Re: Starts dates for D3 teams

Post by laxdad1434 »

ChopMan23 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:20 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:19 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:12 am
pcowlax wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:12 am
Jumbo wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:56 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:33 pm As has been said, what difference really is there between college lacrosse and football and basketball? I love seeing the results of the annual pre-season Ohio St. vs Mt. Union scrimmage.
Is this sarcasm? NCAA football and basketball are saturated with teams. The best players go D1. Lacrosse only has 75 D1 programs. Top level kids end up at better D3 programs than low level D1.
Yes Jumbo, this is sarcasm. There were some ignorant clowns on here who think the discrepancy in play between D1 and D3 is the same for lacrosse as it is for football and basketball. Data pint #2,957 why this is asinine is that D3 teams not only scrimmage D1 teams, they scrimmage top level D1 teams. Of course no D3 team could beat UVA or Penn but the talent is comparable enough that those D1 powers feel it is worth their while and good training to play top D3 teams. In football, the worst FBS team, let's say my home state UConn, would so thrash the D3 champ that it would be literally physically unsafe to even play the game.
Cortland, North Central, Wartburg would beat Stony Brook, Western Illinois, The Citadel...But that was never the point.
The point was there's a reason for different divisions. In most cases, the kids, are bigger, faster, stronger in all D1 sports.
I guess we will find out this weekend. Several D3 teams will be scrimmaging D1 teams. As for bigger faster stronger. Not sure when you get this from. It all comes down to how much training is happening. Top level D3 teams are on the field and in the weight room as often as D1 programs. I have many friends with kids playing at all levels. The top level teams from all divisions have similar schedules and routines. It’s not like 10 years ago, when D3 was a spring sport and D1 was year round. Even college club programs are year round now
Not sure? Come on...I don't know where you're from, but go watch a D1 game in person and tell me you don't see the difference. As far as workouts, all of the players work hard for the most part, at all levels. Some kids just aren't as good as others no matter how hard they try.

There's are reason for the different divisions. Why is that so hard to grasp for some?
I would gladly watch a W&L Denison game over a, lets say, Canisius vs. Holy Cross type of D1 game. Those higher D3 games are just simly better lacrosse.
So would I.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”