Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

https://t.co/poPUZvcqKS
Not trying to be a hater but how does Wurzburger keep making these lists😭
Madlax59

Re: 2024 Preseason All-Americans

Post by Madlax59 »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:04 pm https://t.co/poPUZvcqKS
I think they are desperate to have an offensive player from UNC on their lists. She still has ‘name recognition”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

USA Lacrosse Announces 2024 Division I Women's Preseason All-Americans
WED JAN 17 2024 | USA LACROSSE MAGAZINE STAFF | COLLEGE

NCAA championship game MVP Sammy White is a preseason first-team All-American.
As part of the publication’s coverage heading into the 2024 NCAA lacrosse season, USA Lacrosse Magazine announced on Wednesday the USA Lacrosse Division I Women’s Preseason All-Americans, highlighting the top players at every position heading into the spring.
Defending national champion Northwestern paces the rest of the country with three first-team All-American selections — Tewaaraton Award finalist Erin Coykendall and Tewaaraton Award winner Izzy Scane on the attack, and NCAA championship game MVP Sammy White on defense. Northwestern boasts nine total All-American picks, tying the Wildcats with national runner-up Boston College for the most in the nation.
Of the Eagles’ nine All-Americans, six reside on the second team.
A pair of ACC rivals, North Carolina and Notre Dame, are tied with seven All-Americans, while Big Ten contender Maryland checks in with six.
Continue below to see the full 2024 USA Lacrosse Division I Women’s Preseason All-American list.

USA LACROSSE DIVISION I WOMEN’S PRESEASON ALL-AMERICANS
FIRST TEAM

A — Erin Coykendall, Northwestern
A — Isabella Peterson, James Madison
A — Izzy Scane, Northwestern
A — Jackie Wolak, Notre Dame
M — Kasey Choma, Notre Dame
M — Ellie Masera, Stony Brook
M — Belle Smith, Boston College
M — Brigid Duffy, Army
D — Meghan Ball, Maryland
D — Sammy White, Northwestern
D — Brooklyn Walker-Welch, North Carolina
D — Sam Thacker, Denver
G — Delaney Sweitzer, Syracuse

SECOND TEAM

A — Mckenna Davis, Boston College
A — Emma Ward, Syracuse
A — Rachel Clark, Boston College
A — Emma LoPinto, Boston College
M — Shaylan Ahearn, Maryland
M — Emma Tyrrell, Syracuse
M — Madison Taylor, Northwestern
M — Cassidy Weeks, Boston College
D — Trinity McPherson, Denver
D — Sydney Scales, Boston College
D — Emily Nalls, North Carolina
D — Becky Browndorf, Boston College
G — Lauren Spence, Loyola

THIRD TEAM

A — Sydni Black, Loyola
A — Caitlyn Wurzburger, North Carolina
A — Eloise Clevenger, Maryland
A — Georgia Latch, Loyola
M — Kristin O'Neill, Penn State
M — Cassidy Spilis, Rutgers
M — Samantha Smith, Northwestern
M — Anna Brandt, Penn
D — Clare Levy, Stony Brook
D — Izzy Rohr, Penn
D — Maddie Burns, Michigan
D — Bryn McCaughey, Denver
G — Emelia Bohi

HONORABLE MENTION

A — Jenna Collignon, Yale
A — Julia Gilbert, Denver
A — Jill Smith, Michigan
A — Kailyn Hart, Stony Brook
A — Madison Ahern, Notre Dame
A — Libby May, Maryland
A — Danielle Pavinelli, Florida
A — Niki Miles, Penn
A — Isabelle Vitale, USC
A — Mary Schumar, Northwestern
A — Hanna Hilcoff, Clemson
A — Morgan Schwab, Virginia
A — Arden Tierney, Notre Dame
A — Marissa White, North Carolina
A — Reilly Casey, North Carolina
M — Fiona McGowan, UMass
M — Lindsey Frank, Northwestern
M — Alyssa Long, North Carolina
M — Emily Heller, Florida
M — Ella Little, Clemson
M — Claudia Shevitz, USC
M — Ava Yovino, Navy
D — Hunter Roman, Boston College
D — Olivia Dooley, Notre Dame
D — Brianna Lamoureux, Maryland
D — Catherine Lord, USC
D — Kelly Denes, Notre Dame
D — Audra Tosone, UMass
D — Kendall Halpern, Northwestern
G — Lilly Callahan, Notre Dame
G — Madison Doucette, Johns Hopkins 
G — Shea Dolce, Boston College
G — Alecia Nicholas, North Carolina
G — Molly Laliberty, Northwestern
G — Emily Sterling, Maryland
G — Landyn White, UConn
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

