Tewaaraton 2023

D1 Womens Lacrosse
madlaxer59

Tewaaraton 2023

Post by madlaxer59 »

Still early but a third of way through games.
Honestly think it’s a 2 person race but
Right now have to go with Scane : leading country in Goals (we don’t care about points ;) ) and so integral to NU success. While MT is a tremendous player - held to 4 points last 2 games and I think only 1 goal? Cuse has so many players who can score for them….she was held to 1 goal today and cuse didn’t miss a beat.
If NU gets to finals I think award goes to Scane .
Thoughts??
laxer12

Re: Tewaaraton 2023

Post by laxer12 »

madlaxer59 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm Still early but a third of way through games.
Right now have to go with Scane : leading country in Goals (we don’t care about points ;) ) and so integral to NU success. While MT is a tremendous player - held to 4 points last 2 games and I think only 1 goal? Cuse has so many players who can score for them….she was held to 1 goal today and cuse didn’t miss a beat.
Thoughts??
She hasn’t been playing well at all the last several games; she’s been a ghost of her usual self. Not sure what her deal is but it’s concerning. She’s not dodging effectively, not shooting the ball well at all, and she’s not creating opportunities for her teammates. She went from averaging almost 7 points per game in the first 6 games of the season to now averaging 2.67 points in the last 3 games. It’s no surprise that Syracuse has lacked some offensive firepower in their last 3 outings. They need her to play better.
madlaxer59

Post by madlaxer59 »

laxer12 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:54 pm
madlaxer59 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm Still early but a third of way through games.
Thoughts??
She hasn’t been playing well at all the last several games; she’s been a ghost of her usual self. Not sure what her deal is but it’s concerning. She’s not dodging effectively, not shooting the ball well at all, and she’s not creating opportunities for her teammates. She went from averaging almost 7 points per game in the first 6 games of the season to now averaging 2.67 points in the last 3 games. It’s no surprise that Syracuse has lacked some offensive firepower in their last 3 outings. They need her to play better.
really interested to watch the SB game Wednesday. Cuse is the better team and they will be back inside in the dome. She (MT) could light it up for 8 points.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

madlaxer59 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:09 pm
Thoughts??
really interested to watch the SB game Wednesday. Cuse is the better team and they will be back inside in the dome. She (MT) could light it up for 8 points.
Love the smarts and toughness that MT plays with, but this is a one horse race I think with Scane winning unless she gets hurt again and misses games. Even if NU doesn't make the final, an average of 6 goals and like 8 pts a game is absurd against maybe one of the toughest schedules out there. I guess a goalie could get hot the rest of the way and win it all, but if you haven't watched Izzy play, there isn't a one on one defender on the planet who can guard her. Oh and as an attacker, she rides like somebody stole money from her, which I love to see in any top player.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Laxallday wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:24 am
madlaxer59 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:09 pm
Thoughts??
Love the smarts and toughness that MT plays with, but this is a one horse race I think with Scane winning unless she gets hurt again and misses games. Even if NU doesn't make the final, an average of 6 goals and like 8 pts a game is absurd against maybe one of the toughest schedules out there. I guess a goalie could get hot the rest of the way and win it all, but if you haven't watched Izzy play, there isn't a one on one defender on the planet who can guard her. Oh and as an attacker, she rides like somebody stole money from her, which I love to see in any top player.
Right now it's the Scane Train for the Tewey!
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxallday wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:24 am she rides like somebody stole money from her
:lol:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:41 am
Laxallday wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:24 am she rides like somebody stole money from her
:lol:
^^ good one
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

How in the world is Jackie Wolack NOT on the final 25 list and choma and Ahern are? Wolack leads the team in points—annd has done it by posting nearly identical numbers of goals and assists. She is consistently the #1 player opposing defenses build their scheme to stop. Anyone who has watched notre dame this year can see that Wolack is their most important offensive player.

Btw, I’m not her dad and don’t even like ND. But I do like great players and she is a nightmare to defend. Including her two teammates rather than her makes the whole process look silly….

