AreaLax

Re: Coaching Carousel 2023 - D1

Post by AreaLax »

Per IL
Metzbower Joins Denver Staff as Offensive Coordinator
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Fanlax should start charging IL for insider info....they just rip from this forum...I know of at least one journalist who searches for his name on here...
tech37

Post by tech37 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:08 pm Cuse should be interviewing Jake Coon HC RIT.

He brings everything thet need to the table. He coached the UMASS D when they went to the title game. He is an excellent goalie coach. He is a CNY/WNY guy. He is excellent with recruiting and people. He recruits the kind of of player GG likes. Great connections on Canada he probably has more Canadians on his team than almost anyone. Two titles. I expect RIT to go D-1 before to long. I don’t believe i have ever discussed coaches much if at all but this is a perfect fit
Great call...Coon would be an outstanding pick for SU.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:18 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:08 pm Cuse should be interviewing Jake Coon HC RIT.

He brings everything thet need to the table. He coached the UMASS D when they went to the title game. He is an excellent goalie coach. He is a CNY/WNY guy. He is excellent with recruiting and people. He recruits the kind of player GG likes. Great connections on Canada he probably has more Canadians on his team than almost anyone. Two titles. I expect RIT to go D-1 before to long. I don’t believe i have ever discussed coaches much if at all but this is a perfect fit
I can't see Coon leaving. He's making very good money and has carte blache to do or spend what he wants at RIT.

RIT has a unique situation with international students allowing him to bring more Canadians than any other school.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

D2fan wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:28 pm

He brings everything thet need to the table. He coached the UMASS D when they went to the title game. He is an excellent goalie coach. He is a CNY/WNY guy. He is excellent with recruiting and people. He recruits the kind of player GG likes. Great connections on Canada he probably has more Canadians on his team than almost anyone. Two titles. I expect RIT to go D-1 before to long. I don’t believe i have ever discussed coaches much if at all but this is a perfect fit
I can't see Coon leaving. He's making very good money and has carte blache to do or spend what he wants at RIT.

RIT has a unique situation with international students allowing him to bring more Canadians than any other school.
Of course. Needless to say, he would have to want to take on a new challenge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

[opportunity Forever"

cry of the southern tier
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

D2fan wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:28 pm

Coon can get a statue at RIT so agree unlikely he moves. Not sure they move to D1 I haven’t heard the institutional commitment to it ever but the name comes up regularly. D3 is really fine for most places of higher Ed w respect to true student athletes don’t want the pollution of D1 even if they have hickey. RPI had been rumored occasionally to move io but w football zero chance of that despite Shirley Jackson getting them into the 3 comma club of endowments.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:31 pm Per IL
does metz get them on their horse in the shot clock era? more evidence points to needing to be able to score.

i didn't look up denver's pace of play, but i'm gonna guess one thing brown will do differently is look to pick it up some.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:04 pm
does metz get them on their horse in the shot clock era? more evidence points to needing to be able to score.

i didn't look up denver's pace of play, but i'm gonna guess one thing brown will do differently is look to pick it up some.
It's interesting, denver has always played with pace WRT to moving the ball, but was always slow to pull the trigger on the shot...IMO it was Tierney's achilleas heel. He seemed to want ball control as much as possible and 'not settle' for a good shot, but the best shot or dunk. It was often frustrating to watch.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

russell, lacrosse reference does the best job of accumulating stats.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:04 pm

Good coaches have a funny way of landing on their feet. The year Breschi happens to can Metzy happens to be the same year the Big Dog retires out west. Leaving an opening on his staff for his old tried and true assistant to fly west to the Rockies. Good for Coach B, Coach T, Coach Metz, and Denver.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

If by "Coach B" you mean Matt Brown, then I agree.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Correct. Coach Brown; not Breschi.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Per Lax Ref, time to first shot (how long it took you to take your first shot in an offensive possession) last season in D1, Denver was....73rd.

So yeah....pretty dang slow. This year was by far the slowest they've ever been though, most years they're in the 50s. Highest they've been since 2018 is in the 40s.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Per IL

Breaking: @Mount_MLAX has hired longtime Mercyhurst head coach Chris Ryan to take over the program, multiple sources tell @Inside_Lacrosse. Ryan took @hurstmlaxtrain to the DII Final Four nine times, won a title in 2011 and made it to the national championship game this year.
laxgoalieunion28

Post by laxgoalieunion28 »

Magbride14 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:56 pm Well most of us cannot be all that surprised that Petro is heading down to Chapel Hill to coach jus twins, but they did lose Metzbower who was a big part of 7 natty championships & I still cannot believe that no one has snatched up Simon Conor from Nova ( with his crazy motion offense) and his Delbarton pipeline
I agree, just seems really odd to get rid of Metzbower and the addition you make is Petro? Petro is a great coach, but it seems like a very lateral step at best.
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

Ok, with the Manhattan HC heading up to Cuse, now the Jaspers should go after Simon Conor at Nova, after 16 seasons on the main line maybe it is time for a change of scenery for Mike Corrados asst coach. He can bring his motion offense and his Delbarton pipeline to Manhattan, just throwing it out there
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No point since ND and Duke are going to be in a bidding war for him soon. Throwing that out there.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

Why is not Simon Conor and his Delbarton pipeline running for president?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Magbride14 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 pm Ok, with the Manhattan HC heading up to Cuse, now the Jaspers should go after Simon Conor at Nova, after 16 seasons on the main line maybe it is time for a change of scenery for Mike Corrados asst coach. He can bring his motion offense and his Delbarton pipeline to Manhattan, just throwing it out there
This bit went from being funny, to weird, back to being funny again, and now I think it's circled back to weird. If it goes on another month or two then it's got a chance to cycle back to funny. Have to give props to the commitment.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”