Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:36 am It's sad.

Salty, the Trump AG's had 4 years to make a case. 2 years under Barr.

If that's not enough time to satisfactorily investigate a straightforward tax case, which is what these IRS agents allege it was, how come they weren't working faster, harder? They say it was simple, common...

You say "evidence was still coming in"...so...they didn't have enough to convict?

I don't buy it.

More likely they didn't have enough to make the case they really wanted to make, a connection with Joe himself.

So, then Trump appointed prosecutor Weiss has another 2 years to make the case and he ends up with a plea agreement and restitution.

And you and MAGA want us to believe that Weiss is lying, he was pressured by the Biden AG to not prosecute, accept the plea.

I don't buy it.
Again. Look at the timeline. The W PA FBI didn't complete the report from their CHS until June 30, 2020.
Do you expect an indictment before the investigation is complete, while evidence is still coming in ?
Again, I supported Trump's policies, decisions & actions which I agreed with.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:44 am

If that's not enough time to satisfactorily investigate a straightforward tax case, which is what these IRS agents allege it was, how come they weren't working faster, harder? They say it was simple, common...

You say "evidence was still coming in"...so...they didn't have enough to convict?

I don't buy it.

More likely they didn't have enough to make the case they really wanted to make, a connection with Joe himself.

So, then Trump appointed prosecutor Weiss has another 2 years to make the case and he ends up with a plea agreement and restitution.

And you and MAGA want us to believe that Weiss is lying, he was pressured by the Biden AG to not prosecute, accept the plea.

I don't buy it.
Again. Look at the timeline. The W PA FBI didn't complete the report from their CHS until June 30, 2020.
Do you expect an indictment before the investigation is complete, while evidence is still coming in ?
So, no indictment in July 2020 when that would have likely had a large political effect, which is what this was all really about in the first place?

Are you saying this was Trump's decision??? Not to indict???
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

https://www.alternet.org/grassley-gop/

There is nothing there really
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

A few sources have done a deep dive into the Hunter Biden laptop story. The consensus is the story os looking mote amd more like the GOP Clinton operation.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/7 ... nal-scheme
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:48 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:09 pm Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
Barr did not indict because the investigation was still ongoing. Evidence was still coming in.
Then there you go.

This means that the whistleblowers didn't know what the F they were talking about because they were low level, and didn't have the info. that Barr had.

So that's the end of yet another conspiracy from TeamTinFoil.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:07 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:44 am

I don't buy it.

I don't buy it.
So, no indictment in July 2020 when that would have likely had a large political effect, which is what this was all really about in the first place?

Are you saying this was Trump's decision??? Not to indict???
I don't know if Trump was even in the loop. The W PA FBI report was forwarded to Weiss (in DE) after June 30, 2020, when it fell to him to indict or not, unless Weiss felt it had to be done in DC or CA for the tax years that Biden resided there.

The Biden Admin took office in Jan 2021. Based on Whistleblower Shapley's testimony, the statute on Hunter's 2014 & 2015 tax years did not expire until Nov 2022 & a delay could have been requested.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66252781
In a 7 October 2022 meeting, Mr Shapley described how Mr Weiss told a group of senior IRS and FBI officials that he "was not the deciding person on whether charges are filed". Mr Shapley documented the meeting, which he attended, in an email later that day to an IRS colleague.

"That was my red line," Mr Shapley said during his Oversight Committee testimony. "The justice department allowed the president's political appointees to weigh in on whether to charge the president's son."

He said the following month, the statute of limitations was allowed to lapse on Hunter Biden's 2014 and 2015 tax returns, even though prosecutors could have sought an extension.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am I don't know if Trump was even in the loop. The W PA FBI report was forwarded to Weiss (in DE) after June 30, 2020, when it fell to him to indict or not, unless Weiss felt it had to be done in DC or CA for the tax years that Biden resided there.

Yeah. There's no conspiracy. Yet again, a total waste of America's time, brought to you by TeamTinFoil.......
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:09 pm Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
Barr did not indict because the investigation was still ongoing. Evidence was still coming in.
Then there you go.

This means that the whistleblowers didn't know what the F they were talking about because they were low level, and didn't have the info. that Barr had.

No. The whistleblowers testimony was based on an Oct 7, 2022 meeting with Weiss. Barr left office in Dec 2020.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:51 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:48 am I don't know if Trump was even in the loop. The W PA FBI report was forwarded to Weiss (in DE) after June 30, 2020, when it fell to him to indict or not, unless Weiss felt it had to be done in DC or CA for the tax years that Biden resided there.
Yeah. There's no conspiracy. Yet again, a total waste of America's time, brought to you by TeamTinFoil.......
https://waysandmeans.house.gov/six-key- ... anscripts/
Whistleblowers testified that investigations into Hunter Biden’s clear tax issues were met with a “Delay, Divulge, and Deny” campaign – that ultimately shielded the President’s son by allowing the statute of limitations to expire on several tax crimes for some of the most key years of violations – those when Joe Biden was the Vice President of the United States.

