D3 Men NCAA Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Cheeseandcrackers

Re: D3 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

On the IWU vs Denison game, I think '17 and '18 results are somewhat relevant in that the coaches are the same guys. IWU plays an unusual style and it has worked for them against a lot of teams, including OWU, a solid program. Unfortunately for IWU, Denison is their worst nightmare - a disciplined, patient team with a very good FOGO.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Indeed, perhaps I am completely wrong in my second round “upset”. Heck, maybe I’m wrong with every prediction in my bracket. (Wouldn’t be the first time)

It’s also in my bracket that we’re disputing who has the honor of losing to Salisbury...

I hope for a good game and have no dog in that fight.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 am Indeed, perhaps I am completely wrong in my second round “upset”. Heck, maybe I’m wrong with every prediction in my bracket. (Wouldn’t be the first time)

It’s also in my bracket that we’re disputing who has the honor of losing to Salisbury...

Kinda like "careful what you wish for - you just might get it!" ?

I do know 1 thing - if Denison is fortunate enough to get past Concordia Wisconsin and the Rhodes v IWU winner, they'll hop on the bus to Salisbury looking to finally win that game. Two 1 goal losses will have them believing they can .... as many of their 11 seniors played significant minutes in both those games. Now of course "believing" and "doing" are two different things but you have to believe you can before you actually do. So I guess my point is, DU won't be going hoping to just "compete" - they'll be going to win. But that said they will be the underdog for sure!

I'm willing to bet MrLax2U will confirm there is fight in that DU dog!!!! hahaha
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Early in the season OWU was losing to almost everybody, including Illinois Wesleyan, and was taken to OT by Otterbein, a team OWU has generally beaten easily and soundly. Many teams improve over the course of the season, but by the time the Denison games rolled around OWU had improved to the point of almost being unrecognizable as the same team. In the event they meet this month, Denison will beat Illinois Wesleyan; I'd bet a large sum of money on it.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

By all means, chime in on the “Your picks” thread and create a bracket. What’s the worst that can happen...

I want York to win it all, but that’s not what my bracket is built on.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I'm willing to bet MrLax2U will confirm there is fight in that DU dog!!!! hahaha
Greetings Ned,
I'm a big fan of Coach Caravana and look forward to Big Red visiting again. (Also OWU; two terrific programs and coaches.)

IWU visited Salisbury earlier this year (22-6). Big, strong, athletic, well coached, unassisted run and gun. Good action for the fans to watch. Caravana may want to ask Berkman for a copy of the game film although I'm sure he'll have his own strategy based on the strengths and weakness of his players. Basically the Gull D played them close and physical. IWU doesn't seem to stress D so the Gull O was able to score. In Q 4 the IWU D got frustrated and drew two bad penalties.

DU's disciplined play should carry the day.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

MrLax2U wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:20 am
Greetings Ned,
I'm a big fan of Coach Caravana and look forward to Big Red visiting again. (Also OWU; two terrific programs and coaches.)

IWU visited Salisbury earlier this year (22-6). Big, strong, athletic, well coached, unassisted run and gun. Good action for the fans to watch. Caravana may want to ask Berkman for a copy of the game film although I'm sure he'll have his own strategy based on the strengths and weakness of his players. Basically the Gull D played them close and physical. IWU doesn't seem to stress D so the Gull O was able to score. In Q 4 the IWU D got frustrated and drew two bad penalties.

DU's disciplined play should carry the day.
Hi Mr. Lax ... been a long time. Very happy to reconnect! Yes let's hope Denison gets the privilege to come to that great venue and test themselves against what I consider to be the D3 men's lacrosse Bell Cow! After the sting of losing wears off - I enjoy recalling the previous games with pride and a smile at the effort put forth by the Big Red! Good luck to your Gulls and I hope we get the 3rd version of this installment and it lives up to the last 2.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The D3 Men National Tournaments First Round Games commence at 4 and 7 PM EST.

4- New England College vs. Norwich
4- SUNY Maritime vs. Grove City
4- Stockton vs. Morrisville
7- John Carroll vs. Hope
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nosey Ned wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 am
DeepPocket wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:01 am Indeed, perhaps I am completely wrong in my second round “upset”. Heck, maybe I’m wrong with every prediction in my bracket. (Wouldn’t be the first time)

Kinda like "careful what you wish for - you just might get it!" ?

I do know 1 thing - if Denison is fortunate enough to get past Concordia Wisconsin and the Rhodes v IWU winner, they'll hop on the bus to Salisbury looking to finally win that game. Two 1 goal losses will have them believing they can .... as many of their 11 seniors played significant minutes in both those games. Now of course "believing" and "doing" are two different things but you have to believe you can before you actually do. So I guess my point is, DU won't be going hoping to just "compete" - they'll be going to win. But that said they will be the underdog for sure!

If Decamp was 100% I’d say that Denison had a punchers chance. With the advent of the shot clock Denison won’t be able to alter the pace of the game( their style was always long ball possessions). Seen Denison 3x this year good team nice season but this is where they get off the bus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

New England College v. Norwich being live streamed.
SUNY Maritime v. Grove City is being live streamed.
Stckton vs. Morrisville St. is being live streamed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As expected, Morrisville is a small dot in Stockton's rear view mirror.
richard

Post by richard »

A lot of people wonder about who the heck is Morrisville. We should all know that John Grant Jr went there for 2 years before going to Deleware. Also Jason Longo is a good coach. getting kids to head there is another story. They do have a strong equestrian program. It is just up the road from Colgate.
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

Decisions aren't to be predicated on previous performances, otherwise it would be a clear case of bias. SOS. NorthCoast ? :roll:
Laxcoach55

Post by Laxcoach55 »

NEC advances to face Tufts tomorrow.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Watched the Maritime/Grove City game. Run & gun; OT excitement; clean game; two great groups of young men; prayer circle at the finish. BOOYAH to both teams and their coaches.

Anyone has any questions about young men in America today; watch this game or any of the service academy games.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

richard wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:32 pm A lot of people wonder about who the heck is Morrisville. We should all know that John Grant Jr went there for 2 years before going to Deleware. Also Jason Longo is a good coach. getting kids to head there is another story. They do have a strong equestrian program. It is just up the road from Colgate.
Paul Rose (RIP) coached Morrisville State for 8 years following his lax yeoman's work at Geneseo.

https://www.cortlandreddragons.com/hof. ... obile=skip
richard

Post by richard »

tech37 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:45 pm [quote=richard post_id=49969 time=<a href="tel:1557261159">1557261159</a> user_id=418]
A lot of people wonder about who the heck is Morrisville. We should all know that John Grant Jr went there for 2 years before going to Deleware. Also Jason Longo is a good coach. getting kids to head there is another story. They do have a strong equestrian program. It is just up the road from Colgate.
Paul Rose (RIP) coached Morrisville State for 8 years following his lax yeoman's work at Geneseo.

https://www.cortlandreddragons.com/hof. ... obile=skip
[/quote]

Rose was coach at Geneseo when I was at Hartwick. Their 74 team went 12-1 and won the ECAC vs Union. Union only lost a couple that year. Rose had them playing a zone defense which was almost unheard of at the time. They beat us twice that year once by 2or 3 and in the tournament by a bunch. He was a very good coach. Another of the many great Cortland coaches.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MrLax2U wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm Watched the Maritime/Grove City game...
I felt the same way. Entertaining.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All Teams Play Second Round Games Today. The best games of the day... #14 Gettysburg vs. #15 St. Johns Fischer, #6 Cabrini vs. #16 DeSales, and #13 vs. #28 Cortland.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”