Post by DMac »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:58 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:30 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:53 am

Prediction: Bills 37, Patriots 16

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new ... bos_twt_mn
Pats 29 - Bills 25, final.
Absolutely love that!!!!
(Not that the Pats won but that the Bills lost.)

On to the Kansas Swifty Chiefs v LAC game.
You know that prediction was Tom E. Curran's, right?

You don't like the upstate NY Buffalo Bills? Just curious why you're glad they lost.
64 interceptions
Josh Allen has thrown 64 interceptions in his career, and has had 17 two-plus interception games.
Hear all the hype here, don't buy it. Went up and watched pre-season practice when Allen was a rookie, thought he was the best looking QB out there. McCarron was the starter at the time (his wife Katherine Webb was there). He's turned into a whiner, always lookin' to the refs any time he gets touched. Started noticing that he's going to cost you at some point in the game...and he does. Don't like him, can't maintain his cool when things get hot. Love it when the Bills lose.....lost to the Patriots today fer chrissakes!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9vZfpC7Jw&t=54s
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Preview of Bills/Pats and a look at the Pathetic Sate of the Patriots

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:28 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:58 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:30 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:53 am

Prediction: Bills 37, Patriots 16

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl/new ... bos_twt_mn
Pats 29 - Bills 25, final.
Absolutely love that!!!!
(Not that the Pats won but that the Bills lost.)

On to the Kansas Swifty Chiefs v LAC game.
You know that prediction was Tom E. Curran's, right?

You don't like the upstate NY Buffalo Bills? Just curious why you're glad they lost.
64 interceptions
Josh Allen has thrown 64 interceptions in his career, and has had 17 two-plus interception games.
Hear all the hype here, don't buy it. Went up and watched pre-season practice when Allen was a rookie, thought he was the best looking QB out there. McCarron was the starter at the time (his wife Katherine Webb was there). He's turned into a whiner, always lookin' to the refs any time he gets touched. Started noticing that he's going to cost you at some point in the game...and he does. Don't like him, can't maintain his cool when things get hot. Love it when the Bills lose.....lost to the Patriots today fer chrissakes!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9vZfpC7Jw&t=54s
Thanks D. I can understand your dislike in that regard.

As for the loss to the Pats--the Bills came out flat. They looked unprepared, got down by 10 early, then spent the rest of the day playing catchup. On the other sideline, the Pats finally looked ready to go at the beginning of a game. If their first 6 games this season were a barometer, they played way over their heads today. As much as it galls me to say it, the Pats deserved to win this game.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: NFL

Both the Cheatriots and the Jerry Jones Boys lose in the same day. Life is grand.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Great line from Boston Globe columnist Chris Gasper:

"Speaking of facing reality, each week the Hoodie Holdouts on Belichick Island, denying the glory days began and ended with Brady, look more and more disconnected from it."

Since Brady's departure, Belichick is 27-33 (20-33 vs everyone except the New York Jets) and 81-95 all time without TB12. Is there really anyone else out there who doesn't realize Belichick owes all his success to cheating, and Tom Brady? The evidence is overwhelming.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:17 am Is there really anyone else out there who doesn't realize Belichick owes all his success to cheating, and Tom Brady? The evidence is overwhelming.

Kudos!!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Okay, feel like I have just been transported into the Twilight zone. Joe Flacco is playing like a rookie Dan Marino. He has passed for well over 300 yards against the kitty kats.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Flacco ~ named starter for the rest of the season:

https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+fla ... e&ie=UTF-8

Couldn't help but be reminded of legendary George Blanda:

https://www.raiders.com/history/all-tim ... rge-blanda

I saw old George play until he was well into his 50s. Flacco has a long way to go before he reaches that age. Let's hope he stays healthy and that he keeps on playing.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

njbill

Post by njbill »

+1. Joe’s a good ol’ South Jersey boy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:15 pm +1. Joe’s a good ol’ South Jersey boy.

Ironically from Audubon, NJ ~ I thought his career was over but he has re-emerged like the Phoenix. 🐦🔥

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Giants win!

https://www.google.com/search?q=NY+Gian ... e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1D-Bae ... ure=onebox --- video is only available on you tube

Much discussion about Jints QB is from Jersey and lives at home with Mom. NY will need much better work from the OL if they hope to go into the playoffs. Lots of Cheeseheads (Packer fans) at the game.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:21 pm Image
Bad look for Karen Mahomes. Ref did his job, his teammate didn’t.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:06 am Giants win!

https://www.google.com/search?q=NY+Gian ... e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1D-Bae ... ure=onebox --- video is only available on you tube

Much discussion about Jints QB is from Jersey and lives at home with Mom. NY will need much better work from the OL if they hope to go into the playoffs. Lots of Cheeseheads (Packer fans) at the game.
His agent is the talk of the NFL right now!

Joe
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t know, Joe. Maybe in New York. But here in Philly, the talk is all about what the F became of our team? In Kansas City the talk is all about how dare the referees call one of our players offsides when he lines up on the defensive side of the ball. Should’ve called the Bills for 12 men on the field.