DELAY: Recurring unjustified delays pervaded the investigation, according to testimony, including in authenticating the details of message sent between Hunter Biden and Chinese officials. Investigators were told by U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf that “there is no way” a search warrant for evidence would get approved because the evidence would be found in the guest house of former Vice President Biden.

DIVULGE: Investigators found out that attorneys for Hunter Biden were tipped off by prosecutors about actions relating to the investigation in advance. For example, even as investigators had probable cause to search a Northern Virginia storage unit in which Hunter Biden had stored files, prosecutors tipped off attorneys for Biden, thus giving Biden and his attorneys the opportunity to gain access to the documents and potentially remove, destroy, or alter relevant evidence. Additionally, prosecutors tipped off various interview subjects in advance of the day of action, which resulted in investigators only being able to interview one out of twelve subjects they sought to meet with that day.

DENY: Prosecutors instructed investigators not to ask witnesses questions about Joe Biden or references to the “big guy.” Whistleblowers also testified that U.S. Attorney for the District of Delaware David Weiss told them at a meeting on October 7, 2022, that he tried to bring charges in the District of Columbia around March 2022 and was denied. Weiss sought special counsel status from DOJ in the Spring of 2022 and was denied. Investigators later learned that Weiss sought to bring charges in the Central District of California and had that request denied in January 2023.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:52 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am
Then there you go.

No. The whistleblowers testimony was based on an Oct 7, 2022 meeting with Weiss. Barr left office in Dec 2020.
Right. So we're back to: why didn't Barr indict?

I can do this all day.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:59 am
Whistleblowers testified that investigations into Hunter Biden’s clear tax issues were met with a “Delay, Divulge, and Deny” campaign – that ultimately shielded the President’s son by allowing the statute of limitations to expire on several tax crimes for some of the most key years of violations – those when Joe Biden was the Vice President of the United States.

DELAY: Recurring unjustified delays pervaded the investigation, according to testimony, including in authenticating the details of message sent between Hunter Biden and Chinese officials. Investigators were told by U.S. Attorney Lesley Wolf that “there is no way” a search warrant for evidence would get approved because the evidence would be found in the guest house of former Vice President Biden.

DIVULGE: Investigators found out that attorneys for Hunter Biden were tipped off by prosecutors about actions relating to the investigation in advance. For example, even as investigators had probable cause to search a Northern Virginia storage unit in which Hunter Biden had stored files, prosecutors tipped off attorneys for Biden, thus giving Biden and his attorneys the opportunity to gain access to the documents and potentially remove, destroy, or alter relevant evidence. Additionally, prosecutors tipped off various interview subjects in advance of the day of action, which resulted in investigators only being able to interview one out of twelve subjects they sought to meet with that day.

DENY: Prosecutors instructed investigators not to ask witnesses questions about Joe Biden or references to the “big guy.” Whistleblowers also testified that U.S. Attorney for the District of Delaware David Weiss told them at a meeting on October 7, 2022, that he tried to bring charges in the District of Columbia around March 2022 and was denied. Weiss sought special counsel status from DOJ in the Spring of 2022 and was denied. Investigators later learned that Weiss sought to bring charges in the Central District of California and had that request denied in January 2023.
Right. So we're STILL "investigating" after 4 and 5 years.

Where was the reasonable indictment after two years of investigation?

Again, I can do this all day. This should have NEVER reached 2021, let alone 2023.

Edit to add......Mueller report was finished in two years. It's ABSURD to say they can't handle a boilerplate tax evasion indictment in that time...the Mueller investigation was FAR more complicated, and yet, he got it done.

Any complaints from 2021 on mean NOTHING to me. Political games, and nothing more.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:05 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:59 am

Right. So we're STILL "investigating" after 4 and 5 years.

Where was the reasonable indictment after two years of investigation?

Again, I can do this all day. This should have NEVER reached 2021, let alone 2023.
Because it was based on IRS investigations of multiple tax years. Have you ever been involved in a dispute with the IRS ? It can take years to sort out, even when there's no criminality charged. I speak from experience. My experience was for just 1 tax year. It took years to be resolved (in my favor) & then only because of an inquiry by my lame duck Congressman on his way out of office.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:22 am Because it was based on IRS investigations of multiple tax years. Have you ever been involved in a dispute with the IRS ? It can take years to sort out, even when there's no criminality charged.
Great. Now we're back to the claims of "foot dragging" are lies from IRS agents who should know about your claim that "it can take years to sort out, even when there's no criminality charged".

