Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxbuck

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Laxbuck »

I would be very surprised if he isn’t eligible for 2024 season. Mike Rastiivo was at LIU in 2021 and knows Richie very well. Will be interesting to see how he is utilized.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

The fact Rastivo is there at St Joes is another huge reason he should be there. Rastivo can keep him happy and playing well. It actually hurt LIU last yr when Rastivo left to go back to St Joes. He knows how to use Richie and Richie loved playing in his offense. He's a great coach.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I see all of this but it doesn’t change that a kid who started at D2, made multiple life choices not related to life but lacrosse including moving to Columbus Ohio and then not sticking it out. We can clearly see he doesn’t care about school or academics from all the bouncing around which is fine but he was out chunks of 21 and a good portion of last year and this is a key piece to someone’s future? I go back to my original comment of good luck integrating someone who makes those decisions in life.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Gait confirmed that he got a “pair of guys” that are in the portal and still playing will being coming to Cuse in his interviewed on Q’s podcast

Post by 1766 »

Definitely English and Stevens. Been done for months. At least English.
The real beast

Post by The real beast »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 am I see all of this but it doesn’t change that a kid who started at D2, made multiple life choices not related to life but lacrosse including moving to Columbus Ohio and then not sticking it out. We can clearly see he doesn’t care about school or academics from all the bouncing around which is fine but he was out chunks of 21 and a good portion of last year and this is a key piece to someone’s future? I go back to my original comment of good luck integrating someone who makes those decisions in life.
This is a little mean. You don’t know the kid. So what if he’s making decisions based off lacrosse. He probably loves the game. And you clearly make life decisions based off lacrosse going on a forum to tear down a college student.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 am I see all of this but it doesn’t change that a kid who started at D2, made multiple life choices not related to life but lacrosse including moving to Columbus Ohio and then not sticking it out. We can clearly see he doesn’t care about school or academics from all the bouncing around which is fine but he was out chunks of 21 and a good portion of last year and this is a key piece to someone’s future? I go back to my original comment of good luck integrating someone who makes those decisions in life.
Richie didn't start at D 2. He started in 2020 the yr LIU went up to D 1. He was actually going to Vermont but didn't wanna go away he wanted to stay home and play with his bro. They both live with his grandmother as she took care of both since kids. The kid didn't have an easy life. That's why I felt like he would have lasted at St Joes due to Rastivo. The reason he left Ohio State was obviously he thought he could save his yr if eligibility being he left exactly after his 4th game. If he can pull it out then once u play more then 4 games that's it he had no shot. He was a senior this yr plus has his Covid yr. I honestly think it was due to not being utilized and also being alone in Ohio. At St Joes he had Rastivo. Like I said he's been thru a lot as a kid. I get what ur saying but if u knew him and his story u might feel a little differently. He's not a bad kid. I think it either has to be St Joes or stay home and join Behlen at Stonybrook. I'm never a fan of quitting but I do get why he did it. I don't think he will get this yrs eligibility back but that is what he was thinking.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Oh also he wasn't out chunks in 21 he played in every game. I don't think he missed a game at all in his 3 yrs at LIU. Look he will get another shot somewhere and maybe yep plays great and he graduates with a degree, Young kids make mistakes. Some more then others but he can still learn from them and do well for himself.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... r-24/61472
https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/16 ... 9912942592

Albany: Joey Pezzimenti (A)-> Le Moyne
Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M), Matthew DeSouza (FO), Thomas Greenblatt (M), Max Napoli (M), Quinn O'Hara (M)
Boston U: Christian Quadrino (M)#
Brown: Matthew Gunty (FO), Griffin King (M), Devon McLane (A)
Bucknell: Daniel Striano (M), Hank Bethel (D)
Canisius: Colin Kelly (A), Kevin Carney (A)
Colgate: Connor Brook (M), Thomas Colucci (FO), Donny Gayhardt (D), Michael Lia (D)
Cornell: Chayse Ierlan (G)
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (D) -> Rutgers
Delaware: Corbin Minard (FO)
Harvard: Chase Yager (M)
Holy Cross: Jayce Lambert (M), Cameron Magalotti (M), Thomas McIntire (A)
Jacksonville: Ezekiel Lomax (M), Luke Robinson (M), Steven Woolery (M)
Lafayette: Liam DiFonzo (M), JP Robinson (D), James Turco (FO), Ryan Duncan (A)
Lehigh: Caleb Creasor (G), Christian Mule (A)
Loyola: Joey Greco (G)
Marquette: Sean Richard (G), Michael Allieri (G)
Maryland: Brian Burlace (LSM), Jackson Marshall (G), Gavin Tygh (FO)
Mercer: Thomas Berry (A)->Le Moyne, Wesley Chairs (D) -> Georgetown
Michigan: Jake Bonomi (M)
Navy: Max Silva (LSM)
North Carolina: Matt Wright (LSM)
Notre Dame: Maximus Schalit (D)
Ohio State: Daniel Garone (M), Oran Gelinas (G)#, Richie LaCalandra (A)
Princeton: Sam English (M), Jake Stevens (M), Alex Slusher (A), Beau Pederson (SSDM), Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A), Griffen Rakower (G), Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D)
Providence: Justin Bordner (FO)
Rutgers: Erik Henig (M), Remington Reynolds (LSM/M)#, Matt Dollive (M)#, Luke Romanek (FO)#
Sacred Heart: Nick Labanca (G)
St. Joe's: Ryan Kemp (A)
Syracuse: Liam Ferris (M)#
UMass: Kevin Lynch (D)
Vermont: Nicholas Alviti (LSM), Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State, Jackson Canfield (D), Stone Jacobs (A), Daniel Manning (D), Timothy Manning (D), Per-Anders Olter (A), Colin Sharkey (M)
Virginia: Daniel Parker (M), Mac Eldridge (FO)#
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC
Wagner: Eli Fisher (M), Danny Brady (G), Brendan Higgins (LSM)
Yale: Lucas Osborne (M)#