Who cares if Ahern and choma were top rated inside lacrosse recruits other than IL?? Apparently the committee does. They are excellent players. Maybe even worth including on the top 25 (debatable btw). But not as excellent as Wolack.

These lists are head scratching. And why do we need 25 names? At this point, they could have gone to 10 max….
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Agreed. I think Carney and Wolak are the most glaring omissions.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:39 am Agreed. I think Carney and Wolak are the most glaring omissions.
LaLiberty …last year they had 3 goalies. The fact they only have 1 kid from UNC and 2 from Florida speaks volumes for a team that’s ranked higher .also only one kid from Maryland - bet that has never happened.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 am How in the world is Jackie Wolack NOT on the final 25 list and choma and Ahern are? Wolack leads the team in points—annd has done it by posting nearly identical numbers of goals and assists. She is consistently the #1 player opposing defenses build their scheme to stop. Anyone who has watched notre dame this year can see that Wolack is their most important offensive player.

Btw, I’m not her dad and don’t even like ND. But I do like great players and she is a nightmare to defend. Including her two teammates rather than her makes the whole process look silly….

Who cares if Ahern and choma were top rated inside lacrosse recruits other than IL?? Apparently the committee does. They are excellent players. Maybe even worth including on the top 25 (debatable btw). But not as excellent as Wolack.

These lists are head scratching. And why do we need 25 names? At this point, they could have gone to 10 max….
I was thinking this exact thing. Wolack needed to be included. Also, defenders need more love. This is almost a best attacker award and a popularity concert. Meghan Ball is not getting enough recognition because of the team she is on.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

user1020 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:43 pm Meghan Ball is not getting enough recognition because of the team she is on.
Imagine if she played for Defender U.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:44 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:39 am Agreed. I think Carney and Wolak are the most glaring omissions.
LaLiberty …last year they had 3 goalies. The fact they only have 1 kid from UNC and 2 from Florida speaks volumes for a team that’s ranked higher .also only one kid from Maryland - bet that has never happened.
After watching NU game tonight - Again can’t understand how Laliberty was left off this list .
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

I see Masera back to being listed as a Maddie. Idk the past games I have watched she has played attack.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

She has played attack the last 2 years but Spallina continues to tout her as a middie so her stats look better against middies. She is an attacker just like the Tyrells, Ward, Scane, Medjid etc. That said, she is a unique attacker that also excels on the circle. I have not seen the freshman Taylor from NU play - is she also actually an attacker?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Lax101 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:35 am She has played attack the last 2 years but Spallina continues to tout her as a middie so her stats look better against middies. She is an attacker just like the Tyrells, Ward, Scane, Medjid etc. That said, she is a unique attacker that also excels on the circle. I have not seen the freshman Taylor from NU play - is she also actually an attacker?
I’m thinking I didn’t see her on D last night …
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:31 am
Lax101 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:35 am She has played attack the last 2 years but Spallina continues to tout her as a middie so her stats look better against middies. She is an attacker just like the Tyrells, Ward, Scane, Medjid etc. That said, she is a unique attacker that also excels on the circle. I have not seen the freshman Taylor from NU play - is she also actually an attacker?
I’m thinking I didn’t see her on D last night …
She will get a D shift every now and then, but generally just draw circle and attack.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:24 pm
After watching NU game tonight - Again can’t understand how Laliberty was left off this list .
Maybe because she is ranked 35th in the country for save percentage.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:58 am
I guess but if we go on stats and not eye test why wouldn’t a Wolack from ND be on list over Ahern when she leads Ahern in points, ground balls etc? As far as value to team I would say LaLiberty is deserving of a tewey nod at least top 25
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:38 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:58 am
I guess but if we go on stats and not eye test why wouldn’t a Wolack from ND be on list over Ahern when she leads Ahern in points, ground balls etc? As far as value to team I would say LaLiberty is deserving of a tewey nod at least top 25
The other two goalies on the Tewaaraton list are currently #1 in save percentage (Schweitzer from Syracuse) and #3 (Reznick from Florida). Laliberty who is a solid goalie is not even at a 50% save percentage at .455 She’s ranked 15th for Goals Against Average.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”