Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people.
Sure you can. X is doing it. Twitter did it. What's stopping them? Is this the first company to fall short of their advertised claims? Does Coca Cola live up to their "Coke adds life" claim? It's just bluster, for heaven's sake. Does anyone take "Fair and Balanced" seriously?
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.
Come on....it wasn't like that when you were working in media? They didn't make editorial choices as to what to run, and how often? You know better than this.

Your perception of where you worked is just that: your perception as to where it leans. There's no such thing as a left leaning major media outlet. They all want to maintain power, and not rock the boat. Neither to their editors and workers....they want to keep their good jobs and advance.

If US media was left leaning? They'd be running nonstop stories about single payer health care, free Uni, and everything else every other 1st world nation gets, and that's just for starters. They control the narrative to ACTUALLY move our country left. They don't do that....not even close. The newspapers are there to reinforce the status quo, so the 1%ers keep their fat tax breaks and ownership perqs.
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm So for those things, X is awesome. Its real easy to see things live-time AND know exactly what the camera man/reporter's agenda is. Jack's Twitter was crap. Elon's might not be to your liking, but IMO, its a lot more transparent and open than the previous version.
This is plainly and factually wrong. You have no clue how it runs, or what they are cutting or censoring. You are ASSUMING.

And you were just given a cite telling you that he deleted journalists who hit him. Maybe the claim is false, but you should at the very least pay attention to this if you claim to want a censor-free platform. It's pretty obvious that it ain't, and this should make you angry if you seriously believe the content should be Musk-free, for want of a better term.

And where did I say Elon's was not to my liking? I said directly that I support how he runs it 100%. I'm not a freaking commie----he owns it, and can run it in any way he sees fit. I'm good with however he wants to run it, just as I'm good with how Fox or NBC runs their networks----it's their network, not mine!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people. Anyone. But I do find those reports interesting because my personal anecdotes are very different. I've seen more and better discussion and free speech on X in the past year than ever before. Perhaps it IS just my algorithm.

I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.

So for those things, X is awesome. Its real easy to see things live-time AND know exactly what the camera man/reporter's agenda is. Jack's Twitter was crap. Elon's might not be to your liking, but IMO, its a lot more transparent and open than the previous version.
He’s now suing and threatening to sue reporters. He doesn’t believe in free speech this is all strategic.

The data there’s far more anti semitism in X now. It’s been studied quantitatively. So overall it hasn’t gotten better. But each gets their own experience cultivated the way the company wants to direct you given their model.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:37 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:29 am
njbill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:27 am Brilliant people does not equal wise people, nor does it make them good people or bad people. Just brilliant.
Well said. To put it another way, “smart” is important, but to my thinking, it ranks below character and judgment.
"character and judgment"? :lol: And yet the Bidens are your heros.
Tech knows perfectly well that the Forum doesn't have one single solitary person who is a Biden champion. Not one.

This is primetimeTech: he'll lose his mind if he thinks you're putting words in his mouth, yet as we see repeatedly, he does it himself on the regular.
Sorry a fan... nice try, but you'd be wrong once again. First of all, I was posting to one person njbill, not the fanlax forum, and certainly not you. Secondly, njbill IS a Biden enthusiast/apologist writ large.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:27 am Brilliant people does not equal wise people, nor does it make them good people or bad people. Just brilliant.
Well said. To put it another way, “smart” is important, but to my thinking, it ranks below character and judgment.
Tech knows perfectly well that the Forum doesn't have one single solitary person who is a Biden champion. Not one.

This is primetimeTech: he'll lose his mind if he thinks you're putting words in his mouth, yet as we see repeatedly, he does it himself on the regular.
Sorry a fan... nice try, but you'd be wrong once again. First of all, I was posting to one person njbill, not the fanlax forum, and certainly not you. Secondly, njbill IS a Biden enthusiast/apologist writ large.
:lol:

You're telling NJbill what he thinks based on what he has written. That's a tech no-no, no matter how you try and squirm out of it. You're building a strawman, and telling him Biden is his hero. It's clear from where I sit this isn't even close to true.

Either don't complain when the shoe is on the other foot and people tell you what you think, and freaking relax ....or don't do it yourself. Pick one, don't care which.

BTW, it's cute you used the word "Biden(s)" with an "s". Keep drinking the Deep State kool-aid......you'll get Hunter eventually. Keep at it!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:07 pm

You're telling NJbill what he thinks based on what he has written. That's a tech no-no, no matter how you try and squirm out of it. You're building a strawman, and telling him Biden is his hero. Man if that's not deflection on your part, I don't know what is. You're telling us with certainty there are no Biden fans on the forum. :roll: It's clear from where I sit this isn't even close to true. That's your opinion, nothing more. :roll:

Either don't complain when the shoe is on the other foot and people tell you what you think, and freaking relax ....or don't do it yourself. Pick one, don't care which. More deflection...unreal.

