Future of WLax Rules

D1 Womens Lacrosse
NattyBohChamps04

Re: Future of WLax Rules

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:01 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:35 am
laxfan22 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:50 am I mean where are those clamoring for 8 man baseball teams, 10 aside football, 10 aside soccer? 4v4 basketball? We could score more in those sports too.
We never should have gone from 12 to 10 players on the men's side of lacrosse. Really ruined the game for me. :D
Sure, let's shrink the women's field and give them long poles. ;)
I do find the evolution of the rules extremely interesting, especially as men's and women's lacrosse started with the same rules.

I was happy when wlax added boundaries, and happier when they added the shot clock (and happy when the men added it as well).

There was a lot of whining and moaning in my social media feeds about the new baseball rules, but they're working great.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:42 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm
Brownlax wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:19 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:04 am
njbill wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:50 pm I actually have never seen a ref card or even whistle a player for flopping or embellishment. I wonder if anyone else has.
I saw it once in a club game and it was probably the worst flop I've ever seen. Incidental contact then girl falls to the side and knocks her goggles off with her hands while falling
It's quite obvious that certain clubs seem to teach this strategy and it continues in college.
Not saying I support flopping, but from what I understand, the general consensus is that on the whole, fouls are not called enough. So, I can almost see where the embellishment is coming from. Idk, IMO a lot of things lead back to “call the GD game”
couldn't agree more - just call the game the way the rules are written and the behavior will change. If the ref's are not up to task, get rid of them. If nothing changes, well then, nothing changes.
THIS!!!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Another rule i’d like to see changed is when there is a foul on the draw and there is no possession yet, the attacking players should have to stay behind the restraining line until the ball is put back into play.

I’m watching the Bing VS Albany game and a Bing player got fouled. Whistle blown - all of the Albany attack sprinting the far restraining line and now Bing has to clear the ball against the entire team where if there was no whistle it would have been an easier clear. The team that gets fouled is put at a disadvantage.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”