D2/D3/Other

Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Christopher Newport: Cambell Pozin (M)
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D), George Raymond (A)
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lenoir-Rhyne: Torin Eccleston (M), Bryce Reece (M)
Pace: Anthony Caputo (M) -> Jacksonville
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
Stanford Football: Ricky Meizan (M); Duke Reeder (D)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D)
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A)
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)

Key
* in the portal for 2025 season
# undergraduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Transfer action is going to be wild this year. And will have an effect on the top 5/10 rankings. Awful lot of talent available and maybe it won't be the same programs that it's been. Big changes coming.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Last year of the transfer portal they way it is now. Next year is the last year of the COVID extra years. Will allow Patriot League and Ivy to have better opportunity to compete.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Formerhound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:20 am Last year of the transfer portal they way it is now. Next year is the last year of the COVID extra years. Will allow Patriot League and Ivy to have better opportunity to compete.
I get your point, but did you see PL representative ARMY, yesterday, and IVY YALE, played great against GT. Two ivies go today, so that's 3 out of 16 in the tournament. Pretty competitive already.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:32 am
Formerhound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:20 am Last year of the transfer portal they way it is now. Next year is the last year of the COVID extra years. Will allow Patriot League and Ivy to have better opportunity to compete.
I get your point, but did you see PL representative ARMY, yesterday, and IVY YALE, played great against GT. Two ivies go today, so that's 3 out of 16 in the tournament. Pretty competitive already.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Agree 100%. Army, however, has an extra year because almost every kid does Army prep instead of freshman year. In essence the whole freshman class is re-classed. Ivy and Patriot league doesn’t allow non- injury red shirting and don’t allow fifth year transfers. The best players on GTown are fifth year transfers. Same with many programs. After next year the playing field will be leveling off a bit like it used to be pre COVID.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Formerhound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:46 pm
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Agree 100%. Army, however, has an extra year because almost every kid does Army prep instead of freshman year. In essence the whole freshman class is re-classed. Ivy and Patriot league doesn’t allow non- injury red shirting and don’t allow fifth year transfers. The best players on GTown are fifth year transfers. Same with many programs. After next year the playing field will be leveling off a bit like it used to be pre COVID.
Not every kid does prep school and it’s more for school and learning the military way of life, do they get bigger and stronger yes, but lax wise you usually have a mix of committed kids and kids that fill the roster it’s not the best lacrosse you will see.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

Because no kids on Ivy rosters are pre first/re-classed/PG’d. SMH
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

lorin wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:31 pm
Formerhound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:46 pm
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Not every kid does prep school and it’s more for school and learning the military way of life, do they get bigger and stronger yes, but lax wise you usually have a mix of committed kids and kids that fill the roster it’s not the best lacrosse you will see.
Maybe not "every kid", but plenty do the prep year. Also, The SA's have no "scholarship" restrictions. I understand it is nothing like traditional college, but getting paid(not NIL deals) to get a great degree ain't too shabby..
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Wingate: Willie Grieco (A) in portal.
3x First Team AA. Quarterback type. Some eye-popping seasons. Could see some decent schools going after him.

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:31 pm Wingate: Willie Grieco (A) in portal.
3x First Team AA. Quarterback type. Some eye-popping seasons. Could see some decent schools going after him.

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p
Rutgers or GTown probably already calling.

Post by 1766 »

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Army, and Navy for that matter, might not have the portal available, but go look at their rosters and see how many of those kids prepped a year. I don't have an issue with it but to say they aren't taking advantage of having older players is ridiculous. Not saying you are saying that, but some do. The average age, if that matters, isn't much different than programs who portal guys, and in fact, is probably older across the board. Last year Army had over 50% of their team that prepped a year. That's a lot of 23/24 year old guys.

Post by 1766 »

dupe
Last edited by 1766 on Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”