They're on the stand, telling everyone that you you're lying, OS, and that they've never seen "slow walking" like this.

Again, we can do this all day, RRR. These are political games, trying desperately to find ways of magically skipping over any blame of the Trump administration, and landing perfectly on blaming Biden. I'm tired of this silly nonsense.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:27 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:22 am Because it was based on IRS investigations of multiple tax years. Have you ever been involved in a dispute with the IRS ? It can take years to sort out, even when there's no criminality charged.
Great. Now we're back to the claims of "foot dragging" are lies from IRS agents who should know about your claim that "it can take years to sort out, even when there's no criminality charged".

They're on the stand, telling everyone that you you're lying, OS, and that they've never seen "slow walking" like this.

Again, we can do this all day, RRR. These are political games, trying desperately to find ways of magically skipping over any blame of the Trump administration, and landing perfectly on blaming Biden. I'm tired of this silly nonsense.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:31 am

That's right. And you, naturally, think that applies to me, and not you.

These are Trump guys, OS. Trump's handpicked guys running both the FBI and the IRS for the entirety of Hunter's investigation.

You wanna blame them? Go right ahead. There's your conspiracy. Is Wray or Retting whistleblowing the DoJ?

Call me when they do. In the meantime, these IRS agents on the stand are claiming you're wrong, and two years is plenty of time for an indictment.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:07 pm

These are Trump guys, OS. Trump's handpicked guys running both the FBI and the IRS for the entirety of Hunter's investigation.

You wanna blame them? Go right ahead. There's your conspiracy. Is Wray or Retting whistleblowing the DoJ?

Call me when they do. In the meantime, these IRS agents on the stand are claiming you're wrong, and two years is plenty of time for an indictment.
Trump guys ? The Whistle blowers ? The DC & CA US Atty's ? The DE Asst US Atty ? You're not paying attention.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Let me sum up salty’s analysis. It will save everyone a lot of time.

Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi

Laptop laptop laptop

Deep State Deep State Deep State

Maga Maga Maga.

I think that about covers it.

Y’all have a great weekend.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Great summary on Twitter from Jeff Tiedrich:
listen up, stupids:
there is no "Hunter Biden laptop."
what exists is a disembodied hard drive that Rudy Giuliani farted on.
here's a dose of reality:
someone hacked Hunter Biden's iPhone.
they stole his data and downloaded it to a laptop.
"a" laptop — not "Hunter Biden's" laptop.
the hackers mixed some of Hunter Biden's actual data with a lot of faked bullsh!t.
forensic analysis has proved this.
this laptop's hard drive made its way to Rudy Giuliani.
the drive may have also passed through the hands of as many as 40 people.
your so-called "evidence" is f*cking worthless.
go read up about 'chain of custody' and get back to me.
meanwhile, sit the f*ck down and stop making noise, you sound like a weird obsessed loser
There is _far_ more evidence for this view than any other…
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Trump guys ? The Whistle blowers ? The DC & CA US Atty's ? The DE Asst US Atty ? You're not paying attention.
Yes. I am. We should agree to disagree, and move on. We'll never see eye to eye when it comes to the famed "Deep State".
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm

"whistle blowers" no, we don't know for sure their politics. But not political appointees.

But head of IRS and FBI and DOJ were all Trump appointees as of 2020, as were the DC and CA US attorneys, and the Delaware assistant Us attorney. ALL Trump appointees.

And, none of them are claiming that there was political interference preventing an indictment of Hunter in 2020, nor thereafter.

Including the current (Trump appointed) FBI and IRS head and the DE US attorney. None.

Just some investigators who grew frustrated with prosecutors (Trump appointed) who said the evidence they could credibly take to court was insufficient to have a strong confidence of successful prosecution. Happens every day of the week that investigators think they see a crime that prosecutors say they need stronger proof of before they will indict.

Yup, frustrating. What did Weiss actually say in that meeting?
Well, we know the investigators got at least one piece wrong, as Weiss says he was not ever asking for the sort of status Garland decided to do with Jack Smith, taking the DOJ entirely out of the loop, but rather a different status...but decided not to pursue it as he felt he had sufficient powers and no interference.

So, the investigators "misheard" that one...did they also "mishear" this sense that Weiss was being prevented by higher ups from extending the investigation further (after 4 years of investigation)? Was that something Weiss actually wanted to do? Weiss says no...and Weiss is the Trump appointed prosecutor purposely placed to prosecute Hunter...and who Biden/Garland didn't replace under their own authority to switch out US Attorneys..gave him full authority to make charging decisions.

Sure sounds immensely more plausible that the case was concluded to Weiss' satisfaction, given the actual evidence, and not under political pressure from Garland/Biden, etc.

Return to “POLITICS”