The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:09 am Chris Christie's announcement yesterday is worth the listen. I did so this AM on c-span and share this:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5101394/ ... -house-bid

He has some very compelling moments worth paying attention to.
Listened to this live, and thought this was one of the better political speeches in recent memory, and I don't much like Christie.

"I let the ambition get ahead and in control of the decision-making," on his endorsement of Trump in 2015-16.

Bless me Father for I have sinned...badly, stupidly and venally.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:43 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:09 am Chris Christie's announcement yesterday is worth the listen. I did so this AM on c-span and share this:

Listened to this live, and thought this was one of the better political speeches in recent memory, and I don't much like Christie.

"I let the ambition get ahead and in control of the decision-making," on his endorsement of Trump in 2015-16.

Agreed, excellent speech. Major points worth listening to and some really good rhetorical positioning.

Sin tends to have those attributes ;) ...very rare for politicians to admit error, so I give him kudos for that as well.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think it was more the near death experience.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:28 am I think it was more the near death experience.
yes, clearly triggered a 'come to Jesus' reconsideration of past choices.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Not so sure it was a come to Jesus experience as much as it was a trigger for Christie’s vindictiveness. He thinks Trump’s abject carelessness (to put it mildly) with Covid protocols resulted in Christie getting Covid. He’s right about that.

Don’t forget how vindictive Christie is. He had traffic lanes from Fort Lee to the GW Bridge shut down because the Fort Lee mayor, a Democrat, would not endorse him in his reelection run. And then Christie lied about it repeatedly.

I lived under the Christie regime for eight years. He is a terrible guy. And if you think I hate the guy, you should talk to my cousin, a retired New Jersey teacher, or my sister‘s friend who had a high position at NJDEP during his time in office.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

From a weasely politician who green-lighted a very bad idea to screw up traffic in Fort Lee NJ by selectively closing access lanes to the George Washington Bridge. Subsequent gridlock coast some lives as emergency vehicles couldn't operate.

His deputy chief of staff went to jail for 13 month saying he was in on it.
https://people.com/politics/chris-chris ... ridgegate/

That he has done yet another 180 is so typical of jerks like him. BTW his approval rating in NJ when he left Governor's job was under 10% - best thing for him at the time was term limits so he could run again and get shellacked. :oops:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:38 pm

From a weasely politician who green-lighted a very bad idea to screw up traffic in Fort Lee NJ by selectively closing access lanes to the George Washington Bridge. Subsequent gridlock coast some lives as emergency vehicles couldn't operate.

His deputy chief of staff went to jail for 13 month saying he was in on it.
https://people.com/politics/chris-chris ... ridgegate/

That he has done yet another 180 is so typical of jerks like him. BTW his approval rating in NJ when he left Governor's job was under 10% - best thing for him at the time was term limits so he could run again and get shellacked. :oops:
I welcome those who metaphorically 'come to Jesus' no matter the prior paths taken.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

5 Facts To Know About Medicare Drug Price Negotiation

Thank you Joe.

Anyone want to debate how this legislation is not a YUGE piece of progressive governance that does a WHOLE lot for the common American voter on Medicare? Would've NEVER, repeat NEVER happened under a conservative executive.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I have encountered Vivek twice here in the North Country, once at a planned event and once at a restaurant into which his folks parachuted. He is a quite a carnival barker. He'd have been an asset to any boiler room shucking penny stocks. At this point, he seems to be looking to outmaneuver Ben Carson for the vie-presidential nomination.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Say good night Vivek. I say good riddance.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I heard Biden's campaign manager on NPR today......what a mess. How far our leaders have fallen.....sad.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I value your opinion, what makes you say that, a fan?
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

What percentage of Iowa r voters yesterday will NOT vote for 2xIMPOTUS o d in Nov?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88a wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 am What percentage of Iowa r voters yesterday will NOT vote for 2xIMPOTUS o d in Nov?
Irrelevant, the final poll in November is the only one that counts. You already knew that. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Andersen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:21 am I value your opinion, what makes you say that, a fan?
Not speaking for afan, this may be what he heard: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/03/12225852 ... ign-events
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:43 am
Andersen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:21 am I value your opinion, what makes you say that, a fan?
Not speaking for afan, this may be what he heard: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/03/12225852 ... ign-events
I saw some video the other day of Biden scared chitless at the prospect of having to walk down the stairs of AF One. I guess we need to make escalator one a reality before old Joe face plants down the stairs onto the tarmac. Now if trump face plants.... :D
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

CU88a wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 am What percentage of Iowa r voters yesterday will NOT vote for 2xIMPOTUS o d in Nov?
About ~110,000 people voted yesterday. In a state where ~900,000 people voted Republican in 2020. We'll see what happens in November.

As an aside, this is another big part of our broken election/two party system. Where an extremely small percentage of the voting public decides who's gonna be on the general ballot.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:20 am
About ~110,000 people voted yesterday. In a state where ~900,000 people voted Republican in 2020. We'll see what happens in November.

As an aside, this is another big part of our broken election/two party system. Where an extremely small percentage of the voting public decides who's gonna be on the general ballot.
This should be a remarkable opportunity for Joe to step in and plant the Democrat flag on the the top of Mt Whatchasay. Most American were led to believe that the planting of that flag on Mt. Suribachi meant the Island had been won. Three of those flag raisers died never having known the significance of their sacrifice. They were KIA before anyone ever knew who they were. Up until recently one of the flag raisers who never acknowledged his role in this iconic photo was fortunate enough to die without the fanfare of the clown show media. I hope all of you people take the time to read Flags of our Fathers. The only thing people remembered Jack Brady for was his profile in the flag raising on Mt Suribachi. It wasn't until his death that his son found all of his WW2 decorations. His own son never knew his dad was awarded the Navy Cross. Jack Brady risked his life time and time again to save his Marines before he was shot up doing so. He was only famous for being in an iconic picture. He was famous for the fact that with the Marines he trained to protect he would would be there. I would encourage everyone on this forum to Read Flags of our Fathers.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:20 am

This should be a remarkable opportunity for Joe to step in and plant the Democrat flag on the the top of Mt Whatchasay. Most American were led to believe that the planting of that flag on Mt. Suribachi meant the Island had been won. Three of those flag raisers died never having known the significance of their sacrifice. They were KIA before anyone ever knew who they were. Up until recently one of the flag raisers who never acknowledged his role in this iconic photo was fortunate enough to die without the fanfare of the clown show media. I hope all of you people take the time to read Flags of our Fathers. The only thing people remembered Jack Brady for was his profile in the flag raising on Mt Suribachi. It wasn't until his death that his son found all of his WW2 decorations. His own son never knew his dad was awarded the Navy Cross. Jack Brady risked his life time and time again to save his Marines before he was shot up doing so. He was only famous for being in an iconic picture. He was famous for the fact that with the Marines he trained to protect he would would be there. I would encourage everyone on this forum to Read Flags of our Fathers.
The Jack Bradys of this world are becoming fewer and farther between. A visit to Arlington National Cemetery would prove that in a minute.

Return to “POLITICS”