Syracuse 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Syracuse 2024

Post by DMac »

For those of you who go to both the men's and women's games, this sounds like a mighty good deal to me.
Pretty incredible schedule for the wlaxers this year too, some really tough competition coming into the Dome.
Season tickets are still available for purchase at $85 for the season, a savings of 48 percent. New this season are men's and women's lacrosse combo season tickets, available for $110 per ticket.
https://cuse.com/news/2023/1/10/mens-la ... ts-on-sale
hmmm

Re: Syracuse 2024

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:11 pm For those of you who go to both the men's and women's games, this sounds like a mighty good deal to me.
Pretty incredible schedule for the wlaxers this year too, some really tough competition coming into the Dome.
Season tickets are still available for purchase at $85 for the season, a savings of 48 percent. New this season are men's and women's lacrosse combo season tickets, available for $110 per ticket.
Seems a bit pricey when the same thing at MD is only $49 and includes sports other than men's and women's lax
DMac

Post by DMac »

hmmm wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:14 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:11 pm For those of you who go to both the men's and women's games, this sounds like a mighty good deal to me.
Seems a bit pricey when the same thing at MD is only $49 and includes sports other than men's and women's lax
It's $49 for season tickets for all home games for both mlax and wlax??
That has to be the best bargain on the planet.
17 home games = $6.50 (rounded up) a game.
Tickets were $5 when the Gaits were putting on their exhibitions in '88-'90.
I wish everything had only gone up that much in the past 34 years.
I find that $49 hard to believe, what other sports does that get you in?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:47 pm It's $49 for season tickets for all home games for both mlax and wlax??
That has to be the best bargain on the planet.
17 home games = $6.50 (rounded up) a game.
Tickets were $5 when the Gaits were putting on their exhibitions in '88-'90.
I wish everything had only gone up that much in the past 34 years.
I find that $49 hard to believe, what other sports does that get you in?
Just took a look and can confirm it's $49 per person. Great deal especially if you enjoy wrestling and/or baseball as well.

Purchase the Maryland Athletics Pride Pass and receive admission to the following sports: Wrestling, Men's Lacrosse, Women's Lacrosse and Baseball. Pass is valid for 1 person for regular season contests for the 2023- 2024 athletic season. ALL PRIDE PASSES WILL BE DIGITIALLY DELIVERED.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, there should be standing room only at all home m & w lax games.
What does it cost for one ticket at the gate?
I've paid $20 for one ACC regular season mlax game at the Dome, I'm
thrilled with the $110 package.
Maryland should lead the nation in attendance.
Orange fans came out in record numbers this season to support the Syracuse women's lacrosse team. The Orange led Division I in attendance, averaging 1,589 fans per game.
https://cuse.com/news/2023/6/16/womens- ... attendance
I think this package will increase attendance at wlax games in the Dome, very good marketing idea, IMO.
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

Maryland does very well in attendance.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

DMac, it is easy to forget the premium we pay to live in this paradise that is Upstate. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’ve lost track of the state of construction of the new lacrosse stadium at Maryland. Has it opened yet, or will it open this year? Have they increased the seating?

For all the grief that venue takes, I think it is very spectator friendly. At least the old one was. You are very close to the field. In fact, if you bring an umbrella to a game and are standing on the rail, you could reach over and back check a player as she whizzes by, not that that is encouraged by the local gendarmes. Plus they allow you to stand behind one of the goals which lets you get really close to the action.
DMac

Post by DMac »

GratefulRed wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:09 pm DMac, it is easy to forget the premium we pay to live in this paradise that is Upstate. ;)
Yup, I guess that explains it. I'm still all in on this package though (it's good to go to games with DMac, got a prime parkin' spot and it don't cost nuthin'). The $49 Pride package puts you out in the elements where you can put to use the new red Maryland raincoat you got for Christmas as well as the heated mittens and boots. Step up to the Reserved Mezzanine Package where there's a little protection and some warmth and it jumps to $60. Nary a need for such in the comforts of the Dome, although I will still wear my new Christmas hoodie my buddy (old HS teammate) down in West By God Virginia got me.
Not thinkin' there'll be another one these in there, I'll be a stand out.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

It is a mighty good deal. Once the number of games are divided by the total cost--$10 a game to see a top 10 ACC team is a bargain.