BTW, it's cute you used the word "Biden(s)" with an "s". Keep drinking the Deep State kool-aid......you'll get Hunter eventually. Keep at it!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people. Anyone. But I do find those reports interesting because my personal anecdotes are very different. I've seen more and better discussion and free speech on X in the past year than ever before. Perhaps it IS just my algorithm.

I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.

So for those things, X is awesome. Its real easy to see things live-time AND know exactly what the camera man/reporter's agenda is. Jack's Twitter was crap. Elon's might not be to your liking, but IMO, its a lot more transparent and open than the previous version.
He’s now suing and threatening to sue reporters. He doesn’t believe in free speech this is all strategic.

The data there’s far more anti semitism in X now. It’s been studied quantitatively. So overall it hasn’t gotten better. But each gets their own experience cultivated the way the company wants to direct you given their model.
well...unless one thinks more antisemitism is a good thing... ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:26 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:07 pm

You're telling NJbill what he thinks based on what he has written. That's a tech no-no, no matter how you try and squirm out of it. You're building a strawman, and telling him Biden is his hero. Man if that's not deflection on your part, I don't know what is. You're telling us with certainty there are no Biden fans on the forum. :roll: It's clear from where I sit this isn't even close to true. That's your opinion, nothing more. :roll:

Either don't complain when the shoe is on the other foot and people tell you what you think, and freaking relax ....or don't do it yourself. Pick one, don't care which. More deflection...unreal.

mmm, fair to critique the hypocrisy, whether it was intentional or not. ;)
Kinda funny...or ironic, really.
We all have some blind spots at times...personally, I think it's helpful to me when mine are pointed out.

Re Biden, I don't think there are many if any actual Biden fans on here...my sense is that when he's on a scale with Trump, it's simply obvious to a whole lot of us that we prefer Joe by a long shot. Scale tips hard.

Long litany of reasons.

But that doesn't mean there are cult of Joe sorts on here who think he's the second coming. Might be someone like that, but I sure haven't picked that up from njbill...frankly I can't think of anyone.

Maybe it just feels like that because of the scale with Trump issue? the comparison is so stark to us?
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:26 pm Man if that's not deflection on your part, I don't know what is. You're telling us with certainty there are no Biden fans on the forum. :roll:
I"m telling you with certainty that I have never read another poster write what a great President Biden is, and that's all we have to go on if we don't want to invent things whole cloth. How is this difficult to understand?And how is directly rebutting your statement "deflection"?

You're telling us that you have, and are implying that you've seen it so frequently that it's somehow obvious there are Biden fans. So....out with it. Show us the posts. Happy to retract my statement. Maybe I missed posts.

And no, saying that Biden is sh*t-tons better than Trump ain't the same as saying Biden is a great President. Nor is praising individual policies....I myself have done that with some of Trump's work (or lack of), for heaven's sake.

To wit:
njbill wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:34 am Compared to your hero Trump, who is dumb as a rock, has no judgment whatsoever, and comes in at -100 on the character scale, yeah, Joe gets high marks.
This ain't praise for Biden. This is telling you what a steaming pile of monkey muffins Trump is.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:07 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:26 pm Man if that's not deflection on your part, I don't know what is. You're telling us with certainty there are no Biden fans on the forum. :roll:
I"m telling you with certainty that I have never read another poster write what a great President Biden is, and that's all we have to go on if we don't want to invent things whole cloth. How is this difficult to understand?And how is directly rebutting your statement "deflection"?

You're telling us that you have, and are implying that you've seen it so frequently that it's somehow obvious there are Biden fans. So....out with it. Show us the posts. Happy to retract my statement. Maybe I missed posts.

And no, saying that Biden is sh*t-tons better than Trump ain't the same as saying Biden is a great President. Nor is praising individual policies....I myself have done that with some of Trump's work (or lack of), for heaven's sake.

To wit:
njbill wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:34 am Compared to your hero Trump, who is dumb as a rock, has no judgment whatsoever, and comes in at -100 on the character scale, yeah, Joe gets high marks.
This ain't praise for Biden. This is telling you what a steaming pile of monkey muffins Trump is.
Where is Doc B when you need him to chirp in? ;) I think Joe Biden is his BFF?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

To wit:
I’m thinking Brooklyn and Doc..
See Martin, Malcolm
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:46 pm

To wit:
Not for Brookie. He's Po'ed at how Biden is handling Israel if you'll recall. He's out.

Can't recall any DocB post saying how awesome Biden is, without first comparing him to Trump. Happy to be corrected.

