Delaware Blue Hens 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Delaware Blue Hens 2023

Post by youthathletics »

Was hoping to see a a closer game for at least 3 qtrs.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
molo

Post by molo »

Complete rout.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

The MAAC is a competitive conference for the teams in it but they can't compete with any other conference. Sacred Heart and Mt St Mary's we're both bottom teams in the NEC and were good teams this yr in the MAAC. LIU lost all there top players to the portal so not the same team. I knew this would be a blowout. The difference in talent is huge.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

In a “normal” year where there were not 20 stupendous defensemen (exaggeration) in DI,
Owen Grant would be hands down a 1st team All American.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Time for the Hens to rest their big players,

to be sure, DeLuca is sending a message to the other tournament teams,

and play their scrubs.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Yeah they gotta play Duke so need everyone healthy. Can't afford to lose anyone in this blowout.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wednesday night

before 1,857 at Delaware Stadium,

the largest crowd in Newark, Del. in 12 years
IDHen

Post by IDHen »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:31 am

Wednesday night

before 1,857 at Delaware Stadium,

the largest crowd in Newark, Del. in 12 years
It definitely was a good crowd. The one open vending window at Del. Stadium was swamped with very long lines.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Kinda low class to run up the score against a hapless team...
IDHen

Post by IDHen »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm Kinda low class to run up the score against a hapless team...

What should a team do? It’s quite insulting to just pass the ball around the perimeter when there’s still lots of time on the board. The Hens were taking some obviously off target shots to try to help the “hapless” NCAA qualifier who traveled to Newark to knock the Hens out.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm Kinda low class to run up the score against a hapless team...
Nothing low class went on at all
no running up the score,

Hens could have scored 30, they had 14 at halftime
and they could just as well have had 20.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Marist literally scored 29 goals in a game a few weeks ago. Also beat a “hapless team” 19-7 a few games ago.. get out of here with that “low class” B.S
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:27 pm
Marist literally scored 29 goals in a game a few weeks ago. Also beat a “hapless team” 19-7 a few games ago.. get out of here with that “low class” B.S
mmm, Tye Kurtz scored at 4:31 left in the 4th off of Mike Robinson assist...up 24-9, what were Delaware's best players doing still in the game?

Seriously, Robinson had 7 goals at that point and Kurtz had 4 goals and 3 assists. What, they both needed 8 points?

I understand back-ups scoring goals in the 4th Q of a blowout, only fair to let them play full speed, but what the heck are top players doing in the game at that point?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:10 pm
mmm, Tye Kurtz scored at 4:31 left in the 4th off of Mike Robinson assist...up 24-9, what were Delaware's best players doing still in the game?

Seriously, Robinson had 7 goals at that point and Kurtz had 4 goals and 3 assists. What, they both needed 8 points?

I understand back-ups scoring goals in the 4th Q of a blowout, only fair to let them play full speed, but what the heck are top players doing in the game at that point?
Beyond the sportsmanship issue, it’s a head scratching move when your team has to play Duke 3 days later.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I’ll go with the Red Fox alums take on this,
redfoxalum wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:13 pm
As a Marist backer, took no issue with how UD managed the 4th Q. Not only would it would be very hypocritical to complain after Marist's MAAC tournament, but it's the tourney and DeLuca needs to prepare his team for what's to come as he sees fit - be that getting guys reps, resting them, sending a message about being placed in the play in game again, etc. It's also the nature of the game in the shot clock era.

Looking towards Sunday, anticipating a close game. My only questions about UD heading into this game are 1) how do they handle playing a team of Duke's caliber after seeing nobody close to as good since JHU almost 2 months ago? 2) Face offs. Face offs are likely UD's achilles heel, and one of Duke's strengths. If Naso is dominating, but not winning extremely cleanly, I'd consider bumping another poll up to the wings. Delaware's polls are all pretty strong off the ground and causing turnovers. If the Hockenberry - Premtaj tandem can get to 40% and Kilkeary can save 50%, would be surprised if the outcome isn't in doubt late in the 4th Q.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

MD lax

You are the biggest clown on this forum. The only time you pop up on Delaware thread is to badmouth DeLuca because he didn’t start your beloved son in goal at Harvard. Get over it. The other goalie was better. And get a life. All you do is post on this stupid forum 24/7. Please find another hobby.
another fan

Post by another fan »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:24 pm I’ll go with the Red Fox alums take on this,
redfoxalum wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:13 pm
As a Marist backer, took no issue with how UD managed the 4th Q. Not only would it would be very hypocritical to complain after Marist's MAAC tournament, but it's the tourney and DeLuca needs to prepare his team for what's to come as he sees fit - be that getting guys reps, resting them, sending a message about being placed in the play in game again, etc. It's also the nature of the game in the shot clock era.

