Washington College 23

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WASHFAN

Re: Washington College 23

Post by WASHFAN »

The last two games have been interesting..Corrigan and the Defense have played great, seems that Nostrant is retooling the offense, don’t understand why..both games were extremely winnable.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Coerrigan and the Defense have played extremely well the last 2 games, believe it or not the offense is not the same as it was, not sure what the goal is of retooling the offense is. They are not playing as fast as they were and the ball isn’t moving as much..they had both these games won..but could not keep pace in second halves offensively…Temple is phenomenal but after 3 goals they are going to lock him down..Salisbury will..unless we figure something out for WOTS
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

I appreciate the recent turnaround, but the last few games are reflective of two things - the guys learning how to win and the very weak OOC schedule (minus Cortland and Salisbury). There will certainly be bumps in the road as the guys learn how to win games and put teams away, but the downside of the schedule is that the teams they have beaten this year are not very good. When playing better teams, they don't know how to finish games they can and should win - like at Dickinson and tonight. The experience of beating better teams will come, but feasting on a host of bad teams doesn't help teach how to battle better teams. Having a cupcake or two a year is fine, but I think the weak scheduling has not set them up well. Now, that might change next year with some more experience winning, but I see maybe only 1 more win the rest of the schedule. Beating cupcakes is good to an extent, but eating nothing but sugar for dinner is going to be bad.
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

:oops: :x :x
Last edited by laxgeek37 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

laxgeek37 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:47 am Tough times for the Shoremen and all the alums. Heartbreaking to say the least. Don't give up hope. Shoremen can still make the 5 spot in the CC play in w a couple wins and some razzle-dazzle
Couldn’t disagree more. These are not tough times for the players and alums. We have our guy. He is moving this thing in the right direction. No one expected it to happen quickly. See my earlier posts. No alarm bells from the alumni that’s for sure.
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

Last edited by laxgeek37 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

The sho is heading in great direction. I believe they can make sone noice in CC tournament. Wide open!!
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

The sho is heading in great direction. I believe they can make sone noice in CC tournament. Wide open!!
I really thought they would beat either F&M and Ursinus or at least come away with a win from 1 of those games. Comparing last year's schedule, if they lose to Gettysburg they actually will have a worse conference record than last year.

I think they are improving but I think so is everyone else. They need to close out a few of those conference games next year.
DuelingBanjos

Post by DuelingBanjos »

Frank Rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:14 pm
DuelingBanjos wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:54 am Have been impressed with how the boys have looked so far this year. Definitely have exceeded my expectations for them so far.

That being said….I’m still concerned at how things are going to look when they come up against competition that’s consistently good….like the stretch of games they’re about to encounter. Will definitely be a big step to see just how far they’ve come, but the positive signs are there for sure.
Ending the season going 0-7 in the last 7 games i going to be brutal
Well, when you’re right, you’re right, I guess

Had a couple chances to steal a win during this stretch, but close isn’t close enough as they say. And the finish to the season today, ouch.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Losing to 3 top-20 teams in a row by a combined 7 goals (sorry not including Salisbury) definitely shows the future is bright in Chestertown and they are on the right path. A lot of positives to take from the season
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Any idea what the incoming class is looking like? Are any seniors using their extra year?
Shoregouzer58

Post by Shoregouzer58 »

Congratulations to TC White, Ewan Temple, and alum Ryan Leahy on participating in the USILA DIII All-Star Game yesterday. The future is bright on the Shore. Also I heard that Corrigan is transferring to Ithaca next year and looks like we have them on the schedule on March 15th. Awkwarddddd.
formerwclaxer

Post by formerwclaxer »

Inside Lacrosse as of now lists 18 kids coming. Many from very solid programs. 0n paper, a very impressive class for Coach N. in my opinion. Would love to see a transfer or two added this summer.
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

Shoregouzer58 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am Congratulations to TC White, Ewan Temple, and alum Ryan Leahy on participating in the USILA DIII All-Star Game yesterday. The future is bright on the Shore. Also I heard that Corrigan is transferring to Ithaca next year and looks like we have them on the schedule on March 15th. Awkwarddddd.
Is next years schedule viewable somewhere?
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

westernbestern wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:31 am
Shoregouzer58 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am Congratulations to TC White, Ewan Temple, and alum Ryan Leahy on participating in the USILA DIII All-Star Game yesterday. The future is bright on the Shore. Also I heard that Corrigan is transferring to Ithaca next year and looks like we have them on the schedule on March 15th. Awkwarddddd.
Is next years schedule viewable somewhere?
Usually not out until November
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

Saw Coach Chakey will be going to High Point to be the D coordinator. Great for him. Great meeting him at some games and events. Any news on the replacement?
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

laxgeek37 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:11 pm Saw Coach Chakey will be going to High Point to be the D coordinator. Great for him. Great meeting him at some games and events. Any news on the replacement?
Pat Tracy I believe. Saw him at a tournament 2 weeks ago recruiting with a WAC shirt on
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

westernbestern wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:26 am
laxgeek37 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:11 pm Saw Coach Chakey will be going to High Point to be the D coordinator. Great for him. Great meeting him at some games and events. Any news on the replacement?
Pat Tracy I believe. Saw him at a tournament 2 weeks ago recruiting with a WAC shirt on
If so, great hire. PT did a hell of a job getting High Point off the ground with Coach Torpey.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”