Feb 14 (Wed) Army
Feb 17 (Sat) Maryland

Mar 2 (Sat) Duke
Mar 5 (Tue) Stony Brook
Mar 16 (Sat) North Carolina
Mar 20 (Wed) Albany
Mar 27 (Wed) Loyola
Mar 30 (Sat) Louisville

Apr 6 (Sat) Pittsburgh
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

...and they will all be Ws
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

GratefulRed wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 am ...and they will all be Ws
Hmmmmm Not all I think 2 will be Ls
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Fischer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:48 pm
Maryland
Stony Brook
North Carolina

I could easily see two losses among these three. But we don't know how Syracuse will do on offense yet. The Meg Show isn't automatic to replace. The Emma Show was already present. I'm very interested to see what the Orange look like that first game at Northwestern. WOW! Talk about an opening weekend blockbuster of a matchup--in prime time again, no doubt. I think we'll get a good look at what Syracuse may be in 2024 in that first game. I'd guess Wildcats by 4-ish.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:31 pm
Maryland
Stony Brook
North Carolina

I could easily see two losses among these three. But we don't know how Syracuse will do on offense yet. The Meg Show isn't automatic to replace. The Emma Show was already present. I'm very interested to see what the Orange look like that first game at Northwestern. WOW! Talk about an opening weekend blockbuster of a matchup--in prime time again, no doubt. I think we'll get a good look at what Syracuse may be in 2024 in that first game. I'd guess Wildcats by 4-ish.
I’d guess NU by six or so, and if she can, KAH will pound Syracuse so that the Orange kids remember it in any later meeting. Syracuse will be a work in progress for the first quarter or half of the season. There is a ton to replace, a decent number of returning starters. Should be an interesting season.
aubartolomei1

Post by aubartolomei1 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:54 pm I’ve lost track of the state of construction of the new lacrosse stadium at Maryland. Has it opened yet, or will it open this year? Have they increased the seating?

For all the grief that venue takes, I think it is very spectator friendly. At least the old one was. You are very close to the field. In fact, if you bring an umbrella to a game and are standing on the rail, you could reach over and back check a player as she whizzes by, not that that is encouraged by the local gendarmes. Plus they allow you to stand behind one of the goals which lets you get really close to the action.
Not to turn it into a MD thread, but since you asked. Yeah, the complex upgrades are complete, https://twitter.com/MarylandWLax/status ... 8730342667. They didnt do anything to seating (for better or worse. Personally I love the seating, but I get it). The project was adding a new press box, adding a video board, and then rebuilding the locker room building. The new building is insane. I'm not sure people fully understood how small the old building was. Depending on the size of the team any given year, they might not have enough lockers for everyone to have their own. Which is a crazy statement for a program with that level of legacy. As an unabashed MD homer, I think that being able to recruit with the new facility and some of their resources, a lot of the 'demise of md' talk will fade pretty quickly.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:26 pm
Maryland
Stony Brook
North Carolina

I’d guess NU by six or so, and if she can, KAH will pound Syracuse so that the Orange kids remember it in any later meeting. Syracuse will be a work in progress for the first quarter or half of the season. There is a ton to replace, a decent number of returning starters. Should be an interesting season.
Syracuse returns their entire defense as well as the vast majority of their offensive starters. Meaghan Tyrrell is obviously very difficult to replace but I think the Emmas will really take it to another level this season. Also, from what I've seen and read about incoming freshman attack Ashlee Volpe, I believe she will step into Tyrrell's spot quite nicely.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:54 pm I’ve lost track of the state of construction of the new lacrosse stadium at Maryland. Has it opened yet, or will it open this year? Have they increased the seating?

I was under the impression that the project was more focused on the building than the actual field, but I believe it’s complete.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:48 pm
Maryland
Stony Brook
North Carolina

Syracuse returns their entire defense as well as the vast majority of their offensive starters. Meaghan Tyrrell is obviously very difficult to replace but I think the Emmas will really take it to another level this season. Also, from what I've seen and read about incoming freshman attack Ashlee Volpe, I believe she will step into Tyrrell's spot quite nicely.
I'm saying SU will go undefeated in the Dome. Sure, the NU opener is a tough one. Home field may be the difference but I think it will be very close. NU could have a bit of a hangover and SU has everything to prove. M. Rich and E. Muchnick are two of my '23 breakout players. Agree with Laxer12, Rich and Volpee (or another young lefty shooter) could fill the void and balance the offense. Midfield/D gets better with Mashewske back (assuming she's ready to go), Muchnick and maybe even first-year Benoit. ACC reg season title comes down to the last game between BC and SU again.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:48 pm
Maryland
Stony Brook
North Carolina

I think Syracuse will be strong again this year. But to say Ashlee volpe will step in MTs spot quite nicely is a bit of a stretch. I thought MT was, aside from scane, the most dangerous and relentless dodger in the womens game last year. A very special player that doesn’t come along very often. I think their offense will struggle to replace her production and her ability to just take the ball at crunch time and make things happen.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

I don’t know anything for sure but someone at the U-20 tryouts said that Vogelman got hurt this fall
And that is why she wasn’t at the tryout. On Instagram her and another player have knee braces on.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”