Looking towards Sunday, anticipating a close game. My only questions about UD heading into this game are 1) how do they handle playing a team of Duke's caliber after seeing nobody close to as good since JHU almost 2 months ago? 2) Face offs. Face offs are likely UD's achilles heel, and one of Duke's strengths. If Naso is dominating, but not winning extremely cleanly, I'd consider bumping another poll up to the wings. Delaware's polls are all pretty strong off the ground and causing turnovers. If the Hockenberry - Premtaj tandem can get to 40% and Kilkeary can save 50%, would be surprised if the outcome isn't in doubt late in the 4th Q.
Interested in the comment about face offs likely being the UD achille's heel. Has freshman, Michael Straub, seen any playing time? I remember reading last year that he could be the next Luke Weirman.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

rolldodge wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:12 pm

Beyond the sportsmanship issue, it’s a head scratching move when your team has to play Duke 3 days later.
Dylan Molloy anyone?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Henpecked wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:49 pm

MD lax

You are the biggest clown on this forum. The only time you pop up on Delaware thread is to badmouth DeLuca because he didn’t start your beloved son in goal at Harvard. Get over it. The other goalie was better. And get a life. All you do is post on this stupid forum 24/7. Please find another hobby.
Do you have an explanation as to why the best players were still scoring goals at 4:31, up 24-9? why they were still in the game?

I don't.

Happy to hear your explanation.
Note, I didn't characterize this as "low class", that was another poster.
I just don't understand the decision to have those guys playing at that point...do you?

You really want to get personal??

I've been clear, in detail, what a disaster DeLuca was at Cornell and Harvard, including the year after my son graduated. But I've also wished the Del program well, and he and his family well, hoping that whatever demons he has he figures out and handles better going forward.

But hey, everyone deserves a fourth chance. For him, Delaware.
If you want to re-hash all that, fine, but I think it's a dead horse.

So...how do you explain the starters racking up their 8th points each with just 4:31 left and up 24-9?

I don't get it, but maybe you do?
Did Marist "deserve" it because they'd done the same against someone else?
Is that the explanation?

At a minimum, I'd have thought that giving some of the other kids in the program some time would be a good thing.

BTW, this is a pretty darn good Delaware team, lots of talent, and as usual play hard. Not an easy out for anyone.
And I totally understand why that's seen positively by alums like you.
IDHen

Post by IDHen »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:37 pm
Henpecked wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:49 pm

MD lax

Do you have an explanation as to why the best players were still scoring goals at 4:31, up 24-9? why they were still in the game?

I don't.

Happy to hear your explanation.
Note, I didn't characterize this as "low class", that was another poster.
I just don't understand the decision to have those guys playing at that point...do you?

You really want to get personal??

I've been clear, in detail, what a disaster DeLuca was at Cornell and Harvard, including the year after my son graduated. But I've also wished the Del program well, and he and his family well, hoping that whatever demons he has he figures out and handles better going forward.

But hey, everyone deserves a fourth chance. For him, Delaware.
If you want to re-hash all that, fine, but I think it's a dead horse.

So...how do you explain the starters racking up their 8th points each with just 4:31 left and up 24-9?

I don't get it, but maybe you do?
Did Marist "deserve" it because they'd done the same against someone else?
Is that the explanation?

At a minimum, I'd have thought that giving some of the other kids in the program some time would be a good thing.

BTW, this is a pretty darn good Delaware team, lots of talent, and as usual play hard. Not an easy out for anyone.
And I totally understand why that's seen positively by alums like you.
Who knows and what does it matter? Maybe he preferred to let his players sharpen up in the scrimmage type arrangement vs. resting. It was their last appearance in Del. Statdium too and the fans really enjoy watching them play. He will have the team ready for Sunday.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”