The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 pm ... Biden announced his candidacy for 2024. Given what he has accomplished economically, even considering the inflation problem he has had, he will have a very very strong economic message and history for the middle class come election time. A republiCON party that campaigns on decreasing rights for the American people, lies about gays, transgenders, blacks, hispanics, women and drag queens ( :lol: ) can't win. Trump can't win. DeSanctimonious can't win. Maybe you guys should try Tuckyo Rose. :lol:
Has anybody informed Joe he is running for reelection? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:20 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 pm ... Biden announced his candidacy for 2024. Given what he has accomplished economically, even considering the inflation problem he has had, he will have a very very strong economic message and history for the middle class come election time. A republiCON party that campaigns on decreasing rights for the American people, lies about gays, transgenders, blacks, hispanics, women and drag queens ( :lol: ) can't win. Trump can't win. DeSanctimonious can't win. Maybe you guys should try Tuckyo Rose. :lol:
Has anybody informed Joe he is running for reelection? :D
Sigh. Great news.

If the Republicans can pull their act together, and nominate a non-clickbait, regular ol' Conservative? My vote is waiting for them.

Someone under 55 would be a nice bonus.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Who is that person on the right side?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:52 pm Who is that person on the right side?
Larry Hogan comes to mind. I'd vote for him over Biden. But he's 66 right now.

Who ya got, Kram?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Too many far-right congresscritters driving the boat for me to consider voting for a Republican president any time soon. If the House and Senate were firmly in supermajority D control, I'd consider a moderate R for pres.

We're probably stuck with a Trump ticket in '24...

And Trump would be the oldest president in history if he wins, which apparently the right REALLY, REALLY cares about Biden. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 pm
Why would he run? Have he and his fans forgotten that our elections are "fixed"?

Bet we don't have a single journalist smart enough to ask: why are you wasting your time and money running for office when you're 100% certain our elections are fixed, and you have zero chance of winning?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:04 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:52 pm Who is that person on the right side?
Larry Hogan comes to mind. I'd vote for him over Biden. But he's 66 right now.

Who ya got, Kram?
Heck, I'd take a 66 year old Hogan any day. He is a "young" 66!
Otherwise there aren't too many anti-trump moderates.
Perhaps Tim Scott from SC. But I'm not sure where he is on a lot of issues. Just know he hasn't been a huge Trump fan.
Youngkin from VA, Sununu from NH. Both relatively inexperienced, a'la Obama. Which might be a good thing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 pm Too many far-right congresscritters driving the boat for me to consider voting for a Republican president any time soon. If the House and Senate were firmly in supermajority D control, I'd consider a moderate R for pres.

And Trump would be the oldest president in history if he wins, which apparently the right REALLY, REALLY cares about Biden. :lol:
That's where my head is too at this point.

I think the full Trumpist MAGA thing has to be firmly rejected for a cycle or two before it makes sense to support a moderate GOP candidate as a balance to 'too progressive'. It's not just Trump, it's the extremist MAGA movement that needs to lose badly.

Unfortunately, the "moderates" who are actually considering running have been trying to appeal to this MAGA crew...Youngkin certainly has lurched right, so he's off my possible consideration. Tim Scott has tacked hard right recently. Sununu is anti-Trump and wants to be forward looking but he's not actually 'moderate' IMO. But he's closer.

Just not ok.

Hogan did not kowtow to MAGA, but he's definitely not running.
Charlie Baker did not, but he's not running.

It's really tough to see who is "moderate" right now that could emerge nationally in 2028. Maybe 2032.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:20 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:34 pm Too many far-right congresscritters driving the boat for me to consider voting for a Republican president any time soon. If the House and Senate were firmly in supermajority D control, I'd consider a moderate R for pres.

I think the full Trumpist MAGA thing has to be firmly rejected for a cycle or two before it makes sense to support a moderate GOP candidate as a balance to 'too progressive'. It's not just Trump, it's the extremist MAGA movement that needs to lose badly.