General point is good, though...they both generally blindly suck up to the letter D.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:58 pm

To wit:
Not for Brookie. He's Po'ed at how Biden is handling Israel if you'll recall. He's out.

Can't recall any DocB post saying how awesome Biden is, without first comparing him to Trump. Happy to be corrected.

General point is good, though...they both generally blindly suck up to the letter D.
Yep: here it is, you're right, FFG, nicely done...... "President Biden, who is shaping up as one of the greatest American presidents of the last century...."

Stand corrected. There's one, Tech. Got any others?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:02 pm

To wit:

Yep: here it is, you're right, FFG, nicely done...... "President Biden, who is shaping up as one of the greatest American presidents of the last century...."

Stand corrected some more...

Re: ~46~ President Biden ~46~
by NattyBohChamps04 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:20 pm

I know a lot of people who don't like Joe Biden also don't listen to his speeches and talks. They just listen to small clips on whatever media they consume. Which leads to comments like "Biden and Trump are the two worst presidential candidates in history."

If you haven't actually heard Joe speak in a few years, here's a great recent interview by Conan O'Brien. Mostaly apolitical, but it gives a good look into Joe's thoughts that I hadn't heard in a long time.

https://teamcoco.com/podcasts/conan-obr ... -joe-biden

I would bet there are more who won't admit it. How bout your buddy disslaxic?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:04 am

To wit:

I know a lot of people who don't like Joe Biden also don't listen to his speeches and talks. They just listen to small clips on whatever media they consume. Which leads to comments like "Biden and Trump are the two worst presidential candidates in history."

If you haven't actually heard Joe speak in a few years, here's a great recent interview by Conan O'Brien. Mostaly apolitical, but it gives a good look into Joe's thoughts that I hadn't heard in a long time.

You must have hit a raw nerve Tech. I clicked on your link and the page can no longer be found. ;)
IMO. Joe has become more of a caricature than anything else. The modern era Democrats are beside themselves that HE is actually going to run again. Lou Gehrig when he new he couldn't play anymore understood it was time to hang up the cleats. Too bad Joe wasn't a Yankees fan.
He could have revived Gehrig's luckiest man speech and gone out a legend in his own mind.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:11 am

To wit:

You must have hit a raw nerve Tech. I clicked on your link and the page can no longer be found. ;)
IMO. Joe has become more of a caricature than anything else. The modern era Democrats are beside themselves that HE is actually going to run again. Lou Gehrig when he new he couldn't play anymore understood it was time to hang up the cleats. Too bad Joe wasn't a Yankees fan.
He could have revived Gehrig's luckiest man speech and gone out a legend in his own mind.
:D That's Nattyboo's link, not mine.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:11 am

To wit:

:D That's Nattyboo's link, not mine.
The point is it did a Houdini and vanished. Funny how that happens some times when Biden is caught having to extricate his foot from his mouth. I've been told by someone on this forum that Bidens brain farts are directly correlated to his stuttering issue. :D No proof it could be because Biden is a moron. I can say that because many folks on this forum proclaimed Dubya a moron as well. As we all know, the US Air force searches high and low for morons to fly their planes. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

To wit:

:lol: :lol: That's your idea of "his hero Biden"? Where does he say even ONE word of praise?

All he says is "here's a great interview". That's it. FFS, Tech, take a knee, and stop putting words in people's mouths and being a hyporcrite about it at the same time.

I praised Trump more than the above statement praised Biden, FFS. So did you. Is Trump your hero? :roll: Is he mine?

Or, my preferred path, don't lose your mind when other posters misread your vague-posts.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:40 pm

As a strong supporter of the People of God, even I will ask, how do you define antisemitism on X?
Slurs? Calls for violence? Opposition? Or just criticism?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:39 am

As a strong supporter of the People of God, even I will ask, how do you define antisemitism on X?
Massive statistical spike in the first two and quite direct often. Note the second one is abhorrent and it’s absolutely gone up since he took over. It’s not debatable or something you can parse and chip away at he let those cats back in no problem then started cultivating and cursing around anything having to do with him. It’s just a fact.
See Martin, Malcolm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:39 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "As a strong supporter of the People of God". Care to explain?

Are you saying that of yourself, or are you simply saying that of me, given what else I've written?

Do you mean Israelites or Christians? Hebrew Bible or New Testament?
The meaning of the phrase is quite different, depending on the intention.

Indeed, some anti-semites even use it sarcastically, pejoratively about Jews.

I certainly don't want to assume your intention, so please explain.

On your question: hate speech.
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/onli ... mas-attack

Hateful conspiracy theories, Nazism; sure, slurs, calls for violence, all would qualify.

Critique of the Netanyahu government is NOT anti-semitic per se, but calls for the elimination of Israel as a Jewish homeland could be, usually are...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... ual-truth/

Return to “POLITICS”