All America Games -undergrad teams

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Re: All America Games -undergrad teams

Post by LaxDadMax »

Laxdad126 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:26 pm I wonder what the economics are between the host/lead club and the organizer...in this case CSE.
For American select host club gets 15% of tryout fees and nice stipends for coaches in the event
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

2 years ago at the American Select tryouts in North Carolina, the "host club" director had her former players who are D2 coaches there as evaluators. Right in the middle of the tryouts, she had a clipboard and basically told the coaches who to select. We shouldn't have even wasted our money.

She also used the AS tryouts as a recruiting tool for her club, with several new players suddenly appearing on the club team's roster.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

cltlax wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:24 am 2 years ago at the American Select tryouts in North Carolina, the "host club" director had her former players who are D2 coaches there as evaluators. Right in the middle of the tryouts, she had a clipboard and basically told the coaches who to select. We shouldn't have even wasted our money.

She also used the AS tryouts as a recruiting tool for her club, with several new players suddenly appearing on the club team's roster.
The one thing I will say about American Select or to some teams in AA, it’s the only lacrosse showcase that is close to played like real lacrosse. What I’m watching for the last two days is nothing like it. I haven’t seen the ball thrown around once in six games. And why is that. Because the majority of the girls from AS are in a team together and not trying to “show” otherwise know As try to beat three girls on a slide.
But yeah. The selection process may be a little iffy.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”