Unfortunately, the "moderates" who are actually considering running have been trying to appeal to this MAGA crew...Youngkin certainly has lurched right, so he's off my possible consideration. Tim Scott has tacked hard right recently. Sununu is anti-Trump and wants to be forward looking but he's not actually 'moderate' IMO. But he's closer.

Just not ok.

It's really tough to see who is "moderate" right now that could emerge nationally in 2028. Maybe 2032.
Sununu professes to be anti-Trump, and calls Trump names occasionally. But he has said that if Trump is the nominee he will support him. He seems "moderate," largely because he is governing a purple state. But his governing philosophy is murky; apart from his sticking his finger into the wind on certain issues, it is hard to characterize him.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:43 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:20 am

Just not ok.

Sununu professes to be anti-Trump, and calls Trump names occasionally. But he has said that if Trump is the nominee he will support him. He seems "moderate," largely because he is governing a purple state. But his governing philosophy is murky; apart from his sticking his finger into the wind on certain issues, it is hard to characterize him.
Opportunistic

He is right that the GOP should look forward not backward with Trump but he talks way too fast, way to facile in his answers on policy. Too worried about the base voters but the problem, again, is that the base voters have grown so angry and intense, demanding tribute not truth.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Watched a couple of liberal channels on youtube. Libs are engaging in quite a lot of triumphalism over tRump's recent troubles including the rape trial currently going on in Manhattan. While all these celebrations are going on, Biden's approval number has hit rock bottom at 37%.

Dems have recently lost three pols to the Pukie party, a gerrymandering case in North Carolina has gone in favor of the GOP, Florida continues to gerrymander, DeSantis's popularity numbers are increasing, Republicans in Congress do their best to stifle legislative progress, right wingers continue to blame Biden for inflation even though it is a world wide problem and the USA ranks low in inflation compared to other nations, Diane Feinstein refuses to step aside, etc. For some reason Dems are busy celebrating while Republicans continue to screw the nation and succeed in the polls.

What next?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:00 pm Watched a couple of liberal channels on youtube. Libs are engaging in quite a lot of triumphalism over tRump's recent troubles including the rape trial currently going on in Manhattan. While all these celebrations are going on, Biden's approval number has hit rock bottom at 37%.

Dems have recently lost three pols to the Pukie party, a gerrymandering case in North Carolina has gone in favor of the GOP, Florida continues to gerrymander, DeSantis's popularity numbers are increasing, Republicans in Congress do their best to stifle legislative progress, right wingers continue to blame Biden for inflation even though it is a world wide problem and the USA ranks low in inflation compared to other nations, Diane Feinstein refuses to step aside, etc. For some reason Dems are busy celebrating while Republicans continue to screw the nation and succeed in the polls.

What next?
I don't know what celebrating looks like, but I think it's understandable that there's some chortling about Trump's legal woes among his detractors on social media.

But among registered Republicans his woes are actually benefiting his likelihood of being the GOP candidate.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tr ... nal-polls/

Meanwhile, DeSantis' 'stock' is falling. Leading to major donors withdrawing support and a slew of Florida politicians deciding to openly support Trump over DeSantis. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tr ... e-worried/

The Disney stumble is hurting him with traditional GOP voters and major donors who think government shouldn't be attacking business. His signing of the abortion restrictions exposes a major weakness for the GOP in 2024. Many of the big donors understand this...

That said, plenty to be concerned about.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I don't know what celebrating looks like, but I think it's understandable that there's some chortling about Trump's legal woes among his detractors on social media.

All the liberal channels are celebrating what they believe to be the impending downfall of tRump. Laughing and gloating as if his conviction or guilt is a sure thing in all of those lawsuits. It's like the football team that dumps multiple gallons of cold water on their coach thinking they have won the game only to realize that the opposing team has picked up the ball and scored the winning goal in the last possible second. All this gloating while Biden's approval rating has dropped to an all time low. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the judges drop all charges with tRump smiling like the cat who ate the proverbial canary with his popularity ratings now exceeding those of Biden and ultimately winning back the White Wash House.

