopinto and Davis are pass first low attackers and you have great on field senior leadership and very good coaching. BC will have their most balanced attack that they have had in years. As a defensive coordinator who do you key on?
Who does a DC key on. Great question and great point.

Mckenna Davis
Belle Smith
Kayla Martello
Cassidy Weeks
Rachel Clark
Emma LoPinto

Good luck.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:56 am Meh. No one is really reading IL's articles in a serious manner. I really don't know how they come up with these, but maybe that's just me.
If I asked the writer from IL who was the second attacker on ECU, she would be stumped. And that comes exactly one week after they included ECU as a team to watch. They are clueless. Only people who take that serious are the parent of the kids they mention in it.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:26 pm
Lax101 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:04 pm

Who does a DC key on. Great question and great point.

Mckenna Davis
Belle Smith
Kayla Martello
Cassidy Weeks
Rachel Clark
Emma LoPinto

Good luck.
[/quot

It’s not who you key on, it’s how you match up. Rachel Clark? Force left. Davis, do not allow entry pass … and I am a lax parent sitting on my couch. I am sure many defensive coordinator’s are more than capable of putting a game plan together for this line up. The question is the execution.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

It is a match up nightmare when you have a balanced attacking squad 5 of which are All Americans that are very physically gifted. It is much easier to stop teams with 2 key offensive threats. Do you have the personnel to stop Clarks dodges, feeds and dodges from behind the cage, big athletic bodies cutting and dynamic middies. If you cant match up physically the execution piece is very much at risk especially if playing man defense. Same is true of NU and UNC. Few teams can physically match up with their offensive athleticism and skill.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Deacon022 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:12 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:56 am Meh. No one is really reading IL's articles in a serious manner. I really don't know how they come up with these, but maybe that's just me.
If I asked the writer from IL who was the second attacker on ECU, she would be stumped. And that comes exactly one week after they included ECU as a team to watch. They are clueless. Only people who take that serious are the parent of the kids they mention in it.
I couldn’t agree more! Lazy reporting with zero digging. I miss the better analysis we see with college football—would be amazing to see in women’s lacrosse. Alas, only the families of players care at this point, so it won’t happen.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”