Preseason All-Americans

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Gullsby1000

Re: Preseason All-Americans

Post by Gullsby1000 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:47 pm A little surprised D3 preseason AA list hasn’t been released yet. With the IL D1 being posted today, I would expect the D3 one to be within the next couple of days. Anyone want to list their thoughts on who they think will be first team? Taking a stab at it I’d go

Attack
Jude Brown (Salisbury)
Luke Kammerman (Roanoke)
Will Byrne (Bowdoin)

Midfield
Andrew Cook (CNU)
Jack Dowd (Salisbury)
Riley Mitchell (Lynchburg)

Defense
Mike Grace (RIT)
Ryan Young (CNU)
Joey Waldbaum (Tufts)

Fogo
John McKee (Dickinson)

SSDM
Zach Goorno (Bowdoin)
Elliot Cohen (W&L)

Goalie
Zac Hanway (CNU)

Thoughts?? Could have done four players for A/M but tried to keep it honest.
The only two things you can really argue on this list is the Face-Off spot and not having John Defazio.. Paddy Condon(SLU) and Warner Cabbanis(CNU) have been exceptional and I would personally put one of them as the 1st teamer. Cabbanis is a 2x AA(2nd in ‘22 & 3rd in ‘23) and he went over 50% against Dickinson just last year. Condon is coming off a 2nd team AA year. McKee is great so I’m sure there is an argument for him as well.

Other than that I think this list is flawless. So many great players in D3 this year and I already can’t wait for the games to start piling in.
Watch out for Blake Malamphy- Salisbury FO guy. Big year for him. I don't think McKee has what it takes to be an all American vs his opponents this year. Salisbury Unit is looking really strong. LSM wise, Alex St. John (high point transfer) has been doing great. Don't sleep on the gulls, definitely making it to championship weekend in may.
satstorm

Post by satstorm »

Gullsby1000 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:14 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:47 pm A little surprised D3 preseason AA list hasn’t been released yet. With the IL D1 being posted today, I would expect the D3 one to be within the next couple of days. Anyone want to list their thoughts on who they think will be first team? Taking a stab at it I’d go

Attack
Jude Brown (Salisbury)
Luke Kammerman (Roanoke)
Will Byrne (Bowdoin)

Midfield
Andrew Cook (CNU)
Jack Dowd (Salisbury)
Riley Mitchell (Lynchburg)

Defense
Mike Grace (RIT)
Ryan Young (CNU)
Joey Waldbaum (Tufts)

Fogo
John McKee (Dickinson)

SSDM
Zach Goorno (Bowdoin)
Elliot Cohen (W&L)

Goalie
Zac Hanway (CNU)

Thoughts?? Could have done four players for A/M but tried to keep it honest.
The only two things you can really argue on this list is the Face-Off spot and not having John Defazio.. Paddy Condon(SLU) and Warner Cabbanis(CNU) have been exceptional and I would personally put one of them as the 1st teamer. Cabbanis is a 2x AA(2nd in ‘22 & 3rd in ‘23) and he went over 50% against Dickinson just last year. Condon is coming off a 2nd team AA year. McKee is great so I’m sure there is an argument for him as well.

Other than that I think this list is flawless. So many great players in D3 this year and I already can’t wait for the games to start piling in.
Watch out for Blake Malamphy- Salisbury FO guy. Big year for him. I don't think McKee has what it takes to be an all American vs his opponents this year. Salisbury Unit is looking really strong. LSM wise, Alex St. John (high point transfer) has been doing great. Don't sleep on the gulls, definitely making it to championship weekend in may.

Who was sleeping on the Gulls?
richard

Post by richard »

unless they have 12-13 all americas you’re sleeping on them. :lol:
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

richard wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:14 pm unless they have 12-13 all americas you’re sleeping on them. :lol:
Most years they really are carrying 9-10 old-school, legit AAs. In 2003, I forget how many they officially had, but the Whittier semifinal was billed as the ACTUAL NC. I drove down to the shore to catch it. Gulls whooped us, wanted to see them in a real test. Poets had those slick Canadian attackmen, the LSM (forget his name), bunch of other "AAs". Gulls ROLLED. I wouldn't have taken any of the Whittier AAs over the unheralded Gulls players.

We had a kid on the 2012 squad, John McSorely. Tough, Ridley breed close D. Skilled. Great size. Garnered 1st team AA. I think the world of his game. Again I drove down to the shore, again I watched the Gulls dismantle my colors. John competed his butt off, but dude, there were a couple poles on the Gulls roster operating sans accolades that outplayed him.

My experience watching Salisbury compete over the years, mostly against my school, but probably 10-15 others, I don't know if we need an LOL on that comment. It's just how Berkman recruits and develops.
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

2laxers wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:33 pm
Olddawg83 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:20 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:28 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:22 pm Preseason list is finally out… RIT and Tufts with 4 first-teamers each. CNU with most selections at 9.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ions/62487
That would make sense if he wasn’t 3rd team on the USILA list
Now let’s argue about who was snubbed/disrespected :D
Dylan Hanley from Western New England had 122 points last year and is no where to be found on the IL list
Probably because WNE hasn't poster their roster and he was senior last year. Only people who knew he was coming back are connected to the team somehow.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”