I have tried to tell these Democrat buffoons that the battle has not been won. That they must work to improve Biden's image - that his successes must be acknowledged and that his ratings should be heightened while the courts deal with tRump. Instead, these fools are celebrating and gloating while ignoring the fact that the majority of the populace believe Biden is not competent enough to succeed in Washington DC. If this continues the RepubliCONs will surely win back the Senate and White Wash House next year. Then, things will get screwed even more.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 am

All the liberal channels are celebrating what they believe to be the impending downfall of tRump. Laughing and gloating as if his conviction or guilt is a sure thing in all of those lawsuits. It's like the football team that dumps multiple gallons of cold water on their coach thinking they have won the game only to realize that the opposing team has picked up the ball and scored the winning goal in the last possible second. All this gloating while Biden's approval rating has dropped to an all time low. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the judges drop all charges with tRump smiling like the cat who ate the proverbial canary with his popularity ratings now exceeding those of Biden and ultimately winning back the White Wash House.

I have tried to tell these Democrat buffoons that the battle has not been won. That they must work to improve Biden's image - that his successes must be acknowledged and that his ratings should be heightened while the courts deal with tRump. Instead, these fools are celebrating and gloating while ignoring the fact that the majority of the populace believe Biden is not competent enough to succeed in Washington DC. If this continues the RepubliCONs will surely win back the Senate and White Wash House next year. Then, things will get screwed even more.
I feel your concern.
And I think it's a reasonable concern that somehow the ball bounces the wrong way right into the hands of the opposing team.

I definitely agree that Dems, including the most liberal, should focus on helping Biden win, as if there's a serious chance that he might not.

As to the judges dropping the charges re Trump, not gonna happen. What may be of greater concern is that the prosecutions have not been timely, enabling all of this coming court time to be in election season, and in some ways a free campaign ad for the grievance claims of the GOP and their candidate.

The danger is that it excites people to come out in support of the corrupt POS while crowding out actual serious consideration of the accomplishments made by this Admin and those needing to be made. Serious policy.

As to Biden's approval ratings, he's absolutely hated by a big part of the population, because he defeated the cult leader. And the entire right wing media bubble is devoted to claiming, falsely, that Biden is too old, senile, incapable of leadership...while he consistently defies that claim.

But much of the left plays into that narrative too, as they're itching for younger, more obviously dynamic, more progressive leadership...forgetting that winning is what matters to advancing the ball.

They'll come home in the general, but the danger is that the narrative gets stuck...and somehow Biden stumbles health wise down the stretch and the narrative takes over, too late for an alternative.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:52 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 am

I feel your concern.
And I think it's a reasonable concern that somehow the ball bounces the wrong way right into the hands of the opposing team.

I definitely agree that Dems, including the most liberal, should focus on helping Biden win, as if there's a serious chance that he might not.

As to the judges dropping the charges re Trump, not gonna happen. What may be of greater concern is that the prosecutions have not been timely, enabling all of this coming court time to be in election season, and in some ways a free campaign ad for the grievance claims of the GOP and their candidate.

The danger is that it excites people to come out in support of the corrupt POS while crowding out actual serious consideration of the accomplishments made by this Admin and those needing to be made. Serious policy.

As to Biden's approval ratings, he's absolutely hated by a big part of the population, because he defeated the cult leader. And the entire right wing media bubble is devoted to claiming, falsely, that Biden is too old, senile, incapable of leadership...while he consistently defies that claim.

But much of the left plays into that narrative too, as they're itching for younger, more obviously dynamic, more progressive leadership...forgetting that winning is what matters to advancing the ball.

