Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: Live Game Action

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:20 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:14 pm 13-7. Comfortable W but, despite the score, not a blow-out. SU moves on...
This talk of a blow out or not a blow out is strange to me. JMU lost the first game of the season 14-9. Then didn't lose again until a good Florida team beat them by a goal. JMU is a very good, very well-coached team, with a great defense and a very able goalie. Syracuse wins this by six goals; seems like a pretty convincing win to me.
^^^^^ and what NJBill said. Plus, success this deep in the postseason often depends on role players stepping up ... cue #1 for the Cuse on attack and in the draw circle.
Last edited by watcherinthewoods on Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:09 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:59 pm One more take. It's a long season and a long National Tourney. SU needs to win to move onto the Final Four. So that's what they'll do. No need for a blow-out. The season is a marathon. Whether consciously or subconsciously, pacing oneself matters.
I guess. Also depends on how tyrells shoot
1 goal on 8 shots to me are the difference
In it being a blow out or not
Thought the exact same thing. If Meaghan Tyrrell remembered (at any point) how to shoot the ball in that game, it would've been over a lot sooner. Definitely not a good performance by her.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

And CMM comes in mot knowing what players belong on which team.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

And CMC comes in not knowing what players belong on which team.
DMac

Post by DMac »

#1 for Cuse, MVP of the game. What didn't she do (sat in front of her mom)?
GK for JMU was outstanding, kept the game closer than it well could have
been for quite awhile.
Decided to wear this to the game, didn't give JMU's colors a thought.
Coulda sat in the middle of the JMU fans (who were loud and enthusiastic)
and they would have thought I was one of theirs. Looks blue but believe me
it's JMU (Onondaga Nation) purple. Nice choice for a Cuse fan, eh?
I do not, do not, do not like having Larry for an official. Do not!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:13 pm Nice, methodical, composed effort to get to the Final Four. One team is in.
Right on the money, IMO, composed being the key word.
Didn't get rattled when shots weren't going in and things
weren't going quite their way. Good game by the Cuse girls.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I have to agree about Larry Carr. I used to think he was a good official back when I would see him doing high school games in Maryland. But to my eyes, he has missed a bunch of calls in recent years. Last year on the Aldave closest to the ball on the rebound off the pipe. Today, how in the world did he fall for that JMU actress’ con job and think Syracuse no. 1 hit her with her stick? For goodness sake, he was 20 feet away.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:21 pm I have to agree about Larry Carr. I used to think he was a good official back when I would see him doing high school games in Maryland. But to my eyes, he has missed a bunch of calls in recent years. Last year on the Aldave closest to the ball on the rebound off the pipe. Today, how in the world did he fall for that JMU actress’ con job and think Syracuse no. 1 hit her with her stick? For goodness sake, he was 20 feet away.
He also called the ridiculous charge on the goal by DMac's favorite redhead from 30 yards behind the play. He makes himself way too big a part of every game he works. You always know you're in for a ton of ref conferences when you see Larry out there.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:15 pm
njbill wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:21 pm I have to agree about Larry Carr. I used to think he was a good official back when I would see him doing high school games in Maryland. But to my eyes, he has missed a bunch of calls in recent years. Last year on the Aldave closest to the ball on the rebound off the pipe. Today, how in the world did he fall for that JMU actress’ con job and think Syracuse no. 1 hit her with her stick? For goodness sake, he was 20 feet away.
He also called the ridiculous charge on the goal by DMac's favorite redhead from 30 yards behind the play. He makes himself way too big a part of every game he works. You always know you're in for a ton of ref conferences when you see Larry out there.
"Oh Larry" is a common utterance when I am watching a game he is in....Can't deny he has paid his dues to get where he is, but he often puts his thumb on the scales.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm
"Oh Larry" is a common utterance when I am watching a game he is in....Can't deny he has paid his dues to get where he is, but he often puts his thumb on the scales.
You can usually here fans yelling “Come on Larry” on tv at most the games he does.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very surprised by the announced attendance at the Cuse game, showing 1,100 but it sure looked and felt like a whole lot more than that. I guessed 2K.
Yes, horrible call on the tall redhead, really got shafted on that one. Love the way she's decided to go to the cage these days though, she's tough to stop.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:25 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm
You can usually here fans yelling “Come on Larry” on tv at most the games he does.
Been there, done that

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”