How First-Year Coaches With DI Programs Are Doing

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

How First-Year Coaches With DI Programs Are Doing

Post by gymman1031 »

I haven't had a chance to do much research. But I would think that Bryant coach Brad Ross is among those doing the best. They are 9-3 overall and in second place in the America East.
MoralTerpitude

Re: How First-Year Coaches With DI Programs Are Doing

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Benson has a pretty good shot at sneaking into the Big East tournament, with a win against St. John’s (assuming the H2H win over Marquette gets them in). Not too shabby.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 pm Benson has a pretty good shot at sneaking into the Big East tournament, with a win against St. John’s (assuming the H2H win over Marquette gets them in). Not too shabby.
Good call with Benson! Ironically, his program is in the same state as that of Ross’ program!
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Ross definitely leads all new coaches. An under the rador coach is Eric Wolf at NJIT. They won 2 games and have been in every game pretty much. Went to OT a few games. He made that team competitive his 1st yr. He's a very good recruiter and has an eye for overlooked talent as he showed with LIU. He was building LIU who improved every yr and was a very good team last yr. Shame they didn't try and keep him to continue building because all those kids that left would have stayed and they probably win the MAAC this yr. Now he's done a good job yr 1 and NJIT and I bet he improves each yr like he did at LIU. He will bring in very talented players who were overlooked for whatever reason like he did with Will Mark, Richie Lacalandra, Blake Behlen exc.. at LIU. Just the fact NJIT was in every game this yr is very impressive. Keep an eye on NJIT the next few yrs.
Qckstk

Post by Qckstk »

Not sure how they would have won the MAAC this year. They played 4 MAAC teams and lost to 3. The did beat Wagner who was 2 and 7 in the MAAC.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

I said if the team didn't lose Its 6 best players to the transfer portal. The team that lost to St Joes 11 - 10 on conference play last season. That includes All American goaliecWill Mark. I think they would have definitely won the MAAC but that's me.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

All those guys transferred out to top programs. All I meant was Eric Wolf was building a solid program and once he left 6 of their top players jumped in the transfer portal. 2 went to Syracuse, 1 to Ohio State, 1 to UMASS, 1 to Drexel and 1 to Stonybrook. They stay and LIU is a way different team this yr. I do believe the new coach will build them back up he just had to start over with so many guys hitting the portal.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”