The NFL and lacrosse worlds lost an all time great today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Justalaxdad

The NFL and lacrosse worlds lost an all time great today

Post by Justalaxdad »

Jim Brown - NFL and Lacrosse HOF’er, social activist and actor. I’ve obviously only seen him on old NFL footage but the man was clearly one of, if not, the best all-around athletes to ever compete. Retired in his prime because he wanted to be remembered as an all time great and not someone who just hung around (and then of course, there was Art Modell but I digress). Went on to an acting career and a leader in social activism.

RIP #32
GratefulRed

Re: The NFL and lacrosse worlds lost an all time great today

Post by GratefulRed »

Justalaxdad wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:28 pm Jim Brown - NFL and Lacrosse HOF’er, social activist and actor. I’ve obviously only seen him on old NFL footage but the man was clearly one of, if not, the best all-around athletes to ever compete. Retired in his prime because he wanted to be remembered as an all time great and not someone who just hung around (and then of course, there was Art Modell but I digress). Went on to an acting career and a leader in social activism.

RIP #32
:!: :!:
DMac

Re: The NFL and lacrosse worlds lost an all time great today

Post by DMac »

Old enough to have seen him play quite a number of times on black and white TV. Coverage wasn't quite what it is today, didn't get as many games but when the Browns were playing they were on. Jimmy was something else, was mighty tough to stop and when you did you'd have to do it again. Good luck wif dat. Sam Huff and Jimmy Brown....and the rules were very different. Tough stuff. Been lucky enough to have spoken with Simmons Jr about him a couple times, says nothing different than most everyone else, an incredible athlete who was nearly impossible to stop.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”