Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:49 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:05 am
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:18 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:19 am OK, glad to know you have conceded that Israel is not a democracy
No. It isn't. You're just figuring this out?
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:19 am ......but is a racist, genocidal, and segregated society.
Now you're describing Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria. No Jewish folk there at all.

How come that doesn't bug you, Brooks? They get a pass, and Israel doesn't? That the score here?

No more Jews in East New York, Brooklyn as well.
Why? Because they chose to move to Canarsie, to Florida, and yes, even to Israel. Just like the folks you are mentioning. Moving is their choice. Anything wrong with that?
Huh?
No more Jews in Brooklyn???

More than 500,000...1 in 4 residents in Brooklyn are Jewish.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_in_N ... s%20Jewish.

https://www.hadassahmagazine.org/2018/0 ... pot-earth/

That's the East New York section of Brooklyn. Not Brooklyn itself which we always called the true Jewish capitol of the world.
Huh??
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:25 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:05 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:52 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:42 am ^ democracy does not wipe out anyone
Oh, yes it does. Egypt. Already pointed this out, Brookie. You can't run and hide on this point.

No Jewish people in Egypt. And this doesn't bother you in the slightest. This never even gained your attention.

This tells you all you want to know about what Brookie REALLY wants; he wants the Jewish people out. That's it. Nothing more.

Israel started displacing Palestinians before they a achieved independence. It has been a strategy.

https://www.vox.com/world-politics/2393 ... es-history
I'm not arguing any of that. Happy to concede that Israel has played things VERY poorly for at least the last 20 years. And have already said, if I were in charge, I'd pump billions into the Gaza economy, and make it a great place to live. Stop with the new Jewish settlements, etc.

Yet I can fairly ask you: are you bothered that Jewish people have been pushed out of Egypt and the rest of the countries I've listed? Because if you're bothered that the Palestinians have been pushed out, it should bother you that the Jewish people in surrounding countries have been pushed out.

All the complaints about "pushing people out" are solely directed at the Israelis....this is not an evenhanded charge.
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:25 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:05 pm
Oh, yes it does. Egypt. Already pointed this out, Brookie. You can't run and hide on this point.

No Jewish people in Egypt. And this doesn't bother you in the slightest. This never even gained your attention.

This tells you all you want to know about what Brookie REALLY wants; he wants the Jewish people out. That's it. Nothing more.

Israel started displacing Palestinians before they a achieved independence. It has been a strategy.

https://www.vox.com/world-politics/2393 ... es-history
I'm not arguing any of that. Happy to concede that Israel has played things VERY poorly for at least the last 20 years. And have already said, if I were in charge, I'd pump billions into the Gaza economy, and make it a great place to live. Stop with the new Jewish settlements, etc.

Yet I can fairly ask you: are you bothered that Jewish people have been pushed out of Egypt and the rest of the countries I've listed? Because if you're bothered that the Palestinians have been pushed out, it should bother you that the Jewish people in surrounding countries have been pushed out.

All the complaints about "pushing people out" are solely directed at the Israelis....this is not an evenhanded charge.
Bothered of course. Especially since i have deep ties to the Jewish community here and in Israel. I am also very disturbed about the rise of mostly right wing antisemitism here which is rapidly increasing. About half the country thinks political violence is ok.

My concern is when all is said and done there is a permanent and peaceful settlement. In order to achieve that the world needs to understand how we got to where we are. The Nabla was an epic event. The holocaust more so. The European countries and the US denied a mass exodus of Jews to Europe before and after WW ll. Instead they imposed them on the Palestinians. Whose land they had lived on for generations was taken after independence with a promise of a right to return which became just so much confetti. The colonies revolted against England over much less. The Arab countries have been cynical and cruel. They have seen no reason to actually help the Palestinians. Israel has always denied the Palestinians some portion of equality, in the last 30 years they have jettisoned human rights concern with no cost. No reason to stop now.

If people only understand the situation based on western media they are essentially not approaching it with a view to achieve a permanent settlement

I think of the UK and the IRA as a road map.