I can live with four, four, four, and one for the first, second, and third teams. I could live with doubling that (eight, eight, eight, two) for honorable mention. But 15 attackers and seven goalies? Come on now. Somebody needs to make some decisions and cut the list down to a realistic number.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Madlax59 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:23 pm
I think they are desperate to have an offensive player from UNC on their lists. She still has ‘name recognition”
To NOT have her on this list would be a tacit admission by the lax media that they have been over-hyping her since she was in middle school. She is a nice player and many teams would love to have her on the roster, but I am not sure she earned this honor based on last season. Someone please dig into the stats and prove my anecdotal opinion wrong.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:54 pm
To NOT have her on this list would be a tacit admission by the lax media that they have been over-hyping her since she was in middle school. She is a nice player and many teams would love to have her on the roster, but I am not sure she earned this honor based on last season. Someone please dig into the stats and prove my anecdotal opinion wrong.
The hype is probably the reason for the criticism. She has 201 points in three years, which for any college lacrosse player is very good. Just feels underwhelming when as a recruit she was touted as someone who would change the sport. Been a while since a No.1 recruit in a class lived up to the hype. Don't think it's happened since Megan Whittle in 2014.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

jff97 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm
The hype is probably the reason for the criticism. She has 201 points in three years, which for any college lacrosse player is very good. Just feels underwhelming when as a recruit she was touted as someone who would change the sport. Been a while since a No.1 recruit in a class lived up to the hype. Don't think it's happened since Megan Whittle in 2014.
I’d rather have her as an HM AA, but 3rd team isn’t terrible.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Pretty good by and large.

A few edits I would make

- Davis over Wolak for First Team Attack
- Laliberty at Second Team Goalie
- Spilis over Taylor for 2nd Team Middie
- Smith Over Lopinto at 2nd Team Attack
- Shevitz over Oneil for 3rd Team Middie
- Collignon over Black for 3rd team Attack

Fully agree way too many HM.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 am - Laliberty at Second Team Goalie
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 am Pretty good by and large.

A few edits I would make

IDK Davis and Wolak seem about right to me. Both are extremely talented players but based on last year I would have to give a slim edge to Wolak.
In points Ms Wolak was 57g48A (105 tot) and MS Davis was 26g62a (88 tot). Head to head they were 4,2 (Wolak) and 2,4 (Davis). Gbs and CT's are a wash First and Second leading point getters for their respective team. You could go either way but I think they are about right. Will be interesting who fares better this year.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

I find the complete Stanford snub notable. Particularly Annabel F - fan or not, pretty impressive stat line. Just think if she was listed as a midfielder. One example of the point made on this forum many times (with which I agree) that the top middie spots on these lists should be reserved for players that put in the work below the defensive restraining line.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

A few edits I would make

I got White over Laliberty. But I may be biased
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

All this pre-season nonsense is just useless clickbait. None of these players has done a single thing this season yet. All it does is (1) drive traffic to their web site and (2) entrench players based solely on past performance as presumptive award recipients for next season, making more difficult for new players who actually perform this season to be recognized. Let's stop feeding this crap.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LaxThoughts wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:05 pm All this pre-season nonsense is just useless clickbait. None of these players has done a single thing this season yet. All it does is (1) drive traffic to their web site and (2) entrench players based solely on past performance as presumptive award recipients for next season, making more difficult for new players who actually perform this season to be recognized. Let's stop feeding this crap.
Yikes - Happy Thursday. It's a lacrosse magazine and this is a lacrosse forum. Just like every other sport - journalist write about their specific sport. It's just how things are done. If you don't like it - which you made abundantly clear - don't read it and move on. Too much there real world crap to worry about than this.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:54 pm

A few edits I would make

Re Davis and wolack. I have seen a lot of both of them. Only one of them is someone you have to scheme your entire defensive plan around. Wolack is a more complete player than Davis—super dangerous dodger and also is a great feeder. Davis is a very, very nice feeder. Great Iq and very effective. But Wolack is still a first or second team all American if she plays at say, UConn, and I don’t think Davis would necessarily be.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:12 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:54 pm

A few edits I would make

Re Davis and wolack. I have seen a lot of both of them. Only one of them is someone you have to scheme your entire defensive plan around. Wolack is a more complete player than Davis—super dangerous dodger and also is a great feeder. Davis is a very, very nice feeder. Great Iq and very effective. But Wolack is still a first or second team all American if she plays at say, UConn, and I don’t think Davis would necessarily be.
Great post and I completely agree. Wolack is more dangerous and every team thinks about her first when game planning for ND. Her dodging ability and the ability to create her own shot often against the oppositions #1 defender is what separates her from Davis and the other players on ND.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

jff97 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm
Been a while since a No.1 recruit in a class lived up to the hype. Don't think it's happened since Megan Whittle in 2014.
They over-hype these kids and then they can’t live up to the expectation set. I wouldn’t doubt we continue to see this trend in the future.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxThoughts wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:05 pm All this pre-season nonsense is just useless clickbait. None of these players has done a single thing this season yet. All it does is (1) drive traffic to their web site and (2) entrench players based solely on past performance as presumptive award recipients for next season, making more difficult for new players who actually perform this season to be recognized. Let's stop feeding this crap.
Point by point--you're right. Can't disagree with anything you say here.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Brownlax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:14 pm
Yikes - Happy Thursday. It's a lacrosse magazine and this is a lacrosse forum. Just like every other sport - journalist write about their specific sport. It's just how things are done. If you don't like it - which you made abundantly clear - don't read it and move on. Too much there real world crap to worry about than this.
You should consider your own advice. You also could have moved on when you found that you didn't like what you were reading, rather than resorting to sarcasm and condescending scold-y lecturing.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:27 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:14 pm
You should consider your own advice. You also could have moved on when you found that you didn't like what you were reading, rather than resorting to sarcasm and condescending scold-y lecturing.
pot.kettle.black

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”