They'll come home in the general, but the danger is that the narrative gets stuck...and somehow Biden stumbles health wise down the stretch and the narrative takes over, too late for an alternative.
Not to judge if Biden is senile or not but he could not recall his trip to Ireland 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if he kissed the Blarney stone or not.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:00 pm Watched a couple of liberal channels on youtube. Libs are engaging in quite a lot of triumphalism over tRump's recent troubles including the rape trial currently going on in Manhattan. While all these celebrations are going on, Biden's approval number has hit rock bottom at 37%.

What next?
... I think it is silly to worry about Biden's approval numbers currently. He is being compared to no one. This is the same as 2020 and 2022. Something has got to change before his numbers might mean something. Currently I can only see two things that concern me, 1) he gets blamed for the default if that happens, 2) a third party candidate runs who can draw votes from him. I suspect in the blame game in case of default, he will not lose a single vote, not certain it turns out that way, but I think that is the smart bet. It looks like "No Labels" is serious about running a TPC, although it is not clear who that would be, nor is 100% the case they will.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:23 pm

... I think it is silly to worry about Biden's approval numbers currently. He is being compared to no one. This is the same as 2020 and 2022. Something has got to change before his numbers might mean something. Currently I can only see two things that concern me, 1) he gets blamed for the default if that happens, 2) a third party candidate runs who can draw votes from him. I suspect in the blame game in case of default, he will not lose a single vote, not certain it turns out that way, but I think that is the smart bet. It looks like "No Labels" is serious about running a TPC, although it is not clear who that would be, nor is 100% the case they will.

~ ... I think it is silly to worry about Biden's approval numbers currently. He is being compared to no one. ~

Maybe it's not so much of a problem on this forum but you go to any other forum, especially one where the prevailing view is right wing, the CONservatives are having a field day with Biden's low numbers. They continue to blame him for the defeat in and retreat from Afghanistan even though he faithfully adhered to tRump's withdrawal time table [in my many years of observing American politics this is the first time a president has been blamed for the actions of another with critics capitalizing on it]. Further, these delusionals blame him for hyper inflation even though the USA does not rank in the top 100 in inflation numbers. When people like me ask, is he responsible for the other other 100+ nations whose inflation numbers are worse, they always side step the issue. Same with the gas/oil price problem. When these occurred under Reagan/Bush I/Bush II nobody blamed them for the problem. The right wing continues to have a field day blaming Biden and, like it or not, it's going to cost him votes. You have to remember how right wingers are -- like sheep to the slaughter. They have no capability of thinking for themselves. The right wing pundits dictate to them what to think, say, and vote. No matter how often you try to communicate rationally with them, like the hate cultists they are, they will succumb to the idiocies and mindlessness of their radical right puppet string masters.

~ default ~

That's a point we were making before. You can bet your bottom dollar the right wing will again blame him and win over a great many more votes even though it is the CONs who caused it.

~ third party candidate ~

I do believe that's where RFK, Jr's role comes in. So far from what I've seen he hasn't come up with any alternatives to Biden though perhaps he has and I am not aware of it. The only thing he appears to be doing at this time is just siphoning off support for him from Dems and attempting to get some of it for himself. Dunno for sure but it appears that way.

Bottom line is that despite Biden's many successes, the right wing has succeeded in attributing to him certain problems that were not of his making. While his approval numbers are only slightly higher than tRump's were at this point (with tRump, his numbers dropped even more as Covid came on the scene), we have yet to see how the war in the Russia-Ukraine border will turn out. If the USA becomes involved Biden's numbers will drop even further. We shall see what happens next.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seen this today:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:33 pm Seen this today:

Smells like a performance put on by two complete goobers. I guess we'll see.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Grassley just a bit ago on Fox News basically is punting when asked about details "we gotta wait..."

Until there is some actual evidence this smells strongly of a complete performance to push a narrative that Biden is corrupt. Goobers is a good description...

Return to “POLITICS”