The Tunnels of Cu Chi could provide a useful road map to the near term furure.

Benjie has been a disaster. The settlers have terrorized Palestinians for decades and been a proxy for the government.

How would Alabamans have reacted if the Jewish survivors have been settled there? But then the US would never jave allowed them to do that. I hold the Europeans and Americans responsible for the consequences of their refusenik approach to the Jews almost a century.
Last edited by OCanada on Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:30 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:12 pm Already addressed the matter of Lakotas as well:

viewtopic.php?p=498571#p498571
:lol: That doesn't address doodly.

You just don't want to give them their land back, Brookie. It's awesome.
We're discussing why YOU refuse to give back the land you took from the Sioux.

You don't want to give it back. Because you hate Native Americans, and think that you deserve to steal their land.

What do I say to that? :lol: I say this: When are you gonna give back your stolen land, Brookie??

Too bad my pal Clyde Bellecourt of AIM isn't here to answer that gem of a projection. Do yourself a favor and remember that personal attacks such as that lie are not allowed here.

Pathetic, hate filled projections are so typical of pro war bigots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Brooklyn on Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:49 am
Huh??

If you were from Brooklyn you would know what I mean. Among us folks privileged enough to say we are from God's Country, we always say that Brooklyn is the Jewish Capital of the World.

“the Jewish capital of the United States” and a “kosher utopia,” according to David G. Greenfield, who lives and works in Borough Park, in addition to representing it in the City Council.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brookly ... e&ie=UTF-8

tiny.cc/yd1dvz

And we say it with pride!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Shelfon Adelson

A big donator to Netanyahu and Trump, Ariel University, extremists settlers organizations, AIPAC, Birthright Israel, John Hagee who heads Christians United for Israel and purchased Israel Hayom a free daily for Bengie’s use. In 2014 he sais “ i do not think the Bible says anything about democracy. God did not talk about Israel remaining a democratic state. Israel is not going to be a democratic state”.

Eli Yichai - former interior minister and head of an ultra orthodox party in 2012 “ send Gaza back to the the Middle ages…destroying all the infrastructures, including roads and water”. “ I am motivated by love for my country”

The USA was going to bomb Vietnam back to the stone age according to some. Vietnam won the war. Countless innocents were killed and will be in Gaza
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The USA was going to bomb Vietnam back to the stone age according to some. Vietnam won the war. Countless innocents were killed and will be in Gaza

Under Bush the USA was going to bomb the Middle East into the Stone Age as well.

And now the pro war rhetoric is starting to heat up big time once again:

New House Speaker: Russia, China, and Iran Are New Axis of Evil
In an interview with Sean Hannity, Speaker of the House Rep. Mike Johnson said Putin cannot win in Ukraine

https://news.antiwar.com/2023/10/27/new ... s-of-evil/

Representative Mike Johnson vowed to support the wars in Ukraine and Israel in an interview after becoming House Speaker. The Congressman told Sean Hannity that China, Russia, and Iran make up an “axis of evil” that poses a huge threat to the US.

The Speaker presented Moscow, Beijing, and Tehran as a trilateral threat to Washington. “Big priorities in this moment right now. We have Israel being attacked, we have unrest, we have the Ukraine situation we’ve got to deal with, we have China being aggressive, we have Iran with all the meddling, and China, Russia, and Iran working together. This is a dangerous time.” he said.

“Hamas and Hezbollah are proxies of Iran, and they’re tied in now with Russia and China. I mean, it is a new axis of evil. That’s how we see it, “Johnson continued, the states posed a “huge [threat to the US.] It’s it’s the biggest threat since World War II.”

On Ukraine, Johnson stated that the support for Ukraine must continue. “Now we can’t allow Vladimir Putin to Prevail in Ukraine because I don’t believe it would stop there,” he said. “And it would probably encourage and empower China to perhaps make a move on Taiwan. We have these concerns. We’re not going to abandon them.”

The Speaker noted he would like to see more oversight over additional aid but did not say it was a requirement to pass a multi-billion assistance bill for Ukraine.

