Fall Lacrosse Schedules

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: Fall Lacrosse Schedules

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Am I the only one who thinks the US roster for this event is more than a little suspect? Clearly some "A" list players opted out and we got what we got.

As far as sloppy and reckless, could not agree more. It looks like backyard pick up out there. Is this really the best representation of the sport?

I do LOVE watching Levy play. Creative, loose, and always looks like she is having fun. Still no right hand, but who cares!?!?!
DMac

Post by DMac »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:03 pm I do LOVE watching Levy play. Creative, loose, and always looks like she is having fun. Still no right hand, but who cares!?!?!
100% agreement. That type of player could not have played for a better college coach, that's a pretty good fit.
Nicole needed to shoot more in this one, gotta let that low heat go from out front more often.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:42 pm
user1020 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:10 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:59 am Not fall ball but Super Sixes Tourney going on now.
USA-Haudenosaunee, 6-5 Haudenosaunee at the half.
Can see it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNzKtTYWYk
Thanks for the link. Love watching any type of lacrosse, but the more I watch Sixes the more I dislike it. It’s sloppy and reckless and not nearly at pretty of a game as regular lacrosse. I can’t express my distaste for it enough.
Agree. I dislike it as well. Unfortunately think they will be heading there. At least in the Olympics.
Agree and am bummed. If the olympics had decided the only soccer they would add to the olympics was 6 v6, the soccer world would have said “but that’s not soccer”. Sixes isn’t womens lacrosse. It’s something else….and I’d rather have no lacrosse at Olympics than sixes….
DMac

Post by DMac »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:28 pm It’s something else….and I’d rather have no lacrosse at Olympics than sixes….
Have expressed my opinion about this many times. A bastardized version of a gorgeous game to appease the casual fan (am not a fan of the casual fan and what is done for them in the name of "growing the game"). Grow the game at the expense of the game itself, it's bullschidt and the keepers of the game are selling it out. The World Games are the Olympics of lacrosse, leave it at that, respect the game.
Here, here's a little feel good, uplifting clip (might tear up a bit though) to get your mind off the slimeballs who are selling out our game. Has absolutely nothing to do with lacrosse but a mind boggling, stunning performance but a gutsy little 15 year old girl. Enjoy....and you're welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIhq1tb8Co&t=12s
DMac

Post by DMac »

For the Bronze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqepu-1y2ig
Likely a blowout but I like seeing the Haudenosaunee wlaxers medal (it's a big deal).
This one's a little tough to watch (enjoying the Jags beating the Bills right now though)
15-2 H', end of 3.
21-4, final.

USA-Canada for the Gold up next, 11:30 face off.
Nor seeing the USA gals winning this one, Canada looked a whole lot better in their last meeting.
3-1 Canada end of 1.
Canada just better at this game.
Better D, better GK too.
Can see it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VIYrNTp3U
6-3 C at the half. US hangin' tough.
No new news here, Ally Mastroianni is SUCH a workhorse!!

Wow, 7-6 USA end of 3.
Gonna be an intense 4th....for the Gold.
Geezuz H, Spense is unreal!!!
Couple of blown chances by the US too.
7-7 3 1/2 to go.
Oops, Arsenault goal, 8-7 US.

8-7 final, USA wins the Gold.
Moreno with 2 huge saves on Canada's last possession.
Came up big when most needed.
Congrats, USA, very gutsy performance!!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I loathe "Sixes."
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:13 pm I loathe "Sixes."
Just about everyone does except the clowns that are going to make it happen.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:20 pm
So, what do you think we should do?

Write US Lacrosse?

2 Loveton Circle Sparks, MD 21152

Write World Lacrosse?

1631 Mesa Avenue, Suite A
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

I don't need the sport to be an Olympic sport. That won't enamor me to the "grow the sport" crowd.
DMac

Post by DMac »

They're the ones who are $elling it out, Sc.
These guys are hell bent on making this happen and it absolutely is at the cost of the game.
Their pitch is nauseating
Last edited by DMac on Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:32 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:20 pm
So, what do you think we should do?

Write US Lacrosse?

2 Loveton Circle Sparks, MD 21152

Write World Lacrosse?