That guy is one sharp dressed man though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:01 pm I don’t know, Joe. Maybe in New York. But here in Philly, the talk is all about what the F became of our team? In Kansas City the talk is all about how dare the referees call one of our players offsides when he lines up on the defensive side of the ball. Should’ve called the Bills for 12 men on the field.

That guy is one sharp dressed man though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw
Yea....the eagles are imploding or just 'acting medium' as Jim Zorn would say. Maybe they are just slow rolling for playoffs.

I get the KC issue....you typically coach the receivers to make eye contact or hand gestures to the side judges to confirm the gren light that you are off the line. I suppose that never happened in this instance.

As an aside.....have you ever tried painting a straight line with a walk-behind sprayer and not have a string to follow. Seeing in imaginary line when your head and feet are positioned closely as rather hard...and if he was back to far, then the O can be called for illegal formation.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

The KC incident prompted me to look up the “neutral zone.” We hear the expression all the time, of course, but I wasn’t sure exactly what it is. It’s the length of the football when it is placed on the field in the ready for play position before the center touches it. About 12 inches. So a defensive player can’t break the plane with any part of his body beyond the point of the ball on the defensive side. Similarly an offensive player except the center can’t break the plane beyond the point of the ball on the offensive side. By my calculations, the KC player was probably around 15 inches off sides.

Somewhat related, the Eagles have been called offsides two or three times this year on the tush push when the officials thought Jason Kelce’s left arm was the arm of a guard. I think generally the center only puts one hand on the ball, but I guess for the tush push he has two hands on the ball. He is getting pretty pissed off about this because he has told the officials more than once that it is his arm, not his teammate’s. Wags are suggesting he wear fluorescent arm coverings.

Nope. Never tried that. Yeah, but the KC player had the blue line to guide him. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:43 pm The KC incident prompted me to look up the “neutral zone.” We hear the expression all the time, of course, but I wasn’t sure exactly what it is. It’s the length of the football when it is placed on the field in the ready for play position before the center touches it. About 12 inches. So a defensive player can’t break the plane with any part of his body beyond the point of the ball on the defensive side. Similarly an offensive player except the center can’t break the plane beyond the point of the ball on the offensive side. By my calculations, the KC player was probably around 15 inches off sides.

Somewhat related, the Eagles have been called offsides two or three times this year on the tush push when the officials thought Jason Kelce’s left arm was the arm of a guard. I think generally the center only puts one hand on the ball, but I guess for the tush push he has two hands on the ball. He is getting pretty ticked off about this because he has told the officials more than once that it is his arm, not his teammate’s. Wags are suggesting he wear fluorescent arm coverings.

Nope. Never tried that. Yeah, but the KC player had the blue line to guide him. ;)
I'm glad you mentioned the tush push. I bet the technique goes away next year. That mass of humanity pile driving in one direction is effective but dangerous to the people tangled up at the bottom of the pile. The NFL has to consider the increased risk of injury as unacceptable. Ya gotta give the iggles credit for their creativity. Every team in the NFL is trying to copy it. When Jalen Hurts is your QB it makes the push what it is today.

GO BILLS beat them Cowboys.... :D :D
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, every football play is potentially dangerous. How many injuries did we see in the games yesterday?

I will say, it does seem like there is injury potential on the tush push, but I don’t think people get hurt on that play any more frequently than they do on other plays.

The fact that Darth Vader himself (Roger Goodell) wants to ban the play could mean it is doomed.

Interesting fact. At least interesting to me. I saw yesterday that the Eagles have tried to trademark the phrase “tush push,” but that an Eagle fan/entrepreneur filed a trademark application a few weeks earlier. I know little to nothing about trademark law. Wonder how this will shake out.

You are absolutely right. Go Bills. Beat those Cowgirls.

BTW, I was very impressed with Josh Allen when the Eagles played the Bills earlier this year.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:57 am Well, every football play is potentially dangerous. How many injuries did we see in the games yesterday?

I will say, it does seem like there is injury potential on the tush push, but I don’t think people get hurt on that play any more frequently than they do on other plays.

The fact that Darth Vader himself (Roger Goodell) wants to ban the play could mean it is doomed.

Interesting fact. At least interesting to me. I saw yesterday that the Eagles have tried to trademark the phrase “tush push,” but that an Eagle fan/entrepreneur filed a trademark application a few weeks earlier. I know little to nothing about trademark law. Wonder how this will shake out.

You are absolutely right. Go Bills. Beat those Cowgirls.

BTW, I was very impressed with Josh Allen when the Eagles played the Bills earlier this year.
Josh Allen is a class act. The change in offensive coordinator has made a huge difference. They beat a Dallas defense designed to stop the pass. They did it with a dominating run game. I give huge props to Coach McDermott. He is calling the defensive plays with a group of guys pretty banged up with injuries. When every player knows their responsibility on defense your now playing as a team. To stop a high powered offense like Dallas that is quite an achievement and the result of discipline and hard work
njbill

Post by njbill »

Dem Bills did a right fine job last night on them Cowturds. Allen is one tough cookie. I think Sean McDermott is a good coach. He was an assistant in Philly some years ago. Wish we had been able to keep him. Bills gave the Eagles a gift. Hope we don’t squander it tonight.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”