Johnson explained that he does support the White House’s proposed $105 billion bill that would fund the War in Ukraine, Israel’s war on Gaza, fund Washington’s military buildup in the Pacific, and provide funds to increase security at the southern border. The Speaker said the consensus among House Republicans is to split the funding into different bills.

As well as supporting future aid for Ukraine, the Speaker is willing to send American soldiers to the Middle East in defense of Israel. “Watching it very closely, one thing that House Republicans are resolved on is that we must stand with our most important Ally in the Middle East, and that’s Israel.” He added, “I hope that it doesn’t come to boots on the ground.”

In the lead up to the Bush imperialist wars in the Middle East, we heard lots of words just like those. History repeats itself all too often and you bet that still another war is just around the corner.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:05 am
Huh??

If you were from Brooklyn you would know what I mean. Among us folks privileged enough to say we are from God's Country, we always say that Brooklyn is the Jewish Capital of the World.

“the Jewish capital of the United States” and a “kosher utopia,” according to David G. Greenfield, who lives and works in Borough Park, in addition to representing it in the City Council.

tiny.cc/yd1dvz

You wrote:

No more Jews in East New York, Brooklyn as well. Why? Because they chose to move to Canarsie, to Florida, and yes, even to Israel. Just like the folks you are mentioning. Moving is their choice. Anything wrong with that?
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 am My concern is when all is said and done there is a permanent and peaceful settlement. In order to achieve that the world needs to understand how we got to where we are. The Nabla was an epic event. The holocaust more so. The European countries and the US denied a mass exodus of Jews to Europe before and after WW ll. Instead they imposed them on the Palestinians. Whose land they had lived on for generations was taken after independence with a promise of a right to return which became just so much confetti. The colonies revolted against England over much less. The Arab countries have been cynical and cruel. They have seen no reason to actually help the Palestinians. Israel has always denied the Palestinians some portion of equality, in the last 30 years they have jettisoned human rights concern with no cost. No reason to stop now.

If people only understand the situation based on western media they are essentially not approaching it with a view to achieve a permanent settlement
The American people don't need to understand anything. Our US Presidents needed to step up and lead, and not just write blank checks for Israel when they were knowingly acting like **holes.

We should have spent the last few decades building Gaza up, and using the US economy to strike trade agreements with the Palestinians there. Give them a nice peaceful place to live, like every family on the planet wants. Instead, we blew trillions on pointless wars.
OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 am Benjie has been a disaster. The settlers have terrorized Palestinians for decades and been a proxy for the government.
Agree completely. The far right elements in both groups have been working for the last 20 years to make sure there is no peace. It's intentional.
OCanada wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 am How would Alabamans have reacted if the Jewish survivors have been settled there? But then the US would never jave allowed them to do that. I hold the Europeans and Americans responsible for the consequences of their refusenik approach to the Jews almost a century.
That's not the metaphor. How would our own Native American react if Americans were allowed to take their land, and plunder it?

Israel was founded in 1948, yes?

If the Jewish people "stole" that land via imperialism? When are we gonna give Hawaii and Alaska...made States after 1948, stolen via imperialism.... back to the Native Americans?

Everyone everywhere lives on stolen land. Take a good look at world maps before and after just WWII. Are we gonna move ALL the borders to back where they were in 1941? Or just do that for the Jewish people?

What's done is done. We need to figure out how to help these people live in peace, and stop enabling sh*tty behavior.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:57 am Too bad my pal Clyde Bellecourt of AIM isn't here to answer that gem of a projection. Do yourself a favor and remember that personal attacks such as that lie are not allowed here.

Pathetic, hate filled projections are so typical of pro war bigots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Personal attacks aren't allowed here, yet you keep calling me a bigot.

Please, by all means, Brookie. Tell a native American you didn't steal their land.

You're telling me that only the Jewish people need to give the land back. You, an American, get to keep the land you stole.

Got it.