1631 Mesa Avenue, Suite A
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

I don't need the sport to be an Olympic sport. That won't enamor me to the "grow the sport" crowd.
If you want to waste a stamp and a piece of paper. They can give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/691800239 ... __tn__=H-R

A little fall ball at Hopkins (not open to the public there either).
GO CUSE!!
scrantonlax

Post by scrantonlax »

Game was at the University of Scranton this afternoon. Open to anyone who wanted to watch. Syracuse took it 20-14 over Hop. Although the 4th quarter appeared to be more bench players.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks, I was given some bum skinny and passed it along.
Nice little treat to go watch the girls play.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

scrantonlax wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:14 pm Game was at the University of Scranton this afternoon. Open to anyone who wanted to watch. Syracuse took it 20-14 over Hop. Although the 4th quarter appeared to be more bench players.
6-2 hop end first. 9-8 cuse half. 13-12 hop end third I believe. And yeah, fourth quarter was a mess.

The first have was rough with all the green cards. Coaches decided to have the refs stop with them in second half thankfully. Sounds like there is going to be a lot of coaches going to NCAA to scrap the rule change with green cards for every foul between the 30s. It’s going to completely take the ride out of the game.
UpDownLax

Post by UpDownLax »

I was in Scranton today with my daughter to watch the game. Cuse pulled most of their starters at half and Hop had most of theirs out midway thru the third quarter. Other than a lull in the first quarter, Syracuse looked like the better squad. Liked what I saw from 18, 44, 20 and 23 on Hop plus Doucette is a big upgrade in cage for the Jays. As for Cuse, impressed with freshmen 21 and 4 plus both goalies were on their game. A lot of recognizable faces in sweats for Cuse, probably 5 or 6 spring starters.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Dmac, you didn't just go there did you?

That's like writing to Trump in trying to put an end to lack of decency, integrity, and lying.
These guys are hell bent on making this happen and it absolutely is at the cost of the game.
Their pitch is nauseating.

So your feckless president is an upstanding leader of the free world? The Bidens are the most corrupt family barring Hilary and Bill. Pay to play, receiving money thru Hunter's dealing with our world enemies and Ukraine and we have all the receipts, texts, emails, witnesses and a laptop. How about his plagiarism and lies, not to mention his mush mouth scrambled brain answers. This guy doesn't even answer questions about anything. Love his boarder policy, bidenflation, mandates that are killing America and his getting us into several wars while on his watch. Our enemies watch Biden fall so many times in front of his own troops, they know now is the time to test the US. Yikes!
DMac

Post by DMac »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:29 am Dmac, you didn't just go there did you?

That's like writing to Trump in trying to put an end to lack of decency, integrity, and lying.

So your feckless president is an upstanding leader of the free world? The Bidens are the most corrupt family barring Hilary and Bill. Pay to play, receiving money thru Hunter's dealing with our world enemies and Ukraine and we have all the receipts, texts, emails, witnesses and a laptop. How about his plagiarism and lies, not to mention his mush mouth scrambled brain answers. This guy doesn't even answer questions about anything. Love his boarder policy, bidenflation, mandates that are killing America and his getting us into several wars while on his watch. Our enemies watch Biden fall so many times in front of his own troops, they know now is the time to test the US. Yikes!
Sounds to me as if you're glad I did go there. I had second thoughts about using that example before hitting submit as I absolutely should never have opened the door for this kind discussion on any wlax thread. My bad, big bad. You can get all of this you want over at the Water Cooler. Put words in people's mouths that they never said, express your disgust and give your solutions on how to clean up the cesspool that is politics/politicians over there. You'll get plenty of engagement there but you won't here. I deleted that line from my post, you have no reason to continue here, take it to Water Cooler (caution, got some big boys over there who are likely to hand your asz to you).
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:08 am
livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:29 am Dmac, you didn't just go there did you?

Sounds to me as if you're glad I did go there. I had second thoughts about using that example before hitting submit as I absolutely should never have opened the door for this kind discussion on any wlax thread. My bad, big bad. You can get all of this you want over at the Water Cooler. Put words in people's mouths that they never said, express your disgust and give your solutions on how to clean up the cesspool that is politics/politicians over there. You'll get plenty of engagement there but you won't here. I deleted that line from my post, you have no reason to continue here, take it to Water Cooler (caution, got some big boys over there who are likely to hand your asz to you).
Man, you ain't never lyin'! You want to go over to the Politics board, better make sure you're loaded for bear and you better make even more sure you know what you're talking about else you'll be served up snapping and crackling like a rasher of bacon. Not for the faint of heart--the Politics board.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tion/62148

Not sure I added that right but there it is. Sixes. Great🤦🏻‍♂️
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tion/62148

Not sure I added that right but there it is. Sixes. Great🤦🏻‍♂️
This is literally a version of the sport played by nobody except for the olympics and other bespoke tournaments.
🤮

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”