You're stuck, so you try and call me names instead of admitting you're idea doesn't hold water.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:49 am
Huh??

tiny.cc/yd1dvz

You wrote:

No more Jews in East New York, Brooklyn as well. Why? Because they chose to move to Canarsie, to Florida, and yes, even to Israel. Just like the folks you are mentioning. Moving is their choice. Anything wrong with that?

Nope. Just clarifying that my reference was only to ENY.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:33 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:57 am Too bad my pal Clyde Bellecourt of AIM isn't here to answer that gem of a projection. Do yourself a favor and remember that personal attacks such as that lie are not allowed here.

Personal attacks aren't allowed here, yet you keep calling me a bigot.

Please, by all means, Brookie. Tell a native American you didn't steal their land.

You're telling me that only the Jewish people need to give the land back. You, an American, get to keep the land you stole.

Got it.

You're stuck, so you try and call me names instead of admitting you're idea doesn't hold water.

yadayadayada

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Quoting that reporter, the only solution is (rather than the status quo) a ONE STATE SOLUTION @ 01:46 under Israeli control. Democratic inclusion of all Gazans & West Bank ~ where have you read that before?

CASE CLOSED

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

So Israel didn’t see this coming?

“CAIRO Oct 29 (Reuters) - Impeding relief supplies to Gaza's population may constitute a crime under the International Criminal Court's (ICC) jurisdiction, the court's top prosecutor told a news conference in Egypt on Sunday.”

Stupid or brazen?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:44 pm

Quoting that reporter, the only solution is (rather than the status quo) a ONE STATE SOLUTION @ 01:46 under Israeli control. Democratic inclusion of all Gazans & West Bank ~ where have you read that before?

CASE CLOSED
I haven't followed your posts in this thread b/c you you are far too often polarizing, not to mention, I have reason to believe you post under multiple usernames, which breaks down a posters credibility; sorry.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:28 pm

Bigoted fan thinks Egypt is a democracy. Holy HELL! Do your homework before posting such nonsense:

https://www.idea.int/democracytracker/country/egypt

President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is the leading candidate in the election, running for what would be his third term. Within days of the announcement of the upcoming election, rights groups in Egypt began to report that dozens of opposition party supporters had been arrested in different parts of the country, often on charges of spreading false news, or joining a terrorist group. Such arrests are not uncommon in Egypt (where some sources estimate there are as many as 60,000 political prisoners), but they appear to be increasing in number in the lead up to the election. The timing of these arrests makes them even more important as they are likely to severely impair the fairness of the electoral process.

Obviously you don't know What the heck you're talking about. Just too blinded by your Islamophobic hate and bigotry.
Ha! You claim economic policies and capitalism don’t work on one nearby temporal correlated datapoint and yet ignore it’s not by definition those terms but turn around in this case and claim a distinction between reality and what’s presented to the world.

I see comparisons of coutures not at all comparable to Israel or Egypt.

Nonsense - so tell me I’m a bigoted islamaphobe or whatever nonsense that has no value to anyone here and costs your time to post.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:49 am
Huh??

tiny.cc/yd1dvz

You wrote:

The Jewish Capitol in the US is the Catskills. Specifically ellenville…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CASE CLOSED
Then stop writing on this topic or debating everyone stupidly like a 6yr old about it. If you are an honest and decent person who believes “case closed” then you shouldn’t feel any need or value in posting on this topic anymore.

Or is that more of the same dumb heuristic?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:05 pm
I haven't followed your posts in this thread b/c you you are far too often polarizing, not to mention, I have reason to believe you post under multiple usernames, which breaks down a posters credibility; sorry.

Nope. Someone else posts under different names. I only use 1. Feel free to ask Admin if you don't believe it.

Oh by the way, thanks for posting a link which at least partly agrees with me that democratization is a possible solution. It is what I've been saying all along.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:29 pm

CASE CLOSED
Then stop writing on this topic or debating everyone stupidly like a 6yr old about it. If you are an honest and decent person who believes “case closed” then you shouldn’t feel any need or value in posting on this topic anymore.

Or is that more of the same dumb heuristic?

there are plenty of other issues, oh Great One and Lord Master of the thread
Last edited by Brooklyn on Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”